Pre-season Friendlies 2015-16

c1982

What will this formation look like?

My guess (probably wrong):

Howard

Coleman Browning Jags Galloway

Deulofeu McCarthy Barkley Pienaar

Naismith Kone

OR back 3 of Browning, Jags, Galloway with Coleman and Peanuts as wing backs. McCarthy as a sitter, with Barkley and Deulofeu as attacking mids. And then Naisy and Kone up front.

Surely we don't need 2 DMs today. Maybe Roberto will actually "experiment" with a single DM. So ......

.................................. Howard .................................

Coleman ..... Browning ..... Jagielka ....... Galloway

.......................McCarthy ........................................

......................................... Barkley ........................

Deulofeu ................................................... Pienaar

................................ Naismith ...............................

................................... Kone ..................................

My post above (#4) was a prediction, not a description of what I was seeing, as I'm not watching the match.

I would be interested in knowing whether McCarthy mostly stays back, whether Barkley mostly gets forward with plenty of open space in front of him, and whether Naismith the poacher gets to poach rather than pretend to be a #10.

Keep the comments coming, those of you (few??) watching.

My post above (#4) was a prediction, not a description of what I was seeing, as I'm not watching the match.

I would be interested in knowing whether McCarthy mostly stays back, whether Barkley mostly gets forward with plenty of open space in front of him, and whether Naismith the poacher gets to poach rather than pretend to be a #10.

Keep the comments coming, those of you (few??) watching.

Both are getting forward, though Ross is getting forward more often. The issue he's having is that Naisy isn't exactly inventive with his movement into space today. Everything is getting congested up there. Deulofeu has made himself consistently available for the ball. He's quieted down a bit since he switched from right to left with Pienaar though.

Stream just went down as we were taking a corner. Great.

Galloway at left back is really having a difficult time linking with the attacking play. Him and Pienaar aren't clicking. You can see Pienaar screaming inside his own head for Galloway to make a little run. But he's just standing there like he can't make his mind up.

Kone's brain has been really progressive, but his feet really haven't helped him out.

were playng some tidy stuff, Elstons formation is pretty much spot on, Ross playing well, Gerry looking sharp. young boys at the back looks good and Kone actually doing well - although his final ball has been very very poor.

Edited by Btay

Jags is lucky that this is a preseason friendly against Swindon. He's been caught sleeping a few times. Not what we want to see from our captain.

Yeah, sluggish brain!

Only caught the last 10 mins. Cracking run forward by Galloway was the only impressive thing I saw

Yeah, sluggish brain!

Only caught the last 10 mins. Cracking run forward by Galloway was the only impressive thing I saw

Galloway has been good, but Browning for me has been a bit better, few good tackles and a good block early on.

Think were actually going to be quite dangerous, throw Kev out wide left, Peanuts in the centre with Gerry out wide and we could be on there