IGNORED

Minutes silence

MC11

I am the first to agree that that day truelly was a tragic event and a lot of innocent lives lost.

On one hand I would never speak I'll of that day and the rememberance of it but on the other hand LFC think it's their Devine right that everyone not to have any negativity on this matter and for everyone to feel as strongly as they still do. They are nothing but hypocritical dick heads.let me tell you about a little European tie a few years back when they played juve. In that game large sections of fans chanted the words 'you shouldn't have run away' whilst laughing. They are scum but we all have to respect any injustice to their club. Let me also add that LFC have been nothing but disgraceful in the fact that they have fed off that tragic day for the past 20 odd years.

We are to asssemble a memorial outside goodison park for the 96 lives lost that day and not so long ago another memorial outside for one of the most iconic footballers ever to stepfoot on a field was vadilised not so long ago with red paint.

The fa have love in with this club at the moment.

Please win on merit and not rememberence.

This being without any disrespect to the 96 and the people who booed should be ashamed of themselves, but lets put certain things I to perspective here.

Edited by Brett Angel

I am the first to agree that that day truelly was a tragic event and a lot of innocent lives lost.

On one hand I would never speak I'll of that day and the rememberance of it but on the other hand LFC think it's their Devine right that everyone not to have any negativity on this matter and for everyone to feel as strongly as they still do. They are nothing but hypocritical dick heads.let me tell you about a little European tie a few years back when they played juve. In that game large sections of fans chanted the words 'you shouldn't have run away' whilst laughing. They are scum but we all have to respect any injustice to their club. Let me also add that LFC have been nothing but disgraceful in the fact that they have fed off that tragic day for the past 20 odd years.

We are to asssemble a memorial outside goodison park for the 96 lives lost that day and not so long ago another memorial outside for one of the most iconic footballers ever to stepfoot on a field was vadilised not so long ago with red paint.

This being without any disrespect to the 96 and the people who booed should be ashamed of themselves, but lets put certain things I to perspective here.

Sorry, but that was uncalled for. 96 people lost their lives, and the team they supported is TOTALLY IMMATERIAL!

Sorry, but that was uncalled for. 96 people lost their lives, and the team they supported is TOTALLY IMMATERIAL!

don't twist my words you prick. I was talking about certain fans and the club. Read it properly, I showed no disrespect to anything surrounding that day and the lives lost. Idiot.

...but on the other hand LFC think it's their Devine right that everyone not to have any negativity on this matter... They are nothing but hypocritical dick heads.let me tell you about a little European tie a few years back when they played juve. In that game large sections of fans chanted the words 'you shouldn't have run away' whilst laughing. They are scum but we all have to respect any injustice to their club. Let me also add that LFC have been nothing but disgraceful in the fact that they have fed off that tragic day for the past 20 odd years.

Not twisting any of your words. I read it properly. Did you or did you not write the above words - using a thread about a minute's silent to call Liverpool fans "scum" and complaining that we're forced, though a minute's silence, to respect "injustice to their club"? And that it's "disgraceful" that they have "fed off" this event for 20 years?

Again, your words were totally uncalled for, and the team involved is TOTALLY IMMATERIAL. If you didn't mean what you wrote, have the guts to say so instead of resorting to name calling.

Yes, and I also mention that I thought it was a disgrace that anybody booed throughout the minutes silence. Isn't that using the title of the thread properly. Anything else was merely an addition. Sorry if everything I say doesn't have it's own thread for me to categorise it.

Yes, you put a disclaimer at the beginning and the end, but it was still very inappropriate to go on about Liverpool scum and dickheads and being forced to show respect to their club. Just imagine if the situation was reversed, that it was Everton fans who had been killed, and that you lost someone from your family. How would you react to someone, in a thread about the minute's silence, ranting on about Everton scum and dickheads and being forced to respect our club. I'm guessing you'd want to beat someone up about it, and I wouldn't blame you. There's a time and place for ranting about Liverpool: In a thread about the minute's silence is not it.

No way would our fans chant etc through out that. We aint like that. Makems are just being cheap.

As for Bretts comments...I get where you are coming from. But maybe be a bit more conservative with the language!!! It was a tragic event, and the cover up that followed was terrible. But it grates me that the other event in Belgium never gets a memorial mention. And sometimes I do feel that the club remember Hillsborough for the wrong reasons. Controversial, but true.

No way would our fans chant etc through out that. We aint like that. Makems are just being cheap.

As for Bretts comments...I get where you are coming from. But maybe be a bit more conservative with the language!!! It was a tragic event, and the cover up that followed was terrible. But it grates me that the other event in Belgium never gets a memorial mention. And sometimes I do feel that the club remember Hillsborough for the wrong reasons. Controversial, but true.

Point taken. I only meant the fact that you can't have an opinion on anything surrounding this incident or people's actions after it. You just have to be quiet and go with them on it. Cornish had just verified this for me.

But that's a discussion for another day - not today.

Yeah I know, I know. And its difficult to express what I mean by it properly here. Its not really a topic for any day, and that may be the issue too. No one can ever speak up about it.

But anyway........JFT96.

Throw the book at those who really did wrong during and in the aftermath.

Point taken. I only meant the fact that you can't have an opinion on anything surrounding this incident or people's actions after it. You just have to be quiet and go with them on it. Cornish had just verified this for me.

Yep. Thats the way we do things in this country, rightly or wrongly.

You disgust me and make me ashamed to be a football fan.

The 96 who died had done nothing wrong, they simply went to watch a game of football and died in the most horrific circumstances. The pain and suffering their friends and families endured is heartbreaking. The cumming together of the city to try and heal the wounds, to expose the lies of that paper and get the new inquest marks the best in people. Idiotic spiteful, shameful views like yours expose you as scum.

What happened in Hysel was a disaster too, but that has nothing, NOTHING to do with this. By making your statement all you do is give sucker to the views that the 96 somehow brought it upon themselves, and that all fans are hooligans.

I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't want too, I just hope you don't have to suffer like the families of the 96 did.

What I do know is your are a vile little little shit, and I dont want the likes of you supporting my team

You disgust me and make me ashamed to be a football fan.

The 96 who died had done nothing wrong, they simply went to watch a game of football and died in the most horrific circumstances. The pain and suffering their friends and families endured is heartbreaking. The cumming together of the city to try and heal the wounds, to expose the lies of that paper and get the new inquest marks the best in people. Idiotic spiteful, shameful views like yours expose you as scum.

What happened in Hysel was a disaster too, but that has nothing, NOTHING to do with this. By making your statement all you do is give sucker to the views that the 96 somehow brought it upon themselves, and that all fans are hooligans.

I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't want too, I just hope you don't have to suffer like the families of the 96 did.

What I do know is your are a vile little little shit, and I dont want the likes of you supporting my team

Haha jesus son calm down. You really are an uneducated person if you got all that from my thread. Remember when you had to read the source and answer questions to it in school. Well, you would have been well and truelly fucked you little pleb.

Don't have a go at me to gain popularity on this forum big fella. You obviously didn't read my thread properly and jumped like a tosser. Didn't disrespect or even bring into the debate anything to do with the innocent people who lost their lives.

I will not allow this to descend into a flame war, nor do I have to justify or prove myself to you.

You have the right to post or say what you like, but you should as Newton stated expect a reaction.

Suffice to say you have proved that Descartes was right but difficult to emulate.

Justice for the 96.

Edited by London Blue

At a community event to pay respects to Brett Angel's mum and sister, killed three years ago when a tree fell on their home.

"It was sad to hear about what happened to them, but you know what? The people who live on that street are scum. Why am I forced to stay silent for a minute to respect that street full of dick-heads? They've been milking this event for years. Someone from that family sprayed paint on our garage door and ran away laughing. The council are just in love with those little plebs."

Do you get it yet? There, but for the grace of God, go I. Or did they not teach you that little phrase in school?

Cornish, I am giving my opinion on something. Please don't bring my mother and sister into this. Whether it be hypothetical or not. My opinion had nothing to do with the victims or their families.

You did sound quite an educated person in some threads but you clearly just thrive on hanging into the please love and accept me bandwagon... Havnt you got another business meeting to attend NONCE!

Brett, seriously mate. I know we haven't seen eye to eye at times but calm down fella. I like you being around here. You bring something different. The way you're going I can see a ban!

Don't come on when you're bladderd mate!

To be honest it's refreshing seeing a little bit off realism on the forum. Sometimes it can be very boring everyone agreeing and patting eachother on the back.

I agree. It is very real. And maybe I can reiterate the point that I'm not into name-calling, and I used the fictitious example of Brett's family in an attempt to bring the issue home to him. For the families of the 96, who live in Liverpool and who are Liverpool supporters, almost certainly to this day, the topic is very personal. That's why we show respect in one minute's silence - to share in some way their pain.

Brett - I have nothing against you personally, just the opinion you espoused. I'm from the era when we stand still and bow our heads when a hearse goes by, when we wear poppies on Remembrance Day, and when petty differences about which team we support (because, in the overall scheme of things, they are petty differences) are not allowed to disrupt a unified and dignified show of respect to others. This is why your words grated and I reacted.

As far as I'm concerned, I have nothing more to contribute to this thread.