IGNORED

Who could/will take us to the next level?

Deacs

I know a lot of you guys believe Martinez is the right man for the job, but I was just wondering who the doubters (myself included) would choose for the job if he goes in the not to distant future.

No pie in the sky fairy tale picks though, with the best will in the world we're not getting Pep.

Difficult one this as we might no be able to attract a real top class proven manager, saying that the premier league is seen as the place to be by many.

With that in mind possibly De Boer ?

On the home front Eddie Howe looks to be doing a great job at Bournemouth and plays in the right style or even someone like Karanka from Boro also Hasselbaink who seems to be well thought of although he is one for the future and has only just gone to QPR.

Other than that it's fantasy land for the likes of Simeone

Edited by Sherpa

I'd prefer an older proven coach. The young got shots doesn't always work out - Brenda, RM, laudrup, etc. with the likes of Flores ranieri pardew etc doing well id like someone like that. Biesla only one I can think of right now but I think the older guys are trying to prove their worth to te world they are just trying to win. Pride and stubbornness isn't as much of an issue.

Thought I'd have a gander at some old stats.

Pre-Christmas 1983 we were sixteenth in the league with twenty-two points from seventeen games and had taken six in the previous six (and God we were shite).

Now we're tenth with twenty-three points from seventeen games and have taken seven from the last six.

Calls for the manager to be sacked back then were far more deafening than they are today. I'm glad we didn't.

Just saying.

Guest rusty747

Hoddle can coach a team to defend as well as attack. Martinez' idea of defence is just to score more goals through slick attacking than we concede from dumb defending.

I've championed Hoddle in general football chatter for the England job again at some point down the line for ages I'd be very happy to have him here at some point in the future as long as he keeps on the straight

He's a very astute and forward thinking football man with a refreshing approach to playing yy

Hoddle? Fucking Hoddle?! Jesus fucking fucknut. Ignoring his incompetence when it comes to comentating, and his ridiculous beliefs,what has he actually accomplished in the modern game. Or ever as a manager.

There aren't enough words to explain my dismay and disbelief at the thought.

Hoddle? Fucking Hoddle?! Jesus fucking fucknut. Ignoring his incompetence when it comes to comentating, and his ridiculous beliefs,what has he actually accomplished in the modern game. Or ever as a manager.

There aren't enough words to explain my dismay and disbelief at the thought.

Depends on your own personal opinion of his commentating and views on football myself personally I think he speaks alot of sense and his views on youth etc are refreshing IMO

He's well known to be a forward thinking football man he's been talking of introducing a more continental style of football over here for over a decade hence his courtship from the FA and others to help develop players

There are some terrible names floating about for a potential new manager. I seen Pulis mentioned the other day! Big Dunc too.

I dont think we are in Dream land to get a big name manager tbh, as we pay well and job security comes with being a manager at Everton. We would never attract a 'Mourinho' as he needs a big budget to succeed but there are other top managers who we would be perfect for their first Job in England.

Koeman went to Saints so why cant we attract a big name? Simeone or De Boer could be a perfect fit, first job in England, where else would they realistically go? City & Chelsea will fight it our for Guardiola, UTD i think would be too big for both which leaves Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs (Pochettino would have been a great pick).

Everton deserves a different kind of manager to the usual names floating about.