IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Think today cemented Ossies finished. He's always lacked pace but by god the little he had has gone.

I couldn't agree more mc. I think if anyone needs cut loose it would be him this summer. Still has a lot to give and to a lower table side or newly promoted team he could be their 9 and grind out goals. 8m is quality for him.

You can see why we got confused!

• 1 month later...

The teams who win things have big deep squads. The squads get used! Why people want to sell our "good" squad players I don't know. If we sell Naismith & Mirallas in January... You'll all be looking at the bench thinking "THATS WEAK"

Clueless

Edited by MC11

If Roberto sells he will buy that is a certainty.

Probably younger players we need at least three

A striker centre mid and a new winger.

IMO that makes us weaker. Yes they sit on the bench at first but will they be good enough to step up and turn a game on it's head ala Naismith and Mirallas

The easy way to solve the problem of unhappy non-playing members would be to use the fucking bench! That way you show them they at least have a chance of forcing their way back in, that they have opportunities to play.

I have no idea why he won't use the bench when it's full of players that can add something in any situation; losing, winning, wanting a change of formation, a change of game plan.

If Roberto sells he will buy that is a certainty.

Probably younger players we need at least three

A striker centre mid and a new winger.

We've got Henen and Rodrigeuz as young strikers to develop, I'd rathe keep Naisy until the end of the year. He's very similar to Kone and can be used to rotate if Martinez changes his ways.

He is near 30, the lad wants to play and with the money next season on offer teams are desperate to stay in the league. I think January will see teams spend big to stay in the league. If naisy went we have loads of players that can fill that position. I would rather us get the best price which will be £8-10 mill and get a striker in. It's mad not to cash in. I know he is a good player but he won't be anywhere near the first eleven next year if we get that number 10 in summer

Defines what a pro footballer is for me. 2 cruciate injuries, doesn't give a shit about opponents reputation and plays for the shirt.

Even if he moved to the red shite I'd find it hard not to applaud him - but he wouldnt. Class lad right through.

Agreed

I want to keep him until the summer at least. We're going to need the depth soon and he will put in every last drop of sweat for us. Or we can sell him and he does it against us.

Agreed

I want to keep him until the summer at least. We're going to need the depth soon and he will put in every last drop of sweat for us. Or we can sell him and he does it against us.

All depends on whether we have a better replacement lined up before we let him go.

One things for sure as Haf said he's a class lad through and through.

The man is pure quality, a true blue the way he conducts himself but I think as a man he wants to be more than a squad player. U have to applaud that, he doesn't want to sit there and earn his coin he wants to play. He will still be remembered as a true blue. Let him go, get him his move and let him be the fella we cheer for when he bags on tv.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest with Naisy? I still haven't forgot that he scored that brilliant hat-trick against Chelsea, but he seems to have disappeared off the map (except for his charity Christmas dinner news).

If he hangs on beyond January, I want to see him on the pitch again (at least as a sub) - I miss his scrappy attitude and energy.

Is he going? What says thee?