IGNORED

Joel Campbell

How would a loan devalue him?

because everyone in the world is watching him now, so he has the most exposure and the most eyes on him. the WC inflates values like crazy, and i think they would get the most money now for him.

say he goes on loan and scores 12 goals, he just becomes an average striker and no one will think twice about him. but now? he's on top of the world.

because everyone in the world is watching him now, so he has the most exposure and the most eyes on him. the WC inflates values like crazy, and i think they would get the most money now for him.

say he goes on loan and scores 12 goals, he just becomes an average striker and no one will think twice about him. but now? he's on top of the world.

He hasn't kicked a ball in the Premiership yet. What if he was to go on loan to Everton and score 30 goals would his value still decrease?

• 4 months later...
Guest blueboy122

I thought he had one very good game at the WC when people didn't know much about him, but after that game teams were wise to him and he was fairly anonymous.

Agreed. He did enough for people to hear of him and earn a move to a good club but he isn't good enough for here.

7m yes please. that''s vic anichebe money and with the pace campbell has, he could play wing opposite mirallas and on the counter attack those 2 would be lethal. not much money, he's still young and talented, and unlike the fellas above here i thought he had a great overall world cup. i watched a lot of costa rica and was really impressed. sign him up bobby.

which move are you referring to?

I think he thought he moved from Olympiokos to arsenal. He was on loan in Greece, he's always been a gunner. But in a way blueboy is correct. He has been loaned out for the past 3 years and never seen time for arsenal and his World Cup made them keep him (albeit he is on the bench and I don't think he's seen any action) instead of loaning him out again.

Side note - we have his national teammate Oviedo which would make the switch easier. In loving this rumor more and more.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I agree with everyone else, he had a good WC but that doesn't mean we should get him. Enner Valencia had a good WC but I don't exactly rate him either. Arsenal should send him out on loan to another premier league club to see how he does first.

Go look at some Valencia highlights, he's tearing it up for west ham. That's why their position is so high, he's a player.

Go look at some Valencia highlights, he's tearing it up for west ham. That's why their position is so high, he's a player.

I was going to say that I've been impressed with Valencia - Sakho's got most of the plaudits but Valencia looks a very good player for the Prem.

Hopefully he's shite on Sat though!

thats exactly what highlights do, show the best bits. Unless there's a WHam fan about to share their input, we're just guessing on the best bits

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with everyone else, he had a good WC but that doesn't mean we should get him. Enner Valencia had a good WC but I don't exactly rate him either. Arsenal should send him out on loan to another premier league club to see how he does first.

I disagree with you about Valencia. Look at how well West Ham is placed in the table right now. Sitting pretty in 5th with 24 points from 14 games. Can't put it all on Valencia (only 3 goals in 11 appearances), but from the little I've seen of him in the Prem he's playing pretty well. He's a striker who moved from the Mexican league to the Premiership. Gonna definitely take some adjustment before he starts banging in goals.

I'm a big fan of Joel Campbell. I thought he played lights out in the home leg against Man Utd in the Champions Leage knockout stage last season...fully deserved the goal he got. For the price being tossed around here, I'd go for him. Hope BK and RM agree. Incredible pace and an eye for goal with a lot of potential. Be nice to see him get a couple games for Arsenal to see how he handles the big boys in the Prem League.

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't worry me, Arsene has never fancied him. Sent him on loan to every team other than arsenal and only till he tore the World Cup apart did he realize he couldn't loan him anymore.

Wenger loves glass wilshere, Nacho can't defend Monreal, wojech, yaya Ligue 2 sanogo, and countless others. I'm not sold on his talent appraisals.

Doesn't worry me, Arsene has never fancied him. Sent him on loan to every team other than arsenal and only till he tore the World Cup apart did he realize he couldn't loan him anymore.

Wenger loves glass wilshere, Nacho can't defend Monreal, wojech, yaya Ligue 2 sanogo, and countless others. I'm not sold on his talent appraisals.

He had to loan him out, he wasn't eligible for a work permit.

I don't think he's good enough myself, would prefer us to look elsewhere if possible. If it's not then use Campbell as a fall back.