IGNORED

Alex Song

Do we need another holding mid? Methinks no. Especially at the price we would have to pay for him.

If you use him as a holding midfielder, you wouldn't really be using him to the best of his abilities. He's much better going forward than he is defensively. I'd be very excited if we could get him in a box-to-box role next to a holding midfielder like McCarthy or Barry.

Guest blueboy122

He was brilliant at aArsenal, can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a player of his quality at the club, so what if he give some bellend a dig at the World Cup, probably knocked a few mil off his fee

Exactly he was one of the best midfielders in the league when he was over in England

• 1 month later...

If Utd or someone willing to pay £25m for McCarthy then we should buy Song and use the rest for an attacking midfielder like Kagawa or another top striker.

We would have a better team overall. Would prefer them all but I believe we would have to sell now to improve the team significantly as most of our cash must be gone.

If Utd or someone willing to pay £25m for McCarthy then we should buy Song and use the rest for an attacking midfielder like Kagawa or another top striker.

We would have a better team overall. Would prefer them all but I believe we would have to sell now to improve the team significantly as most of our cash must be gone.

I wouldnt sell McCarthy for 50m, and Im not joking.

I wouldnt sell McCarthy for 50m, and Im not joking.

Id sell any of our players at 50m, Barkley included. But only if i knew that the money would be invested directly in 4-6 new players.

Who at Everton is seriously worth 50m? Barkley might touch on it in a year or two if he keeps developing.

Im a huge fan of McCarthy but he is not worth 50m. (and replacing him with 4-6 players worth 8-12m would be a great piece of business imo.

Id sell any of our players at 50m, Barkley included. But only if i knew that the money would be invested directly in 4-6 new players.

Who at Everton is seriously worth 50m? Barkley might touch on it in a year or two if he keeps developing.

Im a huge fan of McCarthy but he is not worth 50m. (and replacing him with 4-6 players worth 8-12m would be a great piece of business imo.

There is only one problem with that. One players wages leaves and 4-6 new players wages go on the books. It's easy saying sell him for 50 million now go and buy 5 players for 10 million to replace him. Even if that player was on 50k a week and you brought 5 players in on 30k a week that is 150k a week so 100k a week more than you were previously playing times that per year then by 5 years and the figures will astound you.

Let's be honest the only player in our side worth that type of money is Barkley. If a bid of £30-£35m came in for McCarthy I'd take it all day long.