IGNORED

Chelsea (H)

djsunyc

2 brain farts in the first 3 minutes, what was Jags trying to do when the ball was passed to costa? Baines tried to place player offside on the second which succeeded but was missed by linesman. McCarthy and Barry were not on the pitch for the first 5 minutes but both have played really well since. Especially Barry has been really good. So has Mirallas and McGeady. Coleman and Naismith having a good game too.

Lukaku has been poor but not to the extent that Brett Angel is correct :P

Jags needs to sit a few games out, Baines needs to pick his game up.

Guest rusty747

Lets hope we dont run out of legs in the last 15 as this lot will rip us a new one if we do. Roberto needs to be very canny with his subs. First up he needs to get inside Jags head and see if his confidence is shot. If it is, Stones straight on. Then he needs to watch for signs of tiredness and make changes immediately we drop the pace. Then if we run out of steam we at least gave it a bloody good go.

Edited by rusty747

I called this over 12 months ago when I said Jags shouldn't be captain, questionable that he should start. If it weren't for him this game would have a completely different feel.

Add to that, Howard should be off, Mirallas should've been booked.

However, our response has been fantastic. Lukaku has been feeding on scraps but showed glimpses, McGeady causing trouble, Coleman great going forward and keeping Hazard quiet so far.

Livid, but we've given ourselves a chance, thanks to McGeady, Coleman and Kev

We need Lukaku to rise up and over the chants from Chelsea fans.

He's not been involved much. Either that or bring on......Eto'o!

He hasn't had a lot of clean ball, and has done okay, let's not forget he's up against 2 quality CB's. His header off the corner was a rocket we just need a bit of luck. Games set up well for him knick one and Eto to win it

He hasn't had a lot of clean ball, and has done okay, let's not forget he's up against 2 quality CB's. His header off the corner was a rocket we just need a bit of luck. Games set up well for him knick one and Eto to win it

He's done okay (his touch has been fine today imo, though I saw some criticisms in here earlier), but we should expect more than okay from someone that's gonna cost us £28m.

Yep and for 28million I expect him to give them hell.

He's done okay (his touch has been fine today imo, though I saw some criticisms in here earlier), but we should expect more than okay from someone that's gonna cost us £28m.

I understand that, but Barkley often throws a wildly loose pass each game and makes terrible decisions on occasions and look at the price we expect for him and IF he moved on the fans would say the same about him! I agree needs to be better, and it will become better, he is still learning his game :)

Shows the character in the team that we didn't fold after those three minutes.

Jonathan Pearce, BBC Match of the Day commentator at Goodison ParkHALF-TIME - Everton 1-2 Chelsea

"That is one of the best first halves of football I have seen in a long time. If the second half lives up to the first we will have some game here."

:COYBs[1]::COYBs[1]::COYBs[1]: