IGNORED

Steven Naismith

word is he is gonna be released in the summer by norwich to get his 50k a week wages off their books. i could see him heading back to Rangers.

They've already revealed their released list (John Ruddy is on it) and he's not on it, so unless they're going to add him to it then word is wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2018 at 10:51, Aidan said:

Love this bloke. A credit to any team he's played for and an absolute gentleman. Won't ever forget about his kindness towards others. We were lucky to have him here.

Not sure what his post retirement plans are, but could he be a good fit to work for Everton in the Community? If he's truly passionate about philanthropy, I would love to enable him to do so through our club. The work any club does in the community would be amplified if they had an ex-player involved on a day to day level, as it would probably garner more attention from fans and the media.

• 1 year later...
On 23/03/2020 at 06:01, Romey 1878 said:

Per usual, he sets an example of being a decent guy, good citizen, and a role model in using his influence and resources to help others... Class act - I hope that someone recognizes his talent and that he can become some sort of spokesperson for a football charity when his playing days end.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I wish him well in his new career, a born fighter with a big heart his goals against Chelsea will always remain as a undying memory of what he meant to Everton, then when he returned to the Old Lady and scored for Norwich I wasn’t upset or surprised I remember thinking fair play to him he just showed us what we were missing. Love the guy even if he is a sweaty sock 😉

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

The club could do with more Steven Naismith’s.

Epitomised everything we want from an employee of the club. 

Had absolutely no tolerance for half efforts, he used to get at Rom on the pitch, he had absolutely no respect for supposed superior opponents..... In fact they used to get the best from him - the hattrick against Chelsea for example.

His finishing was so underrated, if he had athleticism he would have been an unreal player. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

He did. I sort of remember Naismith doing an interview where he said Roberto would ask the subs questions about how they think they can affect the game, while the game was being played. If Naismith thought he seen a weakness in the defence he would tell Roberto, then go on and try to make the difference. Making the players think for themselves and actually watch the game rather then just being sat on the bench doing nothing. I liked that from Roberto, and with a player like Naismith I think it worked great. 

I never new Martinez did that, I’m impressed by such a simple idea 💡 which keeps the players on the bench switched on to what’s happening in the game. Obviously paid dividends for Naismith who often than not could come on and change the game. After hearing that piece of information as anyone considered Bobby as our next manager😉