IGNORED

Southampton (Home)

markjazzbassist

I seriously doubt that there is an Evertonian on the planet that is sulking because we have stayed in the Premiership

I agree, but you can't argue with the fact that we're much quieter on here than we were three games ago, if we'd only picked up three or four points since then the place would be jumping.

Nobody wants us to go down, but a lot of people also want to be proved right. Hence; relegation and Martinez out posts have largely disappeared. Maybe one day someone will reactivate the relegation thread and say, "OK so I was wrong" but I won't be holding my breath.

Four members on currently, if we'd lost the last three it'd be closer to four hundred.

Thought we played well in patches, last 30 minutes of the first half we were good, after that it became a pretty dire affair.

But a win is a win is a win, 3 points, 3 wins on the trot, and we now know the team can win ugly and grind out a result.

It was great to see the way the team played for each other, I think Lennon is a must buy in the summer.

Well done the lads.

Howard played well for sure. Defense is getting better, although it scares me at times still. Jags played well (and the goal of course!). I'm liking Lennon more and more - he hustles.

I still think this team has some serious work to do to get at the level of the top 5, and three consecutive wins doesn't make me a believer in Martinez either. Yet. What worries me is a repeat of this year in next season with Martinez employing the same tactics and patterns. We shall see. The season ain't over yet so there are more pieces to the puzzle. Weird-ass season that is for sure.

COYB!!!!!

I feel nothing but deflated watching us now. I feel last year, we made grounds on becoming a more exciting, technical and skillful side... I now feel like we are a moyes side again.

I can't remember the number of posts a few months ago hoping for "ugly wins". Now we get them, and it's deflating!

Just look at United. They have played terribly all season, yet they've made ugly wins their trademark as they move into third.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I agree, but you can't argue with the fact that we're much quieter on here than we were three games ago, if we'd only picked up three or four points since then the place would be jumping.

Nobody wants us to go down, but a lot of people also want to be proved right. Hence; relegation and Martinez out posts have largely disappeared. Maybe one day someone will reactivate the relegation thread and say, "OK so I was wrong" but I won't be holding my breath.

Four members on currently, if we'd lost the last three it'd be closer to four hundred.

Yeah you are right it would have been a lot busier because people would still be fuming, but I don't think you can say we were wrong to say that Everton were in a relegation fight this season. We were 3 points off the drop zone and just didn't look like we were capable of winning another match and Roberto was refusing to change his style.

Thankfully he finally saw sense and has since mixed it up and the results have followed, we are all delighted about that, Im sure.

Make no mistake though, this has been the worse season in over a decade and if Roberto hasn't learnt any lessons from this then we are going to be in for another struggle next year

I can't remember the number of posts a few months ago hoping for "ugly wins". Now we get them, and it's deflating!

Just look at United. They have played terribly all season, yet they've made ugly wins their trademark as they move into third.

Yes, and not one was from me... Hence my previous post

an ugly win but I will take that,it worried me barry was straight back when is he going to plan for next season

that's my biggest worry we finish in the top 10 and nothing changes, nothing seems to be changing with RM selection and play

glad the relegation fear is over.

Didn't see the game, only the highlights, but I did hear Martinez's pre-match comments which were astonishing mindless progagand of which Goebbels would have been proud. He must be deluded.

As long as we keep picking up points he can spout whatever shit he wants :-)

few members on the forum during the game... for me, it's because I'm in the states, and it's not a midweek workday match!

Looked lost: Kone, Besic

Solid: Naismith, Stones, Barry!

Great: Lennon, Jagielka

Howard got himself into trouble/no-man's land, but made the saves he needed to make. Two amazing saves.

Thought Mirallas would for sure come in for Kone, but it's looking more and more like he's gone after this season.

Hopefully Lukaku and Gibson will be back soon. Maybe Naismith replaces Kone up front with Lukaku? With Gibson/Lennon/Coleman passing to them, it could be brilliant.

I predicted 15 points from the last 10 games (with us getting four from these last three). We've gotten all nine possible. Glad my guess was off a bit!

Not an exciting match, by any standards, but gritty. Showing signs of a strong finish. Like Sunderland's critical Tyne-Wear win, it just gives one hope. Maybe?

Listen yesterday we still needed to win Gibson was injured so what option did martinez have.....besic ahead of barry I don't think so.....I know a lot of people were raving about him but he has a lot to learn if we buy right in the summer he will still be a squad player next season.

we are moving forward now besic before barry everytime barry has done nothing this season and to play besic would have given us a better chance not just

against Southampton but for the future.

I don't know if you go the game or not but to say Barry has done nothing this season is crazy.

Regarding besic he's only bench level at the moment maybe next season he will step up.

but that's the point we are planning for next season besic should be getting as much first team time

as possible, Barry is now finished. Barry has had a lot of poor games this season you only have

read these pages hes criticised most weeks on here. and yes I do go to the games.

Barry was a big plus last season but not this.

I must admit I have slight reservations over Besic. I'm not sure he's going to make the grade a lot expect him to make.

That's not to say I don't like him or think he's a decent player but I think some of our fans are expecting him to become a superstar and I don't think he'll get anywhere near close to that.

I must admit I have slight reservations over Besic. I'm not sure he's going to make the grade a lot expect him to make.

That's not to say I don't like him or think he's a decent player but I think some of our fans are expecting him to become a superstar and I don't think he'll get anywhere near close to that.

but surely the only way to find out is to give him a run now, we learn nothing from Barry playing

and if hes not good enough we need to find out now not next season.

I don't think hes a superstar but hes not replacing a superstar, I think hes a useful ball winner in midfield

but surely the only way to find out is to give him a run now, we learn nothing from Barry playing

and if hes not good enough we need to find out now not next season.

I don't think hes a superstar but hes not replacing a superstar, I think hes a useful ball winner in midfield

I agree entirely but some of our fans think we've unearthed the new Matic and I think it's unfair on the lad to have such high expectations of him. One fella who sits by me has him a 50 million player already. He's a good squad player I think thats what he'll only ever be but still excellent value at 4 mil so bery happy to have him

We are stuck with 3 central midfielders (McCarthy, Barry & Besic) who do nothing with the ball - tippy tappy sideways passes and that's been a major factor of our poor form.

We need a proper midfielder in the summer who can go both ways. Even a replica of Gibson who can stay fit

Edited by MC11

We are stuck with 3 central midfielders (McCarthy, Barry & Besic) who do nothing with the ball - tippy tappy sideways passes and that's been a major factor of our poor form.

We need a proper midfielder in the summer who can go both ways. Even a replica of Gibson who can stay fit

I know I will get stick for this but what about jon jo shelvey he can certainly pass a ball

he has a good shot on him and he would be in our price range forget he played for the red shite

I know a lot of them would like him back

on the down side he sees the red mist to often

I still can't understand why a player can't learn to pass forward. I mean, the manager and the players must see the success Gibson has, getting the ball up front. Is it that the players do not have the ability? Or are they simply not being instructed to do so? These are not children. They're skilled footballers. It's not like American football, like we're trying to get an offensive lineman to play quarterback.

Find a striker. Pass it to them.

What am I missing here?