IGNORED

Steven Naismith

;

That's the point... Potential

Means nothing.

As per above, I'm not a knowledgeable fan, I was a decent footballer. Not great but considering I left the game at 12 to start again at 20 and to do so at just shy of semi pro says I understand players. Not the game.

Very rarely will you see me give motm to a defender. I cant appraise that side of the game. as a mid-striker I can. I see instively what they do and should do.

Btw I thought Vaughan was the real deal before injury. Class.

That backs up my, trying not to be insulting , point .

You make enough salient points for me to believe you know your stuff but you back yourself into a corner with your personal vendettas and refuse to budge

Maybe I am stubborn, aren't we all. A forum gives us that edge. I still maintain my opinion fave to face though. I'm able to make it less arrogantly.

Some pricks on here have bought the worst out of me. Should stop now they are ignored

Apologies to all others who have suffrred.

I don't think that's in question!

Its all about opinions and although I tend to differ from you on a lot of things most things , I know there is plenty of sense in a lot of what you say. That's what frustrates the fuck out of me!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steven Naismith on Scotland, Rangers and why he loves Stewarton

Naismith, a millionaire, has retained a value for money. "I will tell you my X5 story. I bought one when I was at Rangers," he says of the BMW. "But when I came to trade it in I lost thousands. I learned a lesson then. I will never throw away money like that again. I know of players who have dropped 30 grand on a car when trading it in. Not me. That's just daft."

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could have posted this thought in any of the Coleman, McCarthy, or McGeady threads, but this one will do.

I don't know how much interest there is in EURO 2016 beyond the England team, and the Everton players on it. But I'm interested in the entire competition, and just now in the battle to make the playoff round in Group D between Ireland and Scotland. This has an Everton storyline, as it pits Naismith's hopes against those of the Everton Irish contingent. I'll guess Martinez takes Naismith's side, as Roberto's wife is a Scot.

Although today's results make it appear that Scotland is nearly eliminated, I wonder. For Scotland, 4 points behind Ireland, have much the easier 2 matches remaining. They will surely take 3 points from their away match (Oct. 13) at Gibraltar, giving them 14 to Ireland's current total of 15. So if Scotland defeat Poland at Hampden Park on Oct. 8, and Ireland draw with or lose to Germany that match day, then Ireland would have to take points away to Poland on the final match day.

Although It's still mathematically possible for Ireland to top the group, and while Scotland's only hope is third place and the playoff round, Scotland's prospects are not quite desperate, nor Ireland's safe. Naismith might still beat his Irish teammates. It would help, of course, if Naismith played and scored v. Poland.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I'm pretty convinced that in terms of goals per minutes he is our deadliest striker and I'm pretty certain that he is the only striker we have that consistently scores against the supposed best teams.

The reason for this is he doesn't respect reputation, he works his balls off, he "thinks" about outfoxing the better defender's not just point and run. Above all he is deadly in the box.

£8m may have seemed a lot to reject, I didn't think so. between him and Kone we have two budget players who give us valuable presence up front.

He's probably my favourite player and is a great example to any kids in the game.

• 1 month later...

Ossie is coming back from injury, needs the game time more. That simple I think. Plus today, made more sense to bring on a ball player than a grafter to keep control.

Think today cemented Ossies finished. He's always lacked pace but by god the little he had has gone.

That's the problem with having a big squad. Players aren't going to be happy sitting out but that's the way it is at the moment. When Cleverley comes back they'll be pushed further down the pecking order.

I couldn't agree more mc. I think if anyone needs cut loose it would be him this summer. Still has a lot to give and to a lower table side or newly promoted team he could be their 9 and grind out goals. 8m is quality for him.

I couldn't agree more mc. I think if anyone needs cut loose it would be him this summer. Still has a lot to give and to a lower table side or newly promoted team he could be their 9 and grind out goals. 8m is quality for him.

£8m?! - you serious???

At his peak he was worth around that amount but not now, he will get a free transfer. Probably to somewhere like Wigan.

£8m?! - you serious???

At his peak he was worth around that amount but not now, he will get a free transfer. Probably to somewhere like Wigan.

A newly promoted side offered Gayle 6m in the championship. He surely is better and worth more than him. Norwich Bournemouth type sides he would offer veteran premier league experience and actual talent.