IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Typical Everton. Lots of guts, effort and commitment but couldn't take our chances and got done by a bit of bad luck. I think being without Barry for at least 2 matches might be a very good thing. Besic and Mcarthy to start together. If they have Lennon, Nais or Ross, Mirallas and Rom ahead of them we will give some team a real spanking.

But right now I am a little bit proud of the effort and a little bit disappointed that we couldn't see it out.

Oh, and I have to get up in 5 hours and fly to Dhaka and back.

Typical Everton. Lots of guts, effort and commitment but couldn't take our chances and got done by a bit of bad luck. I think being without Barry for at least 2 matches might be a very good thing. Besic and Mcarthy to start together. If they have Lennon, Nais or Ross, Mirallas and Rom ahead of them we will give some team a real spanking.

But right now I am a little bit proud of the effort and a little bit disappointed that we couldn't see it out.

Oh, and I have to get up in 5 hours and fly to Dhaka and back.

Starting to look more like a Moyes side now though. Tight at the back but not creating enough in the final third.

A much better second half performance; we carried a threat and snuffed them out right until the end when Barry showed his experience counts for naff all and we lost concentration.

If Gibson was to come on it should've been fit Barry. We were always going to come under pressure at the end so needed players who could put tackles in risk free.

So gutted at the way we lost that though :(. I hope the lads don't let this effect them negatively and use this break we have now to come back stronger.

Superb goaltending by both keepers. Matic best player out there, easily, total control. Second half more exciting than first. Miracle Rom's shot was somehow saved. Pretty strong effort by many on our side, Howard, Stones, Jagielka, Rom sometimes. Needed Mirallas earlier. Barkley, really not much, Naismith hustle, but many poor passes.

But we should look forward, really, enthusiastically, to Europa. This was a solid effort overall, unlucky to lose, came back strong at times in second half.

Yeah the positive is that we seem to have sorted the defence. A fit Stones and Jags is by far our best partnership. Lost a bit of attacking threat though. Hopefully get Lennon up and running and play Mirallas other wing with Barkley behind Lukaku and McCarthy + Besic behind him we'll get that balance.

Defense is sorted out. Now we need to find the right balance going forward.

Unfortunately Naismith needs to be dropped.

Didn't see enough but I can understand the guy needing a break. He's sweated everything since the beginning of the season and is probably worn out.

We desperately need a creative spark in the middle.

2nd half was a better watch!!!

In the end, it wouldn't have been unfair for us to get a draw or even nick a win. We held our own most of the time. That's not say we played brilliantly, but we did what we had to...For 88 minutes anyway!

Was no surprise to see Barry sent off. The up side to that is that we hopefully get to see McCarthy and Besic together.

Surprised to see the role Gibson seemed to have. He seemed quite far up field.

Pleased for Howard. Real solid performance. Justified his Number 1 slot tonight.

Onwards and upwards.

Didn't see enough but I can understand the guy needing a break. He's sweated everything since the beginning of the season and is probably worn out.

We desperately need a creative spark in the middle.

He didn't play bad at all. But with us being solid at the back he's not the type if player we need up top to create the perfect balance. I'm one of his biggest fans but he's just not technically gifted enough to be a utility player up top!

Chelsea went straight to there keeper great saves from poor finishing by rom ,ours performed run of the mill keeping any one who thinks he was great knows nothing of goalkeeping

then helps them with a ludicrous punch

that was the difference.

Your prejudice blinds you crusty.

Chelsea went straight to there keeper great saves from poor finishing by rom ,ours performed run of the mill keeping any one who thinks he was great knows nothing of goalkeeping

then helps them with a ludicrous punch

that was the difference.

Great saves from poor finishing???

How can that be? Surely it has to be one or the other? You can't have a 'great save' from a 'poor finish'? Surely if it's a poor finish, all you've had to do is make a standard, normal, run of the mill save?

Superb goaltending by both keepers. Matic best player out there, easily, total control. Second half more exciting than first. Miracle Rom's shot was somehow saved. Pretty strong effort by many on our side, Howard, Stones, Jagielka, Rom sometimes. Needed Mirallas earlier. Barkley, really not much, Naismith hustle, but many poor passes.

But we should look forward, really, enthusiastically, to Europa. This was a solid effort overall, unlucky to lose, came back strong at times in second half.

Look I'm happy with it, guttered yes. On another day Roms shot goes in and we beat chelsea 1-0, instead the gammy pricks get a deflected hit and hope in the 90th min... We played no different to that of chelsea v Liverpool at Liverpool last season, we just didn't get the goal when we had the chance. Besic and McCarthy for next 3, watch us win 3 on the trot now. Heads up. Anyone who says a Martinez side cannot defend Is surely put in its place.