IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

The maddest thing about the whole incident was that McCarthy was booked while Ivanovic wasnt. I just cannot get my round how the ref got to that conclusion.

Obviously it was the incorrect decision, but it was probably the easiest one for him to make.

Refs should be able to put that sort of pressure aside and do their job properly.

Unfortunately they don't and I share your incredulity at how they can get away with it.

Yeah but his bollocks is all off course; never cheated or done anything underhand on it as far as I know.

True a few unsavoury moments (spitting on greens & the odd swear word caught on camera) but no questions regarding his on course integrity that I can think of.

Obviously it was the incorrect decision, but it was probably the easiest one for him to make.

Refs should be able to put that sort of pressure aside and do their job properly.

Unfortunately they don't and I share your incredulity at how they can get away with it.

I'd have thought the easiest decision for the ref to make would have been to book the pair of them. It's what they usually do, even when only one of them deserves the booking. Even that would have been crazy because I don't know what McCarthy did to get booked, but I could at least understand that cop out.

I'd have thought the easiest decision for the ref to make would have been to book the pair of them. It's what they usually do, even when only one of them deserves the booking. Even that would have been crazy because I don't know what McCarthy did to get booked, but I could at least understand that cop out.

Your right that is the way they usually deal with the tough ones.

My thought was that by not booking him he avoids the wrath of the crowd and Mourinho, and puts it back on the league to take retrospective action.

A complete and utter cop out.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter in Telegraph Sport.

It didn't take Mr Mourinho long to forget about the very favourable treatment Chelsea received from the referee in their game against Everton. Branislav Inanovic should have been sent off for manhandling James McCarthy but he was not even booked. Plenty of decisions went in favour of Chelsea. Oh, and McCarthey's 'reward' for being manhandled - a yellow card.