IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

I can comment on the game comments/bbc commentery and also what I saw at the end of the Hull game. I'm not saying the interview didn't seem downbeat, not arguing that, I'm just saying that the reasons they might be down would on the face of it be different or for other reasons than the ones you are suggesting.

It surprises me a little with Jags but I have seen Rom interviewed post game before and he is a bit like that. Similar to Ross but in better English ;)

Has anyone thought that Jags felt like he had to act that way due to his own performance

Has anyone thought that Jags felt like he had to act that way due to his own performance

That would be my thinking because he really was terrible.

Lukaku was probably down because he should've put another couple away tonight. He certainly didn't look down when he was urging the Gwladys Street on after he'd scored and we were pressing for a winner.

100%. Wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't ill, we're screwed for CBs so he had to play but he wasn't himself by a long way.Unwell+ totally shagged out would male him downbeat; Rom was his usual self.

Guest rusty747

If Distin is not fit for Man C then Jags had better give his head a wobble as he and Stones are the only fit cbs we have, apart from Browning who have first team experience.

Edited by rusty747

If Distin is not fit for Man C then Jags had better give his head a wobble as he and Stones are the only fit cbs we have, apart from Browning who have first team experience.

And Browning hasn't played CB at senior level. If his U21 game against Sunderland is anything to go by you wouldn't think he'd played there at that level either... :/

So pleased with the overall performance tonight. It wasn't where we were last season but there's so much to take from this game and build on, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for our previous few games.

There was a lot more desire shown by our players and if we'd got that equaliser even 5 minutes earlier I think we'd have gone on to win the game.

We were the better side and should've gone through tonight.

The only downers were how shite we are at defending corners and that ridiculous substitution at the end

not doubting his potential mate, just getting fed up with his showboating with no end product.

I hate this "I don't mind him making mistakes", "he's a footballing diamond". He has no pressure to learn from his mistakes and he's not learning. That's probably the most annoying thing - he knows he's a starter

Quick mention to Joel who kept us in the game. Can't blame him for the first but he made a vital save which BT sport quickly glossed over

others on here call that showboating as well. i really don't believe it is. he's just trying to make a play and moving the ball around. i doubt he's thinking "mirallas is open, but my woman is gonna think i'm slick if i just do this".

others on here call that showboating as well. i really don't believe it is. he's just trying to make a play and moving the ball around. i doubt he's thinking "mirallas is open, but my woman is gonna think i'm slick if i just do this".

No pal, a good player knows

No mate, a good player knows when to keep it and when to release it. He doesn't

I can comment on the game comments/bbc commentery and also what I saw at the end of the Hull game. I'm not saying the interview didn't seem downbeat, not arguing that, I'm just saying that the reasons they might be down would on the face of it be different or for other reasons than the ones you are suggesting.

It surprises me a little with Jags but I have seen Rom interviewed post game before and he is a bit like that. Similar to Ross but in better English ;)

Honestly, you do my nut. There's a few of you on here who seem to think there's never anything wrong behind closed doors. There's always an explanation against there being anything else but low moral in the dressing room. Watch the interview it was obvious both players couldn't be arsed.

No pal, a good player knows

No mate, a good player knows when to keep it and when to release it. He doesn't

He played a couple of cracking through balls tonight, esp to Rom.

His passing on the whole was dynamic and drove us forward.

He made a couple of mistakes, but he is only human.

In 2 years time he will be our SG

I only caught the last 10 minutes of the game. It looked cagey there at the end. I liked the link up play between McGeady and Oviedo on the left hand side. I guess Martinez gave him instruction to overload on that side and it worked because I think the goal came in. Oviedo is a real talent. Im glad he is back :happy:

Until we went behind we were second to the ball and when we had it we needed too many touches before passing the ball back. Only Robles wanted the ball up the pitch. BUT having a goalie hoof the ball upfield was not too successful.

I feel it only shows a bad lack of morale in the team.

Towards the end they showed a little more of what they were capable of and I think the goal was richly deserved on the work put in over the last quarter of an hour. I hope this goes a long way to improving morale and to playing as we know they can play.

Honestly, you do my nut. There's a few of you on here who seem to think there's never anything wrong behind closed doors. There's always an explanation against there being anything else but low moral in the dressing room. Watch the interview it was obvious both players couldn't be arsed.

It was obvious they couldn't be arsed to do the interview....from that you can draw the conclusion that neither of them wanted to do an interview. Anything else is speculation. Morale (with an "e") on the pitch (Jags aside) seemed to be spot on.

It was obvious they couldn't be arsed to do the interview....from that you can draw the conclusion that neither of them wanted to do an interview. Anything else is speculation. Morale on the pitch (Jags aside) seemed to be spot on.

Don't agree, interview spoke a thousand words. But hey ho

Why are we still criticising the team we done well tonight lets move on apart from them scoring from the corner they never done much we deserved to win this game.

I'm just made up Lukaku put a real shift in tonight. We need those big performances from him.....

Still think if we play like we did tonight we'll get spotted at the weekend.

Until we went behind we were second to the ball and when we had it we needed too many touches before passing the ball back. Only Robles wanted the ball up the pitch. BUT having a goalie hoof the ball upfield was not too successful.

I feel it only shows a bad lack of morale in the team.

Towards the end they showed a little more of what they were capable of and I think the goal was richly deserved on the work put in over the last quarter of an hour. I hope this goes a long way to improving morale and to playing as we know they can play.

I though we played well and created a few chances, we were faster in our passing and more direct, especially after about the 20 minute mark. I thought Barry was poor again, I think having either McCarthy, Besic, and Barkley or any combination of those 3 makes us a better team. Ideally Barkley and McCarthy or Besic.

I though Brian was great, and would like him to play in front of Baines if we have given up on McGeady.

I just think our defense is is carrying injuries, and lacking confidence and it shows. The sooner we get Stones back starting the better.

Nothing to do with the injuries, I felt exactly the same last season. We've looked susceptible to conceding from corners ever since Martinez arrived.

We know he doesn't think much of corners, which is why I don't think we practice them. If you're not practicing attacking (and taking) them (obviously just my thinking on it) then you won't be practicing defending them either.

I crap myself every time we have to defend them, I'm always expecting us to concede. I really don't think we practice them in training.

Ridiculous substitution?

I read a worrying article snippet today about Graham Jone's reflections/thoughts on Set-Piece training/practises.

In short, the management team see it as a waste of time because you conceded only 3 corners a game (on average) and spending 2 hours a season isnt time effective or something along those lines.

The players are encouraged to work out their roles (based on situation) because its hard to correctly identify opposition movements.

I can't find the snippet now.

I read a worrying article snippet today about Graham Jone's reflections/thoughts on Set-Piece training/practises.

In short, the management team see it as a waste of time because you conceded only 3 corners a game (on average) and spending 2 hours a season isnt time effective or something along those lines.

The players are encouraged to work out their roles (based on situation) because its hard to correctly identify opposition movements.

I can't find the snippet now.

Thanks, J, if I wasn't worried before I am now!