IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

i would just like to say in my defence I was sat in bar in Spain listening to a radio commentary

and he said it was a poor punch and he let it in his near post 3 inches away from him

now ive seen it the punch was good the other bit I let everyone else decide.

I still stand by the statement he should have played joel we are looking to the future

and tim did nothing joel could not have done (except keep a clean sheet)

Hang on a minute, you said the below and some other comments a couple of pages back but weren't actually watching the game?!

That Sir, is poor form. Lay off the San Miguel.

Chelsea went straight to there keeper great saves from poor finishing by rom ,ours performed run of the mill keeping any one who thinks he was great knows nothing of goalkeeping then helps them with a ludicrous punch that was the difference.

Reality is though Matt that refs are human beings and till the time comes where the pressure is taken off them by the means of "technical assistance" - players and managers will strive to put as much pressure on a difficult situation as they can. They do, and unfortunately it works.

Now it may be very noble of us to just turn the other cheek but the truth is that we are not going to win points for being "bloody good sports" - I think what Martinez has done is quite measured and speaks volumes.

Then you're a fool.

fool? You've not explained the advantage of complaining. I've declared that I prefer honesty and integrity over intimidating and cowardice. How is that foolish?

fool? You've not explained the advantage of complaining. I've declared that I prefer honesty and integrity over intimidating and cowardice. How is that foolish?

If you can't see the advantage that the likes of Mourinho and Ales Ferguson tried to gain from it then I can't help you. And if you could show me where I've said we should intimidate and show cowardice Id really appreciate it.

If you can't see the advantage that the likes of Mourinho and Ales Ferguson tried to gain from it then I can't help you. And if you could show me where I've said we should intimidate and show cowardice Id really appreciate it.

youve said do as they do, no? Which is exactly what I've said it is; intimidation and cowardice. But in a respectful way you say, which is a contradiction in terms, because they don't do respectful to the officials.

The difference is we don't have the money / riches behind us to profit from the pressure moaning in the media can bring. We're not the "cool" club to influence the officials, so it's not going to happen. It's foolish to think that bitching against the rich boys will bring anything positive

Edit: you've still not explained what advantage it brings to us. Everton I mean.

Edited by Matt

youve said do as they do, no? Which is exactly what I've said it is; intimidation and cowardice. But in a respectful way you say, which is a contradiction in terms, because they don't do respectful to the officials.

The difference is we don't have the money / riches behind us to profit from the pressure moaning in the media can bring. We're not the "cool" club to influence the officials, so it's not going to happen. It's foolish to think that bitching against the rich boys will bring anything positive

I've said our manager should come out after games and say when we've been on the end of shitty decisions. And when it happens on the pitch Jags (as he's captain) should be at the referee telling him he's fucked up. How any of that's intimidation or cowardice is beyond me. It is respectful, just like I said.

Duck not having the money, we don't need that to put pressure on the referee's. The fact is they know they can fuck up majorly against us and the spotlight won't be on them because we won't say a word. The more we put the spotlight on them by highlighting major fuck ups or injustices the more they'll think before they make a big decision.

I'd bet a big reason Ivanovic didn't get a ban is because of Mourinho complaining about a conspiracy against Chelsea after Costa got a retrospective ban.

I've said our manager should come out after games and say when we've been on the end of shitty decisions. And when it happens on the pitch Jags (as he's captain) should be at the referee telling him he's fucked up. How any of that's intimidation or cowardice is beyond me. It is respectful, just like I said.

Duck not having the money, we don't need that to put pressure on the referee's. The fact is they know they can fuck up majorly against us and the spotlight won't be on them because we won't say a word. The more we put the spotlight on them by highlighting major fuck ups or injustices the more they'll think before they make a big decision.

I'd bet a big reason Ivanovic didn't get a ban is because of Mourinho complaining about a conspiracy against Chelsea after Costa got a retrospective ban.

Ive no issue with Jags trying to converse with the ref to argue our point. but you want to join in with the rest of them but keep it honest?! Because honestly, I don't see you present your case honestly when the opposition is playing every trick in the book, you're still the nice guy. You have to give up morals to get heard, you have to be dicks, cowards, tricksters. You want the 2 representatives of our club to so that!?

You say it's not money that's the issue? Pressure to keep the media poster boys happy or pressure to do the right thing? The officials are not supported and are held out to dry if they fuck up against the rich clubs. Money has everything to do with it. Example, a mistake between Stoke v Newcastle is maybe discussed for a week. A mistake for a title contender and another team, completely different kettle of fish. Why?

Ive no issue with Jags trying to converse with the ref to argue our point. but you want to join in with the rest of them but keep it honest?! Because honestly, I don't see you present your case honestly when the opposition is playing every trick in the book, you're still the nice guy. You have to give up morals to get heard, you have to be dicks, cowards, tricksters. You want the 2 representatives of our club to so that!?

You say it's not money that's the issue? Pressure to keep the media poster boys happy or pressure to do the right thing? The officials are not supported and are held out to dry if they fuck up against the rich clubs. Money has everything to do with it. Example, a mistake between Stoke v Newcastle is maybe discussed for a week. A mistake for a title contender and another team, completely different kettle of fish. Why?

I want us to not just shrug our shoulders and go "oh well" like you'd prefer. I've said nothing about embellishing or lying, only to point out mistakes and highlight them.

They wouldn't be being hung out to dry for making a mistake against the big boys because I'm talking about stopping them fucking us over by getting it wrong. I want them getting the big decisions right. Sending Ivanovic off wouldn't have been a mistake would it? It wouldn't have been us cheating to get him sent off would it? So the ref wouldn't have been hung out to dry.

Agree to disagree. You're happy to let it go and silently protest or whatever, I'm not.

By the way, in regards to the ref, after game decisions, interviews etc. Jose is a master of the game he plays. He knows how to get things his way. Very clever man.

He might be a prick, but he's won his clubs a lot of trophies!!!

Agreed on this, I'm sure he's sitting in his office laughing about what he is getting away with. Very calculated, at the same time diverts the attention on to himself alleviating some of the pressure on his team.

The photo is petty shocking in terms of the charge. It's actually embarrassing.

Agreed on this, I'm sure he's sitting in his office laughing about what he is getting away with. Very calculated, at the same time diverts the attention on to himself alleviating some of the pressure on his team.

The photo is petty shocking in terms of the charge. It's actually embarrassing.

He comes across as a one eyed arrogant twat to me; I'd be ashamed if he was our manager.

He comes across as a one eyed arrogant twat to me; I'd be ashamed if he was our manager.

A clever, one eyed arrogant twat :)

I remember a time (and I'm sure he didn't mean it) where he said 'maybe, I'll manage Everton' - never a chance of that happening but I would like to see Mourinho manage a team without the assistance of money, build something without the millions. Arrogant twat he may be but the man gets results and I would take him.

Different clubs, very different fans to each other. He's created that siege mentality that will grind out the title for them.

Suarez and RS fans I couldn't understand. He was a disgrace but they loved him because he was scoring goals for them. No matter how many goals he scored I would have wanted him kicked out the club after his first major indiscretion.

Success or the potential of success changes viewpoints.

If we were guaranteed titles, CL etc but had a twat of a manager would u take it? I would.

RM isn't a twat and I believe he will bring success to our club so in our case we don't have to worry about that.

Edited by NYBlue

Tell you what - I am going to make it my business to route for Man City like their number one fan, if nothing else to see that smirk wiped right off of Mourinho's face. And the best case scenario would be if they snatched it away from Chelsea in the 11th hour, sort of like what City did to Liverpool last season.

I want us to not just shrug our shoulders and go "oh well" like you'd prefer. I've said nothing about embellishing or lying, only to point out mistakes and highlight them.

They wouldn't be being hung out to dry for making a mistake against the big boys because I'm talking about stopping them fucking us over by getting it wrong. I want them getting the big decisions right. Sending Ivanovic off wouldn't have been a mistake would it? It wouldn't have been us cheating to get him sent off would it? So the ref wouldn't have been hung out to dry.

Agree to disagree. You're happy to let it go and silently protest or whatever, I'm not.

I'm not happy to let it go, silently protest or whatever. I just don't see what moaning after a game will accomplish. I don't want us to shrug shoulders either, but I definitely do not want us to join in the "bully the ref" approach. Unfortunately, anything short of bullying the ref won't work and is therefore a waste of time. I don't see how an honourable chat afterwards is anything more than saying "oh well" either. There is no value in it that I can see because the bullies on the field will always win. Until there is a chance in the support and that seems to be what we both want; proper tools and support given to the officials so they are able to make the right decisions even against the rich clubs. Which isn't going to happen any time soon. In the meantime, I don't want us getting into pointless post match whinges and crowding the ref, because thats lowering our standards.

For fuck sake, I explained in the previous post, I'm not repeating myself.

Oh handbags :P

Edited by Matt

I'm not happy to let it go, silently protest or whatever. I just don't see what moaning after a game will accomplish. I don't want us to shrug shoulders either, but I definitely do not want us to join in the "bully the ref" approach. Unfortunately, anything short of bullying the ref won't work and is therefore a waste of time. I don't see how an honourable chat afterwards is anything more than saying "oh well" either. There is no value in it that I can see because the bullies on the field will always win. Until there is a chance in the support and that seems to be what we both want; proper tools and support given to the officials so they are able to make the right decisions even against the rich clubs. Which isn't going to happen any time soon. In the meantime, I don't want us getting into pointless post match whinges and crowding the ref, because thats lowering our standards.

Oh handbags :P

You've made daisy chains to send to the ref and the FA to say "no hard feelings", haven't you? Go on, admit it :P.

I might give football a miss for a bit. Bored of all this political bullshit now.

Unfair retrospective 'system'

Sky high ticket prices

Obvious FA interference in games including the big clubs

Terrible terrible officiating

Managers being allowed to not complete their contracted media interviews because of a "difficult" question

Players who are constantly cheating (Hazard,William,Ivanovic) and getting away with it

Its hard enough competing with these, now, big clubs but with everything else as well, the task is becoming impossible.

Its so frustrating.

Might spend my time on a sport that gives a shit about rules and fair play.

I might give football a miss for a bit. Bored of all this political bullshit now.

Sky high ticket prices

Managers being allowed to not complete their contracted media interviews because of a "difficult" question

Players who are constantly cheating (Hazard,William,Ivanovic) and getting away with it

Its hard enough competing with these, now, big clubs but with everything else as well, the task is becoming impossible.

Its so frustrating.

me_814.jpg

Sky high ticket prices

Its so frustrating.

Don't fancy your chances of finding one.