IGNORED

Hull City (h)

Guest rusty747

That's it. Better wim the Europa cause we ate fucked in the league now. Everyone is onto us. Stop Baines and Coleman overlapping and were shit. Osman finished, distin finished Howard shit......lukaku actually had a good game. We need to kill games off in first half cause we don't come out for the second. The league was there to be had top four this season.

2nd time in on thread I'm agreeing with you, is the world ending?

Players need to take responsibility as well though. Yes, Roberto tells them how to play but he doesn't tell Pienaar 'overhit your pass when you're in a promising position'. Pienaar was dreadful when he came on. What was that corner from Barkley in the end? My god. At least get it over the front man. Shocking. I hold the players responsible for this draw, not Martinez.

Players need to take responsibility as well though. Yes, Roberto tells them how to play but he doesn't tell Pienaar 'overhit your pass when you're in a promising position'. Pienaar was dreadful when he came on. What was that corner from Barkley in the end? My god. At least get it over the front man. Shocking. I hold the players responsible for this draw, not Martinez.

But he did put Pienaar on the field when he has been out of form/shite all season. I'm not at the game but if I'm a manager, I am screaming at my players those last 15 minutes to push up and get the ball forward (don't know if RM was doing this or not just putting it out there). We had one unused sub too, get someone that is playing without any urgency out of the game and put someone that has passion/hunger on. Not saying RM is to take all of the blame but you can't say he did nothing wrong.

Guest millwallforever

Players who fail to deliver must be benched. Martinez appears too lenient if you ask me. And there are others, such as Pienaar, who should never be utilised in the first place. Howard failed to cover his corner; he is even more culpable than Distin for their goal. Yes, defenders are beaten at times; once that happens, it is the responibility of the goalkeeper to save our arses. Ship him off!

Edited by millwallforever

But he did put Pienaar on the field when he has been out of form/shite all season. I'm not at the game but if I'm a manager, I am screaming at my players those last 15 minutes to push up and get the ball forward (don't know if RM was doing this or not just putting it out there). We had one unused sub too, get someone that is playing without any urgency out of the game and put someone that has passion/hunger on. Not saying RM is to take all of the blame but you can't say he did nothing wrong.

Didn't say he did nothing wrong, I'm saying it was the players blame we drew that game. It was a strange one putting Pienaar on when we had Eto'o and even Atsu on there who could offer more.

Didn't say he did nothing wrong, I'm saying it was the players blame we drew that game. It was a strange one putting Pienaar on when we had Eto'o and even Atsu on there who could offer more.

Fair enough, my mistake for misunderstanding you. I'm just pretty livid right now and nitpicking things to take out some frustration on. I guess I should do that on the work that I have to do for tomorrow instead :rofl:

+3 followers. Is this what Jesus felt like.

Still only 6 points off fourth. No need to panic just yet. Plenty of points to play for. Agree on Distin and Howard though. In a one on one situation I never fancy Howard, always seems to position himself in a stupid way. A top keeper would have stopped that tonight at his near post. This is Distin's last season as well. Age has finally caught up with him. Just another frustrating performance. Very good 1st half. Shocking second half. Never seem to get a good run of games together. Interesting to hear Martinez's interview now.

Half think this might be the problem. RM being too positive and soft. We're not hard enough, no edge to us except for Besic and we don't finish teams off. We should have put them to the sword in the last 20 minutes of the first half, but instead let them off then slept through the second half.

Guest millwallforever

To be honest, I think most of us were anticipating a difficult second season for Martinez.

It's getting very repetitive. RM needs to stop pretending and find the Everton way.

Guest millwallforever

And now the doomsayers are issuing forth like termites out of the rotting woodwork. Toffeetalk has at least a dozen self-proclaimed prophets.

I stand by Martinez. He is the best man for this job. And he is still building.

I think it was only me and Paddock who were concerned by Martinez. Guarantee more fans will be questioning him now.

His substitutions have become more & more bizarre. He has no plan B when it's quite evident everyone in England is onto us.

And now the doomsayers are issuing forth like termites out of the rotting woodwork. Toffeetalk has at least a dozen self-proclaimed prophets.

I stand by Martinez. He is the best man for this job. And he is still building.

4 league wins out of 14 - enough said.

I've reached the point where I dread watching us play. There's nothing to get excited about, no entertainment. It's almost torture tbh.

Martinez is confusing me more with each game. Why was Eto'o on the bench when he must've been injured? He didn't warm up once during the game. Why did Pienaar come on? Why did Osman stay on? It's also funny that when our CM partnership is Barry/McCarthy he subs neither one if we're chasing a game, but tonight he subs Besic who grew into the game brilliantly after a very dodgy start. Playing favourites me thinks; sounds quite familiar...

Distin's been great for us since he signed but I'm looking forward to his contract running out now and him leaving. Liability.

So, so disappointed.

RM says in post-match interview that he's "incredibly proud" of how the team played. Amazing. I'd like Distin to say something like, "The manager is standing up for us, but the Hull goal is down to me, period."

Second half, a strange combo of overconfidence and panic. Way more daft than deft passes. Just utterly daft.

Pienaar and Osman may have been fluid enough in years past, but now they are not physically strong enough to hold off opponents.

I appreciate the energy and promise shown by Besic, Barkley, and Lukaku. Mirallas, too, at times, though the chip attempt seemed foolish, as it usually does when it (usually) doesn't work.

I've reached the point where I dread watching us play. There's nothing to get excited about, no entertainment. It's almost torture tbh.

Martinez is confusing me more with each game. Why was Eto'o on the bench when he must've been injured? He didn't warm up once during the game. Why did Pienaar come on? Why did Osman stay on? It's also funny that when our CM partnership is Barry/McCarthy he subs neither one if we're chasing a game, but tonight he subs Besic who grew into the game brilliantly after a very dodgy start. Playing favourites me thinks; sounds quite familiar...

Distin's been great for us since he signed but I'm looking forward to his contract running out now and him leaving. Liability.

So, so disappointed.

My biggest worry is the complete lack of spark up top. Mirallas is basically doing it all on his own. Lukaku is isolated it's unbelievable.

We just can't break anyone down.... Then we resort to passing it continuously between the back 4. I blame no-one else but Martinez.

My biggest worry is the complete lack of spark up top. Mirallas is basically doing it all on his own. Lukaku is isolated it's unbelievable.

We just can't break anyone down.... Then we resort to passing it continuously between the back 4. I blame no-one else but Martinez.

I agree 100%.

I wish we could blame Lukaku for our pitiful play, but we're just not creating anything for him (or anyone else). I'm actually feeling sorry for the bloke. And Mirallas, like you said, because everything's on his shoulders and he can't do it on his own.

Sterile. That's what our play is. We need a spark, and we need it fast. It's not going to happen while Martinez keeps sticking his head in the sand and polishing a turd after every game.

I totally understand not ripping into the players in the media, that's not what he should do, but he's telling blatant lies. Does he think we, as fans, are that stupid to fall for it? Does he think it actually helps?

Guest millwallforever

I stopped listening to him long ago. The way I see it, he is doing his utmost to make a certain way of playing a second nature to us - we are yet to get there.

What often lets us down is lack of cynicism at crucial moments. At this point in time we are a caricature of Chelsea, but I see many similiarities between the two teams.

For my own sanity I don't bother with his post-match interviews when we lose. He's full of shit.

Guest millwallforever

"Overall, I'm very disappointed because I think our first-half performance was good enough to get the three points."

"The second half was difficult for us and we did not have the energy to be ourselves."

"The two halves were very different. I thought we were fantastic in the first half - we showed a real bravery."

"I think Hull made it very difficult for us to gain momentum, but that is a compliment and we need to learn from it."