IGNORED

Spurs (Away)

markjazzbassist

Pre-match issues include: impact of ET from Wed night, who starts at LB, away fans' support for Stones.

Once the starting lineup is determined, the main thing I will look at on the pitch is the crispness of our passing, compared to Spurs' passing. It's a passing game, yes? No matter how much talent we appear to have, if that talent doesn't produce good passing, we look disheveled, confused, incompetent. Crisp passing includes not repeatedly giving the ball away, a fair amount of one-touch football, picking out the right target, and good control by the target of the pass, especially but not limited to Lukaku.

I don't know that we need to "win" the possession-% statistic, but when we have possession, we must be smooth not sloppy.

here you go .... I say again who would play barry at FB when we have 0viedo.

line-ups_zpsucrfdvnq.jpg

Pretty clear what RM's first choice XI is then, bar left back. Remember this wasn't the team that started at Barnsley and played so poorly first half.

On paper we're a much better side than that Spurs XI, I'm worrief about Oviedo though, he was exposed Wednesday. And surely Geri has earned himself a decent run out.

Kev or Deulofeu should be starting today, and McCarthy should be dropped so that Barkley can play from deep. I'd be tempted not to have Barry as well and play Cleverley alongside Barkley. Bit too adventurous for Roberto to start that way though.

I'll be very disappointed if Martinez has completely ignored the Barnsley game and just reverts back to the same old, same old.

Kev or Deulofeu should be starting today, and McCarthy should be dropped so that Barkley can play from deep. I'd be tempted not to have Barry as well and play Cleverley alongside Barkley. Bit too adventurous for Roberto to start that way though.

I'll be very disappointed if Martinez has completely ignored the Barnsley game and just reverts back to the same old, same old.

The same old being Kone and Cleverley on opposite wings? Will be very pissed off if the case.

McGeady doesn't even make the bench. Thank fuck.

Strong lineup. Would have possibly switched Clevs with James and then replaced James with Mirallas. He deserves the start.

I'd have put Barry at LB (Oviedo with 120 mins after not playing in eons and looked behind the game against a league 1 side). Could have started Gerry (who only played 2nd half plus extra time) and brought Kev on as a sub.

I'd have put Barry at LB (Oviedo with 120 mins after not playing in eons and looked behind the game against a league 1 side). Could have started Gerry (who only played 2nd half plus extra time) and brought Kev on as a sub.

in the pre-match interview yesterday RM said the next morning after barnsley he was very interested to see how oviedo was but he said he was fully recovered and practiced really well so he's not worried about him being tired.

i think oviedo is desparate for a chance to prove himself after the injury and emergence of garbutt, he's going to be playing out of his skin till baines is back.

in the pre-match interview yesterday RM said the next morning after barnsley he was very interested to see how oviedo was but he said he was fully recovered and practiced really well so he's not worried about him being tired.

i think oviedo is desparate for a chance to prove himself after the injury and emergence of garbutt, he's going to be playing out of his skin till baines is back.

He was playing without his brain and legs on Wednesday, which is what has me worried. I want to see him succeed. He's one of my favorite players in the squad. He just needs more time to get up to speed and Barry would be a better stop-gap right now I feel.