IGNORED

Samuel Eto’o

I don't think he's had a continual succession of games in the same position. Example he looked a little bit weighty and rusty the other night.

In the games he has played he has given some ridiculous examples of ability - some of the best play i've seen from a forward at Everton.

Guest rusty747

If we had a big squad and lots of money and no injuries he would be a great luxury to keep hold of. The truth is we haven't got a big squad, we can't justify high wages for a squad player and we are riddled with injuries. Heart says keep him. Head says sell.

I don't think he's had a continual succession of games in the same position. Example he looked a little bit weighty and rusty the other night.

In the games he has played he has given some ridiculous examples of ability - some of the best play i've seen from a forward at Everton.

His booking the other night was a perfect example of my concerns over his attitude.

OK, he hasn't had a decent crack of the whip, which can only mean he has not justified starting in Robertos eyes. He won't be a loss to us, he's not offering anything.

His booking the other night was a perfect example of my concerns over his attitude.

OK, he hasn't had a decent crack of the whip, which can only mean he has not justified starting in Robertos eyes. He won't be a loss to us, he's not offering anything.

The booking the other night? Absolutely farcical, the player simulated that he had been kneed in the back, Eto just ran into the back of him, it was a foul nothing more. The ref was abysmal and couldn't wait to get his card out.

The booking the other night? Absolutely farcical, the player simulated that he had been kneed in the back, Eto just ran into the back of him, it was a foul nothing more. The ref was abysmal and couldn't wait to get his card out.

The card was for him mouthing off, wasn't it? Then he carried on after the whistle too.

The player definitely went down to easily, but Eto'o should know better than arguing with the ref.

The card was for him mouthing off, wasn't it? Then he carried on after the whistle too.

The player definitely went down to easily, but Eto'o should know better than arguing with the ref.

I thought it was for the challenge, thought the ref was quick to go for card

I thought it was for the challenge, thought the ref was quick to go for card

Mixed reports looking around, Mirror and Mail saying it was for the foul, BBC gives no reason and Telegraph gives if for running to the ref and back-chatting

I'm in the sell camp now. I agree that he's a luxury and feel Roberto feels he needs to give him too many starts and he's done this at the expense of playing players in the correct position which has in turn resulted in us playing with no balance. This for me has been the master of our downfall this season... so basically it's all down to Eto'o!!! (I was in the sign him camp too!)

I say sell. He is too often played in the wrong position and we have plenty of players that can be used there. If we get a couple of million for him its even better. Use the wages on others that we really need. A cb, a goalie and a winger would be nice

I agree with the article.

He's going through a pretty lean spell, but which player isn't? When we get back on track and gain some momentum, results start going our way, players start hitting form etc. I think Eto'o will play a huge role for us. He plays some balls and shows vision which shows that he really is world class, even if his age slows him down a bit. Add to that the mentoring aspect he provides for Lukaku and I can't see why anyone would want him gone. If you want to shed wages I'd be looking at Atsu, Gibson, Pienaar, Hibbert before Eto'o. Obviously Eto'o would free up much more but I think he just adds too much value to justify letting him go.

I agree with the article.

He's going through a pretty lean spell, but which player isn't? When we get back on track and gain some momentum, results start going our way, players start hitting form etc. I think Eto'o will play a huge role for us. He plays some balls and shows vision which shows that he really is world class, even if his age slows him down a bit. Add to that the mentoring aspect he provides for Lukaku and I can't see why anyone would want him gone. If you want to shed wages I'd be looking at Atsu, Gibson, Pienaar, Hibbert before Eto'o. Obviously Eto'o would free up much more but I think he just adds too much value to justify letting him go.

I completely agree with this but while he's here he'll be played or others will be played out of position to accomodate him. He should be playing as the striker alone or as a 2. I don't think Roberto will accomodate this way with Kone and Naismith available (and obviously Lukaku).

I completely agree with this but while he's here he'll be played or others will be played out of position to accomodate him. He should be playing as the striker alone or as a 2. I don't think Roberto will accomodate this way with Kone and Naismith available (and obviously Lukaku).

That's my point though. As much as I love Naismith, the fact he and Kone are being mentioned for reasons to move him on is ridiculous. He's leagues above both of them. You don't weaken one area to accommodate another. I get that you're just calling it from Martinez's thinking, not your own, but for mine if playing Eto'o up front in a 2 with Lukaku, or subbing them off for one another in the lone striker role means Kone and Naismith miss out then so be it.

Absolutely, but as I mentioned, once there's wind in our sails and we get back on track the team won't need 'lifting', and that's where I believe Eto'o will show his class.

Not sure mate, no doubt he's still got the ability, problem is I don't think he's interested in playing for us.