IGNORED

Manchester City (A)

Guest millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

The way things are going, it would appear that Aguero will be having a field day against us. I haven't watched our away games against Chelsea and Manchester City in ages; I have an irrational fear of the two mentioned teams. That being said, our away record against City is not too bad.

I don't think we'll get massacred, but I expect nothing at all from this game.

Howard

Hibbert, jagielka, distin, Baines

McCarthy Besic Barry

Mirallas, Barkley

Lukaku

The reasoning behind this is I think hibbert is a much more accomplished defender than Coleman of late. And I didn't think I'd be saying that at the beginning of the season.

I feel three holding midfielders are warranted for how exposed we have been of late. Especially at city. Yet we can still catch them in the break with three blistering payers up top. If we do get ahead we are better set up with notmuch to change with three holding midfielders.

I would stick besic on toure and frustrate him.

I know it looks defensive minded but if we keep them quiet for the first twenty minutes, there's every chance......isn't there?

Edited by Brett Angel

Guest millwallforever

City's movement against Sunderland was simply breathtaking; Touré is only part of the problem.

We could

of course try to sink lower than the worms and do our utmost to get a couple of City players sent off. Nasri has a short fuse; hurl a few insults at his family, and he will snap. Then there is going to be a Balkan battle between Besic and Jovetic.

Yes, let's be crooks.

Edited by millwallforever

I'm teally not lookking forward to going to this game. You have no idea the grief I've gone through to get to this match from juggling work round to re-organising a day out with the kids. I finish work at 2, I have to be home get my boy and to the coach for 2:30, I've had to have a car left spare incase I miss the coach (which is a real possibility if I'm delayed in work) and also I'm supposed to be at a surprise birthday party for 7:30pm which I wont make on time and has gone down like a lead baloon with my wife.

All this to more than likely watch us get ripped apart not to mention the £200 round trip (tickets, coach and spends) it's cost me.

The things you do for love eh!

Howard

McCarthy Besic Barry

Mirallas, Barkley

Lukaku

The reasoning behind this is I think hibbert is a much more accomplished defender than Coleman of late. And I didn't think I'd be saying that at the beginning of the season.

I feel three holding midfielders are warranted for how exposed we have been of late. Especially at city. Yet we can still catch them in the break with three blistering payers up top. If we do get ahead we are better set up with notmuch to change with three holding midfielders.

I know it looks defensive minded but if we keep them quiet for the first twenty minutes, there's every chance......isn't there?

Hi Davey, how's your Spanish getting on?

I'm teally not lookking forward to going to this game. You have no idea the grief I've gone through to get to this match from juggling work round to re-organising a day out with the kids. I finish work at 2, I have to be home get my boy and to the coach for 2:30, I've had to have a car left spare incase I miss the coach (which is a real possibility if I'm delayed in work) and also I'm supposed to be at a surprise birthday party for 7:30pm which I wont make on time and has gone down like a lead baloon with my wife.

All this to more than likely watch us get ripped apart not to mention the £200 round trip (tickets, coach and spends) it's cost me.

The things you do for love eh!

Oh the violins.... Think about all those poor sods with no radio or internet, no roof over their head

Oh the violins.... Think about all those poor sods with no radio or internet, no roof over their head

What are you waffling about now? I'm not after violins, I have a choice, I'm also lucky enough to be able to do stuff like that. If I want I can sell my tickets (I actually do want to but my lad would be devastated)

It was more a post to highlight the fact that no matter how much you are pissed off with them, no matter how badly furious you are and even though you are almost certain you are gonna get twatted you still go. In what other planst would you do that with all those factors. Only the love of a sports fan makes someone do something as stupid as that.

You should come anyway MC, I can get you a ticket no problem. ;)

Oh and edit. In this day and age and in our society thereis absolutely no excuse for someone not o have a roof over their head.

Or internet for that matter (that bits a joke mr literal)

Edited by Paddock

What are you waffling about now? I'm not after violins, I have a choice, I'm also lucky enough to be able to do stuff like that. If I want I can sell my tickets (I actually do want to but my lad would be devastated)

It was more a post to highlight the fact that no matter how much you are pissed off with them, no matter how badly furious you are and even though you are almost certain you are gonna get twatted you still go. In what other planst would you do that with all those factors. Only the love of a sports fan makes someone do something as stupid as that.

You should come anyway MC, I can get you a ticket no problem. ;)

We will beat City at the weekend.

I'm just guna watch this one at home matey!!

I don't get you. We go attacking and get stuffed you'll turn around and say we are defensively naive. You can't go toe to toe with the likes of city. You need to paly it smart.....sorry I've lost you already havnt I. Just get back in your shell u turtle.

Like taking a knife to a gun fight?

Put the handbags away you two.

I think we do have to play a different game on Saturday. If we try and play football with them they will rip us a new arsehole.

City don't like it when you get at them and have it with them. Any pretty pissy arsed passing football and we'll be swiftly dispatched and slapped back down the Lancs with our tails between our legs.

A more defensive cautious approach for me. Try and hit them on the break and use Lukaku with his front to goal let him bomb at them.

Defensively they aren't great.

My poor boys torn between logging Aguero in his fantasy footy team because he doesn't want to play him against us. The important things in life eh :lol:

Put the handbags away you two.

I think we do have to play a different game on Saturday. If we try and play football with them they will rip us a new arsehole.

City don't like it when you get at them and have it with them. Any pretty pissy arsed passing football and we'll be swiftly dispatched and slapped back down the Lancs with our tails between our legs.

A more defensive cautious approach for me. Try and hit them on the break and use Lukaku with his front to goal let him bomb at them.

Defensively they aren't great.

My poor boys torn between logging Aguero in his fantasy footy team because he doesn't want to play him against us. The important things in life eh :lol:

So that's +4 then.

Guest millwallforever

Impossible, I'm afraid. We would need a goalkeeper capable of winning games singlehandedly. We don't have that. They'll beat us with ease. Might as well prepare yourself mentally.

in true everton fashion after playing horribly against the worst teams in the league we will win this match convincingly just to confuse supporters even more.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Besic Barry

Mirallas Naismith Osman

Lukaku

Subs - Eto'o, Barkley, Atsu

Howard

McCarthy Besic Barry

Mirallas, Barkley

Lukaku

I agree with you that Hibbert has looked a better defender than Coleman as of late, but how can you play him against such a pacey side like City? It forces us to sit back and let the likes of Clichy, Silva, Aguero and Nasri swap ripping us to shreds down our right flank. Need to play Coleman and get him pushing forward to force Clichy to stay back and defend. Can't match the pace City has all over the pitch, so we have to do our best to counter and negate it. Press them high up the pitch and give them a short field to work with.

Timmy Howard is going to have to be at his absolute best in order for us to get a chance at even 1 point. You know they're gonna fire off at least 10 quality shots on goal

Impossible, I'm afraid. We would need a goalkeeper capable of winning games singlehandedly. We don't have that. They'll beat us with ease. Might as well prepare yourself mentally.

Bullshit. We do have a keeper of that quality...just not in form at the moment. If Chris Wondolowski could hit a sitter, US would've beaten Belgium in that World Cup match. SINGLEHANDEDLY because of Tim Howard.

He just needs to find his form again...hopefully this nonsense with Brad Friedel will fire him up and get him in top shape once more

I agree with you that Hibbert has looked a better defender than Coleman as of late, but how can you play him against such a pacey side like City? It forces us to sit back and let the likes of Clichy, Silva, Aguero and Nasri swap ripping us to shreds down our right flank. Need to play Coleman and get him pushing forward to force Clichy to stay back and defend. Can't match the pace City has all over the pitch, so we have to do our best to counter and negate it. Press them high up the pitch and give them a short field to work with.

Timmy Howard is going to have to be at his absolute best in order for us to get a chance at even 1 point. You know they're gonna fire off at least 10 quality shots on goal

The reason iI say this is because Coleman doesn't get forward against any top side away from home anyhow. So I'd rather have someone defensively capable of holding out. The most accomplished defending against a team this year was Wolfsburg away. Involving hibbert.

I think this is going to be a really close game... City are lacking fire power this season so with their little Argentine lacking confidence in front of goal, put up against jags and distin (our rock) then I can see yet another clean sheet on the cards.

I think if we play to our strengths and pass it around at the back for 85 mins this would really intimidate City and really show them we are going there for the win.

After the past few weeks and some of the performances we have put in we have nothing to fear.... It's only city

Guest millwallforever

Seeing where you are located, your opinion on Howard doesn't count for much. And it wasn't Howard who played well; it was the Belgian finishing that was poor. Howard is shite and should be removed from the team with immediate effect.

Bullshit. We do have a keeper of that quality...just not in form at the moment. If Chris Wondolowski could hit a sitter, US would've beaten Belgium in that World Cup match. SINGLEHANDEDLY because of Tim Howard.

He just needs to find his form again...hopefully this nonsense with Brad Friedel will fire him up and get him in top shape once more

Guest millwallforever

City are the second highest scoring team in the EPL, so your conclusion that they are lacking firepower is wide off the mark. Also your suggestion that the little Argentine is lacking confidence in front of goal indicates that you have you no idea what you are talking about: Aguero is a player on fire who has been scoring at will of late.

I think this is going to be a really close game... City are lacking fire power this season so with their little Argentine lacking confidence in front of goal, put up against jags and distin (our rock) then I can see yet another clean sheet on the cards.

I think if we play to our strengths and pass it around at the back for 85 mins this would really intimidate City and really show them we are going there for the win.

After the past few weeks and some of the performances we have put in we have nothing to fear.... It's only city

City are the second highest scoring team in the EPL, so your conclusion that they are lacking firepower is wide off the mark. Also your suggestion that the little Argentine is lacking confidence in front of goal indicates that you have you no idea what you are talking about: Aguero is a player on fire who has been scoring at will of late.

Surely you realise he was taking the piss?!

Guest rusty747

Current form says we will get ripped a new one but this is Everton so a 0-1 away win is probably on the cards.

I hear that Jimmy Mac and Nais and Gibbo are still not fit and, given Disin's abberation against Hull, I would start:

Howard or Robles (Would understand if Tim is dropped)

Hibbert (better defensively than Coleman) Jags, Alcaraz (if fit) Baines

Besic. Barkley Barry

Mirallas. Mcgeady

Lukaku

A fluid 4-3-2-1 formation. Barkley sits deep but has licence to run with the ball while Besic and Barry cover his back. Mirallas and Mcgeady bombing forward out wide and also helping out defensively. Bog Rom up front. That should make life a bit easier for the back four. They can look for the short ball out to Ross or hit Rom with a long ball.

Still think we will get twatted though.