IGNORED

Joe Royle

Remember speaking to him after that 1-6 thrashing by arsenal and he stayed over to talk to fans outside.

Really good guy and smart too.

I remember him putting it into perspective by saying Arsenal could do that to anyone on their day. Move on it won't happen again.

• 3 years later...

Joe Royle: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Club over the last few years and, in particular, the opportunity to work so closely with David Unsworth. I’ve been hugely impressed with the way in which he has developed his players”

“While it just feels like the right time for me to take a break, I’ll still be around the place. I’ve been coming to Goodison for more than 60 years and I’m not going to stop now. I’ve always been an Evertonian and I will always be an Evertonian.”

Joe Royle: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Club over the last few years and, in particular, the opportunity to work so closely with David Unsworth. I’ve been hugely impressed with the way in which he has developed his players”
“While it just feels like the right time for me to take a break, I’ll still be around the place. I’ve been coming to Goodison for more than 60 years and I’m not going to stop now. I’ve always been an Evertonian and I will always be an Evertonian.”
Pure class. I like how he recognizes Unsworth. He really has done a great job developing young players.

• 10 months later...