IGNORED

Euro u21 Championships

This needs a thread.

Just watching us vs Portugal. Decent game so far. Portugal look a decent attacking team but we've had a few decent passages. Garbutt looks his usual impressive self and Challobah has shown a decent range in his passing. Kane none existent so far. 0-0 after 30mins.

Lets just say that England did not look like a team worth 5 times as much as the Swedish team.

I think that's a fair statement but at the same time England showed more intent overall and I would say we just about deserved it for this (I'm sure you'll see that as England bias).

We had 2 or 3 clear chances which didn't end up on target, notably Kane and Hughes in the 1st half.

those chances were good. Kanes header was awesome. Shame he didnt get it on target, would have been a cracking goal.

Sweden also had a few good attempts, attempt wise it was an eaven game imo. But sure, England looked like they had more quality but that was also due to Sweden trying to lure England further up the pitch so that they could get a chance or two on the break. Apart from the two attempts before half time, England never looked that dangerous. I thought Sweden defended really well.

I personally think most of the players are tired, have one eye on going to let off steam on holiday and really aren't too bothered, just go through the motions. Pretty much like the senior International team at a world cup.

International football really has become a joke.

Unfortunately true.

International football really has become a joke.

For England it has, but I see many other nations playing with pride and giving it their all. The cops America has been great and Argentina don't look like they are "looking to holiday".

The immense pressure and overhyped nature of your side is its downfall. Expecting a sub par side to be phenomenal is stupid, yet England expects and demands and then derides its side.

For England it has, but I see many other nations playing with pride and giving it their all. The cops America has been great and Argentina don't look like they are "looking to holiday".

The immense pressure and overhyped nature of your side is its downfall. Expecting a sub par side to be phenomenal is stupid, yet England expects and demands and then derides its side.

I just think its a group of egos who are very "careful" with each other. No one wants it bad enough to put themselves in a position where they will give their team mate a dressing down. Its all very chummy. We need a few strong personalities in there.