IGNORED

Spurs (Away)

markjazzbassist

.....................Howard.................

Coleman...Stones...Jags...Barry

......McCarthy......Cleverley.........

Deulofeu......Barkley.....Mirallas

.....................Lukaku..................

Like that although I have voiced my concern about Barry playing left back. I've been wrong once before so see how he does.

The rest is exactly the same lineup I would go for.

Given ET on Wednesday i could see this

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Barry

McCarthy Cleverley

Deulofeu Barkley Kone

Lukaku

No chance Oviedo/Besic start. Dont have much choice at LB. Cant see Mirallas starting after 110mins.

Whats the deal with ozzie? Not listed on injury list but wasnt included in 18 yesterday. Anyone find that strange?

Howard

McCarthy Cleverley

Deulofeu Barkley Kone

Lukaku

No chance Oviedo/Besic start. Dont have much choice at LB. Cant see Mirallas starting after 110mins.

Whats the deal with ozzie? Not listed on injury list but wasnt included in 18 yesterday. Anyone find that strange?

Not really. He's old and when you have mirallas and Gerry on the bench why go with ossie? Need room for the gk cb and strikers on the bench as well. I think ossie will get a match here or there when injuries strike but I think this is his last season.

Guest rusty747

Howard

McCarthy Cleverley

Deulofeu Barkley Kone

Lukaku

I would see how Kev recovers after Barnsley with a view to starting him instead of Kone as I think he will track back better and help Barry out more at left back. Otherwise, I would love to see that team start.

Guest rusty747

Oviedo was badly caught out ball watching against Barnsley on several occasions. Spurs would rip him a new one. Barry is slower but his brain is worth that missing yard of pace. If Barry is told not to venture too far forward and Mirallas tracks back to support him then I think it works better than having Oviedo at left back. It also allows Cleverley to partner McCarthy in the dm role, leaving Gerry, Ross and Kev to support Rom.

A point at White Hart isn't a bad result lets not forget, if we go with Gerry/Kev out wide they nullify the fullbacks getting forward, Gerry more so, keep a solid back 4 perhaps Barry isn't a bad shout with high energy from McCarthy/cleverly and let Ross, Gerry, Kev and Rom create.

Geri deserves a start given his League Cup performance. Not sure he can play 90 minutes though, so if RM starts him, he needs to have a plan B for the last 15-20 minutes. Wouldn't mind seeing Mirallas for Kone but I've felt like Lukaku has been more effective with Kone in the game. LB could be an issue but I don't think there is an easy solution.

I've watched almost as much Spurs as I have Everton this season. They look like us last year--punchless and passionless. Kane looks helpless up front and they can't seem to keep a lead. They have to be a little fragile mentally. If we can come out with energy, purpose and creativity, I think we can break their spirit. (And really, Kane was incredibly lucky to score the amount he scored last season.) We have the potential to win the game and win it easily if we come prepared and focused.

Just a thought, if we're worried about Barry's pace at left back, could McCarthy do a job there short term? He does all his best work covering defensively anyway, he'll run all day and is quicker than Barry. Wouldn't offer much going forward, but Galloway didn't either.

Apparently Stones is set to start. I have deep reservations about that decision.

I don't, if he's here for the long haul then he might as well be playing. I think it would be worse to drop him and give the lad time to think.

Keep him playing and it will all blow over.

Edited by milesey05

Away from home is ideal. It will be put to bed now. He may warrant a slight bump in wages but other than that business as usual.

home would be better for me. 36 thousand fans getting behind him instead of 6k would be great for him. Plus, I'm a little concerned after the Barnsley antics of one or two of the dixkheads in our away support.