IGNORED

Chelsea (A)

markjazzbassist

Anyone clock how many offsides lukaku got tonight? My guess is he's 33% higher than the next highest offender. He was on 28 offsides after the derby, after him was Costa on 20 and then there's a good few in and around 16-20.

Unlucky offsides I can handle, he's get caught 5 yards plus needlessly. Daft.

Couldn't believe how many he got in the Derby. Ridiculous.

Not sure about tonight. Don't think we enabled him to be offside!!!

There was one real daft one where he was looking right across the line of 3 defenders.

He did well tonight. But yeah, these offsides are daft. I know he's one of the highest in the league for offsides.

didn't understand Besic being subbed off instead of Barry, he was on a yellow already and hasn't played well most of the season!

very strange.

I like Naismith centrally, rate him over Barkley actually. And yes, I do like his workrate, he was always back deeper than barkley defending plus he is more pacey which is why he's better played in the middle. It'd be great to see Miralles and Atsu on the wings when healthy.

didn't really like any of RM's moves or starting lineup but will admit he got Howard right today, I'd kept in Robles.

still, to have played that way today, especially in defense after shipping 6 at Goodison, and only losing on a deflected goal late spells good things for the rest of the season.

it's an improvement.

Always expected to be beaten but in honesty I have to admit I feel disappointed that it was by one goal at the end of the game...

Barry was going to be banned after the first yellow anyway so a sending off is not that big a deal. He took one for the team in my opinion. Especially the first yellow.

The rumpus towards the end of the game was all manufactured by Chelsea too and yes I did see the headbutt

I think we can be fairly happy with the performance but not the result. Lukaku was so close twice to scoring.

Fuck off Chelsea!!

Fuck off Mourinho!!

Fuck off Barry!!

- sigh -

Proud of the lads tonight though! A few months ago those pricks would have drilled us 5 new assholes all over our bodies. Not tonight bitches. A little luck would have helped, but the almighty pricks did not own us today. There is a lot to take away from this match. We still need shit to sort through but I see a glimmer of hope in this EFC. Even though you lost I'm proud of you lads. And always remember - Mourinho is a fuckin prick!!!

Edited by chalkpie

I fucking knew they'd win AGAIN last minute off some shite goal like that. Cant believe Cech's save, imagine the confidence Rom would have gotten from scoring at the bridge in front of Everton fans. Fuck me dead. Still so angry at those pricks. That referee stood back and let them officiate. Fuck off.

i would just like to say in my defence I was sat in bar in Spain listening to a radio commentary

and he said it was a poor punch and he let it in his near post 3 inches away from him

now ive seen it the punch was good the other bit I let everyone else decide.

I still stand by the statement he should have played joel we are looking to the future

and tim did nothing joel could not have done (except keep a clean sheet)

Roberto has come out and said chelsea players were trying to influence the red, ivanovic should have been a red, and Barry shouldn't have been a second yellow. Also says the authorities need to look into it because Stamford bridge is always like that.

Glad he said something.

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/story/2295252/everton-manager-roberto-martinez-chelsea-players-tried-to-influence-the-referee

Roberto has come out and said chelsea players were trying to influence the red, ivanovic should have been a red, and Barry shouldn't have been a second yellow. Also says the authorities need to look into it because Stamford bridge is always like that.

Glad he said something.

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/story/2295252/everton-manager-roberto-martinez-chelsea-players-tried-to-influence-the-referee

I wasn't. It makes us look worse than anything else, just complaining after a defeat. I agree with what he is saying, just don't see the point in saying it.

I wasn't. It makes us look worse than anything else, just complaining after a defeat. I agree with what he is saying, just don't see the point in saying it.

Agreed, looks like sour grapes from Martinez. It is very frustrating though, feels like the big spenders (United, City, Chelsea) always seem to get the rub of the green with referees decisions.

Can't agree with this. We regularly just let the shit decisions go against us without a peep from us, off and on the pitch, and our niceness hinders us because they know we won't make a fuss.

I'm not talking about doing in a disrespectful way, but it's about time we didn't just let things go.

Can't agree with this. We regularly just let the shit decisions go against us without a peep from us, off and on the pitch, and our niceness hinders us because they know we won't make a fuss.

I'm not talking about doing in a disrespectful way, but it's about time we didn't just let things go.

Exactly. Every team deserves fair play and refereeing. Chelsea are cheating scumbags. Diving bitching surrounding the ref. that red needs to grow a pair and tell them to screw off.

Complaining about it off the pitch achieves what though? Whilst what Martinez is saying is right, its just whinging because it will bring nothing.

I understand more about making a fuss on the pitch, but then you're talking about doing exactly what Chelsea were doing which is what we've also been complaining about. I don't want to stoop to their level, I don't want to lower our standards. Its one of the reasons I love the club; we try to do things properly.

I want proper officiating, and the officials to have the correct tools to help them, in game and afterwards. Fact is, until the FA actually prioritize it we've got 2 choices; continue to maintain our honest approach, or become a Chelsea / United / Liverpool and badger the officials. I prefer honesty and integrity

Complaining about it off the pitch achieves what though? Whilst what Martinez is saying is right, its just whinging because it will bring nothing.

I understand more about making a fuss on the pitch, but then you're talking about doing exactly what Chelsea were doing which is what we've also been complaining about. I don't want to stoop to their level, I don't want to lower our standards. Its one of the reasons I love the club; we try to do things properly.

I want proper officiating, and the officials to have the correct tools to help them, in game and afterwards. Fact is, until the FA actually prioritize it we've got 2 choices; continue to maintain our honest approach, or become a Chelsea / United / Liverpool and badger the officials. I prefer honesty and integrity

Reality is though Matt that refs are human beings and till the time comes where the pressure is taken off them by the means of "technical assistance" - players and managers will strive to put as much pressure on a difficult situation as they can. They do, and unfortunately it works.

Now it may be very noble of us to just turn the other cheek but the truth is that we are not going to win points for being "bloody good sports" - I think what Martinez has done is quite measured and speaks volumes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31431754

Just look at those pictures - how can Moss not send Ivanovic off when he's looking right at it all?! If that's the other way round you just know he'd have got that red card out for McCarthy quick as you like.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-02-12/does-chelsea-defender-ivanovic-deserve-ban-for-everton-headbutt-vote-here/

ITV running a poll on whether or not he should have gone

Then you're a fool.

Basically we've been charged for Chelsea players surrounding the ref trying to get our player sent off, and for having the audacity to have one of our players get put in a headlock and headbutted, for which our player was booked and the perpetrator wasn't... I can totally see why the FA have charged Everton, it makes so much sense.

Edited by Romey 1878