IGNORED

Southampton (Home)

markjazzbassist

Think it's more the idea of Browning Galloway Stones Garbutt playing as our back 4... It's to inexperienced and we haven't the points to justify it yet. Integrate 1/2 into the side each week alternating it ( not for another 2/3 games bearing )

As Mike said, each spot is a million pounds. We jump up 4 spots that's another Besic in prize money.

just a thought playing some youngsters might just save you having to buy another besic

just a thought playing some youngsters might just save you having to buy another besic

I haven't an issue playing some of the youngsters, and I'm sure there are a few that could step up and play a role but a totally inexperienced back line could be detrimental to the young lads. And I more meant we should be playing to win every game as 4 spots is worth 4mil!

Southampton will be looking at this game and expecting 3 points. We look at it hoping for a win. It will be difficult even though we are at home and have won two league games on the run.

Sadly I was not over impressed by either win (Newcastle was good but it seemed to be harder than the scoreline said it was, and despite Newcastle being pretty dire. QPR was a win despite our efforts to draw.) So this is the game that is a litmus test for how we are doing. I fully expect us to be tactically naive again, but with home support we may just pull it off (fingers crossed) Not a clue really as to who RM will play, especially in midfield, I suspect centre defence will be Jags and Stones. As for up front it will now depend on fitness and injuries. I seriously doubt Kone will play, and Lukaku is a doubt. So I am sure that Naisy will start and perhaps Mirallas will be playing off him. Lennon out wide too. First to score I feel may well be Lennon.

I haven't an issue playing some of the youngsters, and I'm sure there are a few that could step up and play a role but a totally inexperienced back line could be detrimental to the young lads. And I more meant we should be playing to win every game as 4 spots is worth 4mil!

as I said earlier the 4 players I mentioned in my humble opinion would get us most points.

as I said earlier the 4 players I mentioned in my humble opinion would get us most points.

I may have confused you with Rusty :/ apologies mate!

I havent an issue with Robles, Garbs, Besic and Barkley starting :)

More an issue if Browning and Galloway were to be thrown in at the same time!

I may have confused you with Rusty :/ apologies mate!

I havent an issue with Robles, Garbs, Besic and Barkley starting :)

More an issue if Browning and Galloway were to be thrown in at the same time!

Galloway hasn't even made the bench, and didn't feature in that throwaway Europa game, so there is absolutely no chance of him featuring.

Guest rusty747

It possibly is a bit ambitious and not very sensible to start Galloway. But I see advantages in putting him on the bench and giving him a few minutes at the end of a game which we have, hopefully, already won.

We are not going to make Europe this year. We are not going to win a trophy. I take the point about each league place being worth a million quid but I do think we can still give Galloway a run out without materially altering our finishing league position.

Edited by rusty747

Galloway hasn't even made the bench, and didn't feature in that throwaway Europa game, so there is absolutely no chance of him featuring.

Thought he had done the last couple of games :huh:

edit: scratch that, I must be going nuts!

Edited by Matt

I just cant be arsed with this game , or any other for the rest of the season to be honest

We are pretty much safe now so there isn't anything to play for , its been the worst season I can remember for over a decade and we are playing shite football anyway. The away games are only appealing because of the piss up, roll on the summer!

I will still be going to the games, but if Im honest its more through force of habit than any sense of excitement. That and the fact that after sitting through some of the dross Ive had to suffer through this season , if I did miss a game and they suddenly turned on the style and actually played some decent football I would feel right seen off

I will still be going to the games, but if Im honest its more through force of habit than any sense of excitement. That and the fact that after sitting through some of the dross Ive had to suffer through this season , if I did miss a game and they suddenly turned on the style and actually played some decent football I would feel right seen off

I've had to drag myself along a lot this season for the first time in a LONG time.

Even my 8 year olds been saying he's bored!!!

Its not really the mid table obscurity , its the passionless football and resultant total lack of atmosphere that make it such a drag

Yep, bottom line is it's boring. If an 8 year old who literally cannot sleep the night before a game with sheer excitement can say "dad, this is boring, we play boring football don't we" then things really are bad.

There's been times I've been sitting there this seasom especially the likes of Hull and WBA at home in the evening games fucking frozen bored to tears thinking "he's gonna be a pain in the arse to get up in the morning for school" then knowing the moaning off the missus over it thinking "why the fuck am I even sitting here doing this watching this pile of shite"

At times sitting at he reading the phone book seemed more appealing!!

Guest rusty747

With no game today, I guess I will have to support my second team - local to where I grew up and for whom I actually signed on schoolboy forms in 1976 before taking the Queen's shilling when I was 18. Come on Grimsby, away to Welling in the Conference.

Back on thread. We need a big finish to the season and a big clear out in the summer. I can see at least one of McCarthy, Gibson, Barry or Besic being sold as they all essentially do the same thing and if we are to progress I think we have to start playing with just the one dm. Distin is gone. Pienaar looks like he is done. Alcaraz has had his final chance and blown it. Hibbo I love but not sure he will be anything more than back up.

So we are missing a creative spark in midfield, a quality and not too old cb, a winger signed permanently (Lennon for me) and another striker to push and help Rom.

That is also why I would like to see the youngsters get a run out. Give Browning, Garbutt and Ledson some game time - it just might save us a few million in transfer fees.

Its not really the mid table obscurity , its the passionless football and resultant total lack of atmosphere that make it such a drag

That does play a big part as well, I agree. Most games this season I've found myself having chats with people around me rather than fully concentrating on the game.

A couple of my close mates fans are Saints fans, although I have had to listen to a lot Saints this and Saints that this season

I will give credit where it is due and they have surpassed everyone's expectations considering the players sold in the summer.

A team that have a great defensive record and know where the back of the net is. I hope they make the Europa to see how they cope with a squad similar to the size of ours.

Like ourselves they too have struggled to break teams down that have turned up to defend ( park the bus ). I have assured my mates they shouldn't be a problem Saturday as parking the bus, or even defending hasn't been on our agenda most of this season.

Onto the game on tomorrow- like every Everton fan I speak to Mr Barry should not walk straight back in, will be very pissed off if he does esp after 2 wins.

I hope Jags is okay- after the effort he put into that mid week match he looked dead on his feet at the end. Would like some more of that defending tomorrow.

I don't know the injury situation but guessing Kone out so Rom up front with hopefully Ross behind. Lennon and Mirallas ( if fit ) out wide. Besic McCarthy sitting.

Hopefully be a good game of open football, we use to always get results against this lot and I can another good result ahead.