IGNORED

Dennis Praet

It's not just the time frame that concerns me Matt with 3.5 weeks to go we won't bring in what we need to push on or even keep up with the other sides that have or will strengthen

I'll gladly be vaulted but we won't bring in a forward that could push Lukaku or fill in if need be we won't bring in a number ten that is good enough to be thrown straight in if we even do bring one in which I highly doubt

It'll be a relatively unknown but aged and experienced CB and quite possibly Lennon late in the window and that'll be our lot imo

Edited by EFC-Paul

Won't get the signings to take us forward?! Can I have the lottery numbers for end of August then?

Negotiations can take a year and it's not like our TDD signings have been shite, is it? In fact, is even go so far to say our best buys have come on the last day, if not the last week.

I don't know if anyone has noticed the fixtures we have to play before the window closes? They're pretty hard games and not games you want to go into with little to no creativity. We start the season badly and the players confidence etc will be on the floor and it could put a serious dent in our whole season. I don't care if we leave the CB and striker are left til deadline day, but the number 10 needs to be bought NOW.

All you lot saying let's wait til deadline day are melting my fucking head.

I don't know if anyone has noticed the fixtures we have to play before the window closes? They're pretty hard games and not games you want to go into with little to no creativity. We start the season badly and the players confidence etc will be on the floor and it could put a serious dent in our whole season. I don't care if we leave the CB and striker are left til deadline day, but the number 10 needs to be bought NOW.

All you lot saying let's wait til deadline day are melting my fucking head.

How about you get out of my fucking head.

Won't get the signings to take us forward?! Can I have the lottery numbers for end of August then?

Negotiations can take a year and it's not like our TDD signings have been shite, is it? In fact, is even go so far to say our best buys have come on the last day, if not the last week.

Wild comparison mate the odds are astronomically different being able to judge how a side may fair but I get your point

Nobody said anything about past transfers or windows well I don't think I have anyway but it's about now and we may bring in as I previously said a player late on but I will put my nuts under the wheels of the train I'm driving after transfer deadline day if we bring in any good quality in the following areas a striker a number ten and defensive cover which is what we need to move "forward"

I could well be wrong and I agree it's early days still but I've just got a feeling we will do very little and not what's really needed from now until the window closes and I'm usually one for being fairly positive before the first game of the season

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's just how it is Mark. We were the same under Moyes, it's clearly a financial plan rather than a footballing plan.

Really? I hadn't noticed that and didn't get pissed off about under Moyes either like... Just because it always happens doesn't make it ok.

Honestly Steve, it's an attitude like that that lets the club keep doing things in this amatuerish way. The Echo have really done well, I'll say that.

Not sure how credible this rumor is, but it'd be a shitty transfer. I'm sure Everton have enough sense to realize that.

He's not up for the English competition at all. He's too slow and his insight isn't good enough to make up for it. The kind of guy you'd love to hate on the forums. He's probably better for a minor Italian team. He's definitely way overrated. Remember when buying a player from the Belgian competition, you'll always be charged way too much when he's from Anderlecht as opposed to other Belgian teams. (look at how cheap Aston villa got Benteke or Chelsea got De Bruyne and Courtois, or how little Valencia just paid for Ryan or Sevilla for Bacca when opposed to the kind of prices Anderlecht has charged over the years for the likes of Lukaku) Never buy from Anderlecht.

Edited by Mirallas

No, people have just been saying it's fine to wait til then. It's not ok. Not even near.

there are advantages, there are disadvantages. 1-2 players at the beginning of the window (in addition to the 3 we brought in) wouldn't change the fact most of our opening 5 games are going to be tough. The important thing is that reinforcements are brought in, bringing them in earlier is nice to have in comparison, even if it is a bitch waiting

I'm not saying it's ok Mark. I'm saying we've seen it happen for years, we've moaned about it for years, it's not going to change. We have the same dance every summer.

We all come on here and moan about it, but it won't change. I'd love it to change, it's the need for change that has me still supporting the BU, but these changes won't happen.

I've made probably a few hundred posts on here about the many many things wrong with how our club is run. I'm bored of making the same posts.

I've gone past accepting this is our fate because as a group of fans we have plenty that are happy, id guess the fan base is still split 50:50 in terms of how people feel about the running of the club. I'd probably guess from the 50 who are against probably about 5% would actually be arsed to do something about it. The last protest is still a laughing point for many.

Things will have to get much worse for anything to happen. The TV will probably stop that for a while.

I'm not saying it's ok Mark. I'm saying we've seen it happen for years, we've moaned about it for years, it's not going to change. We have the same dance every summer.

We all come on here and moan about it, but it won't change. I'd love it to change, it's the need for change that has me still supporting the BU, but these changes won't happen.

I've made probably a few hundred posts on here about the many many things wrong with how our club is run. I'm bored of making the same posts.

I've gone past accepting this is our fate because as a group of fans we have plenty that are happy, id guess the fan base is still split 50:50 in terms of how people feel about the running of the club. I'd probably guess from the 50 who are against probably about 5% would actually be arsed to do something about it. The last protest is still a laughing point for many.

Things will have to get much worse for anything to happen. The TV will probably stop that for a while.

Sad but true. I'm not even sure relegation would be "worse" enough. Edited by Romey 1878

Not sure how credible this rumor is, but it'd be a shitty transfer. I'm sure Everton have enough sense to realize that.

He's not up for the English competition at all. He's too slow and his insight isn't good enough to make up for it. The kind of guy you'd love to hate on the forums. He's probably better for a minor Italian team. He's definitely way overrated. Remember when buying a player from the Belgian competition, you'll always be charged way too much when he's from Anderlecht as opposed to other Belgian teams. (look at how cheap Aston villa got Benteke or Chelsea got De Bruyne and Courtois, or how little Valencia just paid for Ryan or Sevilla for Bacca when opposed to the kind of prices Anderlecht has charged over the years for the likes of Lukaku) Never buy from Anderlecht.

Are you saying my Youtube scouting got the wrong conclusions? Having said that looking at other opinions you seem to be in the minority (doesn't mean you are wrong, though).

What about Tielemans?

A couple of season in 17th would get rid of the manager, I think it would take five seasons at 17th before the whole fan base forced a change.

I think you underestimate just how much stupidity there is. If we were relegated I can see the posts now saying "now we can end our 20+ year trophy drought and give Kenwright what he deserves".

Are you saying my Youtube scouting got the wrong conclusions? Having said that looking at other opinions you seem to be in the minority (doesn't mean you are wrong, though).

What about Tielemans?

Tielemans is more talented, but only 18 years old. At the age of 17 he's given a few MOTM performances in the midfield. I'd say he's in the Vincent Kompany category: talented, dominant, a lot of potential, but I think he needs a few years to develop his potential. He might stagnate for a few years and then suddenly explode as a new Yaya Touré. That sort of player. He's a box-to-box midfielder whereas Praet is an attacking midfielder.

Praet will probably end up as one of those players who gets a nice expensive transfer, but only gets to play rarely and after 2 seasons heads back to anonymity with Anderlecht. Probably. Don't mistake him for another De Bruyne.

I think you underestimate just how much stupidity there is. If we were relegated I can see the posts now saying "now we can end our 20+ year trophy drought and give Kenwright what he deserves".

Yeh defo a MikeO post that. It never rains

You're all doom and gloom these days. Stay off the internet for a few weeks and do something that brings you happiness until deadline day passes.

Somebody should call to check in on Romey periodically. Bit worried about him!

When I have a reason to not be doom and gloom about Everton I'll have a sunny disposition. It's not like it's unwarranted is it?

When I have a reason to not be doom and gloom about Everton I'll have a sunny disposition. It's not like it's unwarranted is it?

Feeling down and being angry about our apparent lack of ambition is fine. But, the window isn't over yet! Sorry to single you out, but every post I've read from you in the past day or so is just plain dark.

Before you say anything, yes I'm also very pissed that we've known what we would need for an eternity, we have a tough run of games to start the season, and we have been dragging our feet in the market. Something will come through for us, and we will make good on this season. I've got a good feeling (regardless of the available evidence).