IGNORED

Manchester City (A)

Guest millwallforever

.... and distin (our rock)

In the absence of Stones and Alcaraz, we can only desperately hope that Distin regains some semblance of his rock-solid play of previous seasons.

As I joined this forum only a few months back, I've no sense of whether milesey05's rock-ref is aimed at those who might have over-praised Distin previously, but in any case the cynical sarcasm of this description is ...... just hilarious.

Footballers are dead stupid. And football fanatics, when aggrieved, are dead cruel. Just now, we are aggrieved, mightily.

I should be ashamed to laugh at milesey05's bon mot. And I am very ashamed. Because I am laughing.

Beeb:-

Everton are set to have defender Antolin Alcaraz back available for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

Alcaraz is poised to return to action after missing six games in all competitions due to a shoulder problem.

Toffees boss Roberto Martinez does not expect Steven Naismith, James McCarthy (both hamstring) or Darron Gibson (knee) to be ready to make their comebacks this weekend, but Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo may feature as their return to fitness continues.

Provisional squad: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Garbutt, McGeady, Barry, Barkley, Osman, Mirallas, Lukaku, Robles, Hibbert, Pienaar, Besic, Atsu, Eto'o, Alcaraz, Kone, Oviedo.

So, to round up those headlines from Manuel Pellegrini's news conference, striker Edin Dzeko and left-back Aleksandar Kolarov could both return against Everton after overcoming calf injuries.

Captain Vincent Kompany (hamstring) and playmaker David Silva (knee) remain on the sidelines while striker Stevan Jovetic is rested as a precaution after suffering a knock in the midweek win at Sunderland.

There are no concerns about midfielder Yaya Toure although he missed training on Friday due to a sore throat.

Provisional squad: Hart, Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Boyata, Clichy, Kolarov, Navas, Milner, Nasri, Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, Lampard, Aguero, Dzeko, Pozo.

Accurate predictions are worth something, but if there's no hope, what's the point?

Maybe fresh legs to start the second half are what's needed.

Martinez plays Distin and Osman in the first half, Hibbert and Barkley after the intermission.

Eto'o if Mirallas tires.

Heh, what the hell do I know? Pond-crossed newbie.

Carry on.

City are the second highest scoring team in the EPL, so your conclusion that they are lacking firepower is wide off the mark. Also your suggestion that the little Argentine is lacking confidence in front of goal indicates that you have you no idea what you are talking about: Aguero is a player on fire who has been scoring at will of late.

Glad you didn't bite too much then.

Guest millwallforever

City might be concentrating too hard on their coming task in Rome.

The Chelsea result this morning hasn't done is any favours, I can see us getting a hiding here :-(