IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Because some people simply can't handle being wrong about a player, or are genuinely blind when it comes to a player they've decided is good.

And I'm in full agreement with you on the second bit. Even in the first half when it was dire Naismith was one of very few of our players I difntbwant to strangle. He wasn't having a good game at all but he was pretty much the only one who rolled their sleeves up and had a go, actually looked arsed.

Players I have incorrectly judged:-

Fellaini - I thought he was poor, he became very good and reduced to decent. Purely for the fact that he was so slow and imobile for a DM.

Naismith:- I thought he was awful. Turned out to be a decent player with a great eye for a finish and is a great pro.

Jags:- when he first joined I thought he was a disaster

Current players I highly rate:-

McCarthy, Stones, Baines, Garbutt, Barkley (when his head is right)

Players who I think are poor and we need to drop:-

Barry, Howard, Barkley

Players who frustrate (attitude):-

Lukaku, Mirallas, Howard, Barry, Barkley

Naismith is a grafter who has an eye for a goal, no more no less

His overall play was awful last night and as Romey says our moves regularly break down as soon as it gets to Naismith, and Im not just talking about last night. He reminds me of Durk Kuyt when he was playing for the Shite.

A grafter with an eye for goal, Kevin Keegan made a great career out of that.

Its interesting that Rom is lauded as a goalscorer and thats why we bought him - so therefore we are to ignore his inability to win an aerial challenge, hold the ball and link up play - but Naismith isn't afforded that luxury?

Strange. Two players, similar supposed failings but one gets away with it and the other doesn't.

Its interesting that Rom is lauded as a goalscorer and thats why we bought him - so therefore we are to ignore his inability to win an aerial challenge, hold the ball and link up play - but Naismith isn't afforded that luxury?

Strange. Two players, similar supposed failings but one gets away with it and the other doesn't.

'Fuck sake, give it a rest. See the goal for hold up and link up play. Your vendetta is boring, if you worked with him you'd be reprimanded for bullying.

Naismith is a grafter who has an eye for a goal, no more no less

His overall play was awful last night and as Romey says our moves regularly break down as soon as it gets to Naismith, and Im not just talking about last night. He reminds me of Durk Kuyt when he was playing for the Shite.

This. He plays us into trouble alot, gives the ball away far too easily, sometimes not under pressure but he can score.

So RM should play him to his strengths. He's a finisher, grafter. Use him and Rom alongside each other and let them play.

I was going to say exactly the same thing to you about it!

You like Naismith because he is a good finisher but are permanently on Lukakus case yet admit he is also a good finisher

Naismith is no worse a player in the build up than anyone else right now.

Put Naismith into the Kone and McGeady bracket. For some fans it doesn't matter what they do - they will always hold the opinion that they had a bad game, even when they didn't.

I retain the opinion that one on one, Naismith is the best i've seen for a long while at our club, after the villa game he said:-

“I saw the keeper plant his feet and I knocked the ball past him, and he can’t move.”

He did it again last night - its a tremendous skill that requires a cool nerve. It is to a degree the same as what the likes of balotelli, Aguero and Hazard do with their penalties. Some people see things in a slower motion than others and he could be like that.

I know, because lukaku was motm and had a blinder and proved me completely wrong. What I'll do is divert the attention to the Naismith bashing and backhim instead. Pathetic i know.

Fellaini - I thought he was poor, he became very good and reduced to decent. Purely for the fact that he was so slow and imobile for a DM.

Naismith:- I thought he was awful. Turned out to be a decent player with a great eye for a finish and is a great pro.

Barry, Howard, Barkley

I think it would be fair to add McGeady, Lukaku and Kone to the list you got wrong

I think it would be fair to add McGeady, Lukaku and Kone to the list you got wrong

I'll give mcgeady till next season, stick me in the vault after that.

Lukaku??? Ffs, you lot don't half cling to one off performances. Amazing how Leicester is quickly forgotten after his previous "this is Rom" - he's the most hot and cold footballer I've seen since Harry kewell.

I know, because lukaku was motm and had a blinder and proved me completely wrong. What I'll do is divert the attention to the Naismith bashing and backhim instead. Pathetic i know.

Yeah let's just hold that one till Sunday eh. Usually after his usual Euro 40 minutes of effort he looks like Frank Bruno in the 8th round of a title fight.

Lukaku??? Ffs, you lot don't half cling to one off performances. Amazing how Leicester is quickly forgotten after his previous "this is Rom" - he's the most hot and cold footballer I've seen since Harry kewell.

How long until next season? Until the end when he's had 2.5 seasons under his belt? You bash Lukaku after he's done more in one game than McGeady has all season; Europa or PL; this season or last.

You're so willing to give your favorites time but not Lukaku. You have an obvious agenda against him.

It's so crazy that you talk about how everyone jumps on the Lukaku bandwagon after one good game. Well, we're still waiting on McGeady's one good game. He's 28, he shouldn't take this long to settle. We didn't buy him "for the future."

Anyone who can get into double figures for the season playing in this very pedestrian Everton team must be doing something right and Lukaku has 16 already. How many " one off performances" does it take from a youngster before the penny drops and you start thinking the lad might just have something?

How long until next season? Until the end when he's had 2.5 seasons under his belt? You bash Lukaku after he's done more in one game than McGeady has all season; Europa or PL; this season or last.

You're so willing to give your favorites time but not Lukaku. You have an obvious agenda against him.

It's so crazy that you talk about how everyone jumps on the Lukaku bandwagon after one good game. Well, we're still waiting on McGeady's one good game. He's 28, he shouldn't take this long to settle. We didn't buy him "for the future."

Spot on

It the same with Naismith, a player I do have a lot of time for btw, Haf is singing his praises saying he can finish even if he doesn't offer anything else yet he slaughters Mirallas and Lukaku who have both got more goals than him

Anyone who can get into double figures for the season playing in this very pedestrian Everton team must be doing something right and Lukaku has 16 already. How many " one off performances" does it take from a youngster before the penny drops and you start thinking the lad might just have something?

Difference of opinions clearly. I've not seen any improvement in his game other than some degree of the odd bit of strengthening his position to hold the ball up.

Yes he's a good instinctive finisher. But let's be honest, half of you are shit scared of him proving to be a flop. He isn't a flop, he just isn't very good and you hate me telling you what you are seeing.

Now's the best time to get my opinion in of him because I won't rub noses in and say I told you so after a shite game.

Thing is, it's repeat and rinse isn't it? Yes had his motm game in Europe. Against Newcastle on Sunday.

Charlie Austin is on double figures.

Now's the best time to get my opinion in of him because I won't rub noses in and say I told you so after a shite game.

:rofl: But Billy, that's just what you 'DO' after every shot he misses, every header he doesn't win, every pass he get's wrong !!

You really are a weapon .

Difference of opinions clearly. I've not seen any improvement in his game other than some degree of the odd bit of strengthening his position to hold the ball up.

Yes he's a good instinctive finisher. But let's be honest, half of you are shit scared of him proving to be a flop. He isn't a flop, he just isn't very good and you hate me telling you what you are seeing.

Thing is, it's repeat and rinse isn't it? Yes had his motm game in Europe. Against Newcastle on Sunday.

Charlie Austin is on double figures.

Charlie Austin isn't playing in this team so you may have missed my point and I know enough about football to form my own opinion so thanks for the offer but I don't need you to tell me what Im seeing

Barry, Howard, Barkley

Here is one for you

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-striker-romelu-lukaku-out-8839694

Now surely you have either got Martinez wrong or you hav Rom wrong?

Charlie Austin isn't playing in this team so you may have missed my point and I know enough about football to form my own opinion so thanks for the offer but I don't need you to tell me what Im seeing

You may have missed it, Rom is up there in terms of total chances. He's one of the top in terms of chances missed, and Is the most offside flagged player in the league

Here is one for you

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-striker-romelu-lukaku-out-8839694

Now surely you have either got Martinez wrong or you hav Rom wrong?

I've already stated that Martinez is on thin ice, I can quote it if you want.

Spending £28m on lukaku, I said in the world cup I didn't want him. I said before the world cup I didnt. I stated the reasons that I state to this day that no one can say I have changed.

I hope he does make me wrong but the odd glory night just doesn't.

We spent years struggling because of a £40m overdraft. £28m has been blown on a player.

Tell me, does Martinez signing Rom strengthen Martinez position with you.... You choose.

You may have missed it, Rom is up there in terms of total chances. He's one of the top in terms of chances missed, and Is the most offside flagged player in the league

And how many of Lukakus chances are of his own making?

QPR pump the ball into the box and hope Austin, who looks decent btw, gets on the end of it. We on the other hand have tended to play tippy tappy crap then give it to Rom on the wing and hope he cuts in and gets a shot away

Really, does that include spooning the ball over the bar from 10 yards cos it's on the weaker foot? Twice in one game?

Smacking the ball 15 yards wide from 40 yards on an open go when jags was free to have a one on one with a non goalkeeper. Go all night with this dunc.

Just waiting for the jpeg of him with his dreadlocks saying:-

"Neymar has as many goals as lukaku after playing in a tough technical league whilst lukaku scored most of his playing Against part time vets and mechanics after making his debut as a 16 year old with an over active pituitary gland"

Edited by Hafnia

I've already stated that Martinez is on thin ice, I can quote it if you want.

Spending £28m on lukaku, I said in the world cup I didn't want him. I said before the world cup I didnt. I stated the reasons that I state to this day that no one can say I have changed.

I hope he does make me wrong but the odd glory night just doesn't.

We spent years struggling because of a £40m overdraft. £28m has been blown on a player.

Tell me, does Martinez signing Rom strengthen Martinez position with you.... You choose.

Ive never been sold on Martinez, I was equally surprised how well he did last season by how shite he has done this season, and have said all along that we paid over the odds for Lukaku

But we have bought potential and I do believe the lad has something.

You bring up the clubs debt but have ignored the climate in which we bought him. It was on the back of a record breaking TV deal and at the end of the day I would have taken a swap for Fellaini and Rom any day of the week

Really, does that include spooning the ball over the bar from 10 yards cos it's on the weaker foot? Twice in one game?

Smacking the ball 15 yards wide from 40 yards on an open go when jags was free to have a one on one with a non goalkeeper. Go all night with this dunc.

"Neymar has as many goals as lukaku after playing in a tough technical league whilst lukaku scored most of his playing Against part time vets and mechanics after making his debut as a 16 year old with an over active pituitary gland"

How is any of that relevant?

Stick to your stats , they will tell you how well he is devloping

The fellaini money was like selling a comic book collection for so much money that you could get rid of a big car loan.

Insstead that money was spent on a time share in Malaga.

I was made up selling fellaini. Our club is not gonna get great value at lukakus price level. The cheeky bastard held out for champs league.

Potential is what I seen James Vaughan at 16. Not lukaku at near 22.

That's your problem Haf.

I do believe there is a knowledgeable fan in there somewhere but your so obsessed with your vendettas that you lose the plot

The fellaini money was like selling a comic book collection for so much money that you could get rid of a big car loan.

Insstead that money was spent on a time share in Malaga.

I was made up selling fellaini. Our club is not gonna get great value at lukakus price level. The cheeky bastard held out for champs league.

Potential is what I seen James Vaughan at 16. Not lukaku at near 22.

Can you remind me what Vaughan is doing now?

Can you remind me what Vaughan is doing now?

;

That's the point... Potential

Means nothing.

As per above, I'm not a knowledgeable fan, I was a decent footballer. Not great but considering I left the game at 12 to start again at 20 and to do so at just shy of semi pro says I understand players. Not the game.

Very rarely will you see me give motm to a defender. I cant appraise that side of the game. as a mid-striker I can. I see instively what they do and should do.

Btw I thought Vaughan was the real deal before injury. Class.