IGNORED

Minutes silence

MC11

I agree. It is very real. And maybe I can reiterate the point that I'm not into name-calling, and I used the fictitious example of Brett's family in an attempt to bring the issue home to him. For the families of the 96, who live in Liverpool and who are Liverpool supporters, almost certainly to this day, the topic is very personal. That's why we show respect in one minute's silence - to share in some way their pain.

Brett - I have nothing against you personally, just the opinion you espoused. I'm from the era when we stand still and bow our heads when a hearse goes by, when we wear poppies on Remembrance Day, and when petty differences about which team we support (because, in the overall scheme of things, they are petty differences) are not allowed to disrupt a unified and dignified show of respect to others. This is why your words grated and I reacted.

As far as I'm concerned, I have nothing more to contribute to this thread.

Didn't mean to get anyone's back up with what I put. I still stand by the fact that my view was solely down to the indifferences liverpool fans see as a tragedy and it was their own fault (juve Fans) .... that to me is inconceivable. JFT96.............and yes Cornish, I accept your apology :-) maybe should have worded it better though.

Edited by Brett Angel

and yes Cornish, I accept your apology :-) maybe should have worded it better though.

OK - I lied. My previous post was not my last in the thread: This one is.

I'll assume your statement is a poor attempt at humour, because, if you reread what I wrote, you'll see there is no apology. My only apology is to the families who lost loved ones at Hillsborough for the fact that some choose to ignore the importance of just one minute's silence.

My final post on this thread is this :-

Dickheads exist. They wear the same colours, they wear the opposite colours, they work in the police, they work in parliament, they are everywhere.

They are standing next to you in games, the converse with you in pubs, they pull you up for speeding

Being an Everton fan or any other fan doesn't give you a "brand".... I was in the gwladys street and an old arse member of the "snorty 40's" no doubt tried to elbow me in the jaw on the way to the toilets... That horrible day 25 years ago the very same idiots we mix with existed, not in a concentrated level - probably the opposite, a nice level. The same percentage that Plymouth, reading or whoever else have fans "suffer".

The "fans" that day were let down. I was a fan hanging off the terrace in 1985 as a 9 year old against QPR, a lovely policeman told me to "get back down there" as I held on trying to avoid the waves I could feel against my back on the lower bullens.

Let no fan forget the price paid by those poor souls and their families of the incompetence of the authorities. It's the very reason that we watch the game in comfort now, who knows what other disasters were avoided since that day.

Back to my first point... Let's all show the world what good individuals we are, dont be a dickhead.

Edited by Hafnia

Move the last 2 posts to the Kopite thread I think... can't be doing with this turning into a "minutes silence and look what they did" - the people who did that aren't fans , just idiots. Not that they aren't relevant posts - they are.

Apparently Chelsea fans boo'ed right through the minutes silence.

Edited by Hafnia

Move the last 2 posts to the Kopite thread I think... can't be doing with this turning into a "minutes silence and look what they did" - the people who did that aren't fans , just idiots. Not that they aren't relevant posts - they are.

Apparently Chelsea fans boo'ed right through the minutes silence.

Done.