IGNORED

West Ham (FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

I wasn't able to watch today because I couldn't get away from work. I was following online and was estatic to see the 90+1 Lukaku goal show up. Seems like it was more positive today than it has been so I'm hoping this is a catalyst for a massive upset this weekend against Man City!

Have to give some credit to McGeady for fighting hard to keep his balance and get between those 2 defenders to push the ball out to Oviedo. And credit to Oviedo for the solid ball into the box. Lukaku deserved that goal, and his two mates made it possiblle.

great point elston, oviedo has a nice game and did get the assist. i'd love to see him on the left wing above baines, he really works hard and puts in a shift, very naisy esque.

great point elston, oviedo has a nice game and did get the assist. i'd love to see him on the left wing above baines, he really works hard and puts in a shift, very naisy esque.

I was just about to post my surprise at the lack of recognition for Oviedo. I felt he had a good game, didnt set the world alight or draw attention, but he did the little things right and looks to be a very underrated player by Martinez given his lack of match time.

I feel the solutiom to our winger problem is to find a combination that works between Baines, Garbutt and Oviedo for LB/LW and leave Barkley/Naismith/Eto'o central with Mirallas and McGeady on the right.

Oh and that point about Martinez reluctance to practice corners pissing me off so much, given I never used to feel a single bit worried about defending corners under Moyes. I dont like comparing to Moyes but we really were solid in that aspect and now its a genuine worry every single time we concede one.

But Greg O'Keefe has written about it before. Martinez sees corners as a waste and there is little benefit from them. The conversion rate isn't worth the effort to practise them.

Which in my opinion is complete bollocks like.

The amount of goals we concede from corners says that there is plenty of benefit to practicing them!

others on here call that showboating as well. i really don't believe it is. he's just trying to make a play and moving the ball around. i doubt he's thinking "mirallas is open, but my woman is gonna think i'm slick if i just do this".

Its showboating when there is no end product for me. As positive as some of his runs and passing was, it led to nothing. For example. that run towards the end was fantastic, but then he decides to shoot near post from an impossible angle rather than stop, look up and play the clever ball.

I know he can become a great player but he really needs pressure to learn from his mistakes, because his fancy-dan runs, his 5 touches when 1 will do, his dicking around and killing momentum and his losing possession because he thinks he has minutes on the ball without pressure malarky is 90% of his game. There needs to be more end product, urgency, awareness and consistency from him.

Last thing we needed was a relay and an extra game but hopefully we can build on it. Sad state of affairs though when we're clinging to a last minute goal at home to earn us a draw and a replay against West Ham (no disrespect to them like they're a good side) but it's something I suppose.

I haven't seen the interview tbh but a mate of mine who is usually spot on when he gives me info has told me there's real untest in the dressing room. He doesn't know what it is but he's been told there is something going on and it's not good. and I'm starting to go along with that line of thinking myself.

Lukaku was great last nightand that's the player we played 28 million for, more of the same please, don't know what's wrong with Jagielka, he was awful last night and looked out of his depth. Besic was ok but needs more experience. Thought Barry played really well last night well done to him for keeping his head up, thought Oviedo was quiet at best and Barkley still does nothing to change my mind about him. He's a greedy little bastard and always takes 3 touches too many no matter what.

Think the mark for last night was "much improved" but "could still do better"

Got a funny feeling we're going to turn City over this weekend.

Last thing we needed was a relay and an extra game but hopefully we can build on it. Sad state of affairs though when we're clinging to a last minute goal at home to earn us a draw and a replay against West Ham (no disrespect to them like they're a good side) but it's something I suppose.

I haven't seen the interview tbh but a mate of mine who is usually spot on when he gives me info has told me there's real untest in the dressing room. He doesn't know what it is but he's been told there is something going on and it's not good. and I'm starting to go along with that line of thinking myself.

Lukaku was great last nightand that's the player we played 28 million for, more of the same please, don't know what's wrong with Jagielka, he was awful last night and looked out of his depth. Besic was ok but needs more experience. Thought Barry played really well last night well done to him for keeping his head up, thought Oviedo was quiet at best and Barkley still does nothing to change my mind about him. He's a greedy little bastard and always takes 3 touches too many no matter what.

Lukaku and Barry were much better that's for sure.

I keep hearing jags is ill and injured, so hopefully with a few days rest he'll be over the illness a least.

If Stones and Jags stay fit and get some games together I'm sure we'll tighten up at the back, which will hopefully give the rest of the side some confidence.

With Oviedo back we have a later who can offer genuine width, let's hope he gets used!

Apparently Jags has been carrying an ankle injury the last couple of weeks and only played because there's no one else

Would go someway to explain why he's been terrible and looked f*cked off last night.

What's the point in playing injured players? Seriously. Play Browning or a youth player, I don't care. Someone who's position is best suited to the area hit with injuries,.

Would go someway to explain why he's been terrible and looked f*cked off last night.

What's the point in playing injured players? Seriously. Play Browning or a youth player, I don't care. Someone who's position is best suited to the area hit with injuries,.

Agreed..no one could be worse than jags last night..kinda felt sorry for him, he looked like he had lost his puppy

Its showboating when there is no end product for me. As positive as some of his runs and passing was, it led to nothing. For example. that run towards the end was fantastic, but then he decides to shoot near post from an impossible angle rather than stop, look up and play the clever ball.

I know he can become a great player but he really needs pressure to learn from his mistakes, because his fancy-dan runs, his 5 touches when 1 will do, his dicking around and killing momentum and his losing possession because he thinks he has minutes on the ball without pressure malarky is 90% of his game. There needs to be more end product, urgency, awareness and consistency from him.

I actually screamed "don't shoot!" at him. Suffice to say, the fucker ignored me :shaking fist: .

Every bit of Barkley's good stuff came when he abandoned the wing and came central, that should tell Martinez everything but he seems to be the only one who sees something different. Every time Barkley went on a marauding run through the middle I just want to scream "SEE!" at Martinez.

Also, playing Barkley out wide completely fucks whoever the full-back is on his side because he simply is not there at all to help going forward or defensively. Which is why Oviedo was hesitant to attack properly right until the end of the game when we had West Ham camped in their own area.

Yep, obviously gonna get tired with relay's

Non story for me, it's purely financial. So many games in such a short period of time plus extra layout on Euro matches plus post Christmas. There were only 9,000 at Burnley/Spurs on Monday ffs; we've sold out virtually every home game this season despite the dip in form.

Thought it was a decent crowd in the circumstances.

Non story for me, it's purely financial. So many games in such a short period of time plus extra layout on Euro matches plus post Christmas. There were only 9,000 at Burnley/Spurs on Monday ffs; we've sold out virtually every home game this season despite the dip in form.

This.

I wonder if an article would have been published by them highlighting this if it was Liverpool? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Thinking about the negative vibe at the post match interview; what would we have said if they'd been bouncing off the walls all excited by a home draw with West Ham (whatever the circumstances)?

And Rom's perfectly happy in his EvertonTV MOTM interview.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2014/12/03/lukaku-is-man-of-the-match

Too much made of it I think; they were shagged out and Jags knew he'd been poor, whatever the reason.

Guest rusty747

On balance I am inclined to agree with Mike. I would have liked to have seen a bit more belief about our prospects for the replay but you may be right. Just knackered and relieved to be in the draw for the next round.