IGNORED

Newcastle at St. James Park

markjazzbassist

Tuesday is coming quickly and it will be interesting to see what kind of lineup we field. With Pardew on ban Newcastle hasn't looked it's best and just barely won on saturday in stoppage time. No Loic Remy either and with Cabaye off to PSG I don't see them as lethal as they were earlier in the season. I think we can win away and will. It's going to be a tall order but here's the lineup I'd like to see (still guessing Jags and Pienaar are out)

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley McGeady

Lukaku

Tuesday is coming quickly and it will be interesting to see what kind of lineup we field. With Pardew on ban Newcastle hasn't looked it's best and just barely won on saturday in stoppage time. No Loic Remy either and with Cabaye off to PSG I don't see them as lethal as they were earlier in the season. I think we can win away and will. It's going to be a tall order but here's the lineup I'd like to see (still guessing Jags and Pienaar are out)

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley McGeady

Lukaku

Deulofeu was rested for this game. He will start, maybe instead of Mirallas.

Why is there no Remy? Is he injured?

yes he was injured around the 13th and was said to miss 3 weeks. papiss demba cisse scored their goal for the win this weekend. i follow newcastle as a neutral and all their pundits were scared when remy went down because they don't have other goal scoring threats. it was either remy or cabaye (gone now).

Don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but isn't there already a matchday thread for this very game already in existence ?

In any event, any Everton wins on Tyneside are few and far between and this week should be no different. Not a favorable venue for the club and say what you will about Pardew, he's a good motivator and they've still got a chance of UEFA cup play next season so will be fired up for this. Can't see anything more than taking a point home unfortunately. which will do neither side any favors for their respective challenges.

Don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but isn't there already a matchday thread for this very game already in existence ?

In any event, any Everton wins on Tyneside are few and far between and this week should be no different. Not a favorable venue for the club and say what you will about Pardew, he's a good motivator and they've still got a chance of UEFA cup play next season so will be fired up for this. Can't see anything more than taking a point home unfortunately. which will do neither side any favors for their respective challenges.

that thread is about the game date being moved, not about the actual game hence why i started this. if the mods don't like it they can remove it, i don't care.

also PARDEW IS SUSPENDED, i know you don't follow as closely as you'd like but he hit a player and is out for a few more matches. It's been mentioned above, but I'm guessing you missed that. Him and Remy, so their side isn't full strength. Also I'm not even sure if Colochinni (bad spelling sorry) is back, he's gone in and out of injury all season.

I wouldnt write Newcastle off that easily. They may have won late at the weekend but by all accounts they were far superior and bossed the game. Cisse could have had a hattrick from what I saw and Ben Arfa was looking sharp.

We just need to go out there and stop them from even getting a foothold in the game. None of this sitting back bollocks, lets press high, press aggressively and turn the ball over early. Im sure Bobby had them watching El Classico last night and Im sure he will be looking for that intensity.

We could do with a clean sheet.....then Lukaku can do his "pretend to leave the ball behind" trick again in the ninetieth minute and a nice simple three points.

No I can't see that either; think we'll conceded two and struggle to score...late equaliser for a draw maybe but I'm finding it hard to see a win, unless Newcastle roll over like they did in the first half at Goodison.

I feel sure that Osman and Deulofeu will start. They were rested on Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mirallas on the bench since he played the entire match against Swansea.

I agree about Gerry, I think he'll start. Not sure about Osman, personally I'd rather it was Gerry, Barkley and either McGeady or Mirallas as the 3 supporting Lukaku

Id like to see:

.................Howard..................

.......McCarthy.. Barry..............

Gerry ......Mirallas .....McGeady

................Lukaku .................

That is a serious amount of pace to worry Newcastle with.

Also, Stones should keep his place in my opinion for 2 reasons. 1/ he's earned it, 2/ Let Jags come back for Fulham to give him some game time before Arsenal

Id like to see:

.................Howard..................

.......McCarthy.. Barry..............

Gerry ......Mirallas .....McGeady

................Lukaku .................

That is a serious amount of pace to worry Newcastle with.

Also, Stones should keep his place in my opinion for 2 reasons. 1/ he's earned it, 2/ Let Jags come back for Fulham to give him some game time before Arsenal

I'd be very happy with that team, and also equally happy with Barkley coming in for Mirallas, either way looks good to me. Rest one of Barkley or Mirallas and give the fresher legs of Gerry and McGeady a chance to rip them a new one :)

Edit - I seem to have forgotten what I wrote only an hour ago haha, where I said play Barkley and choose between Mirallas and McGeady. Combine my two posts and I guess I have my own answer.... Gerry, Barkley and McGeady for me, and rest Kev.

Edited by Ant1979

Matt you've lost it mate. Barkley is first on the sheet every game. Has the most amount of energy out of all those three midfielders. And is the pest counterattacking midfielder we've got.

seems the pot is calling the kettle black. Up until his injury I would've agreed but since coming back he's had decent patches of games rather than decent games. I'd rather let the pace of the 3 mentioned do the initial work to tire their midfield and defence, then give Ross 25-30 mins to get at them.

Barkley is slowly getting back to form. Naismith should play through the middle Barkley next to McCarthy :P

getting there, certainly, but not fully there yet. Giving him cameos against tired opposition will help get his confidence up, start him and he will pop up every now and again which helps noone.

That said, he got a goal so maybe play him and hope he shows up. I'm happy either way if I'm honest!