IGNORED

Sheik Takeover

I am City fan I come in peace.

With the possible takeover of your club by normal business people by the looks of it I was wondering how you would feel. If this takeover fails but you got a Sheik. Also wondering what your thoughts are on the fact that you could perhaps have got Mansour had Kenwright allowed the due diligence. Kenwright is very highly rated yet this fact alone is surely a big big negative.

Everton is like a family, still has a club feeling rather than a franchise. You can't put a value on that. Would stop supporting if we had a city style takeover. Just wouldn't be the same team.

I used to live near main road, city lost a lot of fans. It's not the same team, new badge, new stadium that is hard to get to and makes you now live closer to your main rival, and 11 new players every year. The fans went from supporting a team with passion, to getting more joy out of taking the piss out of the United fans.

That said they have done wonders regenerating Manchester, which I'd be most grateful if Liverpool got that kind of investment.

With the possible takeover of your club by normal business people by the looks of it I was wondering how you would feel. If this takeover fails but you got a Sheik. Also wondering what your thoughts are on the fact that you could perhaps have got Mansour had Kenwright allowed the due diligence. Kenwright is very highly rated yet this fact alone is surely a big big negative.

The only way I can cope with NDA fiasco with Staverley/Mansour is to think that Mansour would have bought City due to the stadium anyway...

Because in reality, missing out on Mansour would be a bigger own goal than missing out on Kings Dock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

still lead your lot by 7 trophies so can't be that bad.

He's not trolling, I think he raises a very good point.

Dude to financial fair play and the like the days of big money coming in and transforming a club are over. If we were bought by King Henry and wiped out debts and have the Royal Navy pay 500m for rights to advertise it would be agaisnt FFP. City PSG Barca etc all got away with this before that went down and are grandfathered into it. Chelsea not. They had to sell some big guys recently because they don't have the scam marketing deal with the owners company which adds 300m to the books each year.

I want the right owner. Everton lover and someone who will give their own money to the club but also manage it well financially and soundly.

Dude to financial fair play and the like the days of big money coming in and transforming a club are over. If we were bought by King Henry and wiped out debts and have the Royal Navy pay 500m for rights to advertise it would be agaisnt FFP. City PSG Barca etc all got away with this before that went down and are grandfathered into it. Chelsea not. They had to sell some big guys recently because they don't have the scam marketing deal with the owners company which adds 300m to the books each year.

I want the right owner. Everton lover and someone who will give their own money to the club but also manage it well financially and soundly.

That leaves Lord Grantchester and I don't think he's too bothered.

I want a person of business who makes sound decisions - that drives good performance and thats for the fans to enjoy on the pitch. We don't need an Everton fan, we have enough of them.

That leaves Lord Grantchester and I don't think he's too bothered.

I want a person of business who makes sound decisions - that drives good performance and thats for the fans to enjoy on the pitch. We don't need an Everton fan, we have enough of them.

yes i agree but i still want someone who values the club. the fear with the americans is its just another business in the portfolio to make more money off, they could care less about trophies and doing well they just want profits and profit margin.

i want someone who cares about sport and wants to win. but i agree Haf, a sound CEO with financial dealings and proper negotiation skills for marketing deals and sponsorship would be great.

Dixie Dean. I really do not think our fans care much about the change of badge or stadium.

I think Our current owner pays more attention to the fans than any other owner we have had or perhaps many at any other clubs. We have the Fanzone, Low ticket prices, Former players have bigger roles at the club than under other owners, Community work has gone from strength to strength. We had an attempt to get women on side only for it to go as sexist, We have the Citizens membership thingy, better facilities, more emphasis on the academy, a womens team,more info meetings and contact with club staff and the best free online content of any club anywhere.

City did not get away with anything if anything we where done over

City did not get away with anything if anything we where done over

your penalty was a fine which was given back after being limited to spending 49m in a transfer window and having 8+ english players. the fact you didn't have 8 english players itself says enough about your club and academy. comical you thought you were done over. the 3rd goal allowed last night was being done over.

Edited by markjazzbassist

American Evertonian.

What about the Penalty we where denied against you lot ? What about the foul on KDB last night ? The countless elbows and sly fouls last night that you got away with ? The foul on Aguero leading to your goal ? or the other couple of penalties we have been denied in recent weeks and months ?

We had a fine (well actually prize money withheld I think) and spend limit the fine was reduced when we met targets. We had our squad size limited.

Our new facility is less than 2 years old. We are smashing most clubs at most age groups. We have more kids more expert coaches stats people etc. We promise our kids private schooling from the day they join till the age of 18 regardless of weather they are let go by the club before then.

We had have played Kelechi Iheanacho (19) Agelino (19) has been on the bench Cameron Humphries CB played pre season aged (16) and has been on the bench. Bersant Celina (19) has had his debut. Denayer will play role next year after a second successful loan playing in the champions league.

Was brought in to protect the G14 cartel FFP is facing legal challenges. City nearly joined in but where warned of by sponsors because failure to comply would result in being banned from champions league resulting in big damages. City had assurances they where within the spend limits they where done on technicality treated the same as PSG despite having less issues better business model making more effort etc.

American Evertonian.

What about the Penalty we where denied against you lot ? What about the foul on KDB last night ? The countless elbows and sly fouls last night that you got away with ? The foul on Aguero leading to your goal ? or the other couple of penalties we have been denied in recent weeks and months ?

We had a fine (well actually prize money withheld I think) and spend limit the fine was reduced when we met targets. We had our squad size limited.

Our new facility is less than 2 years old. We are smashing most clubs at most age groups. We have more kids more expert coaches stats people etc. We promise our kids private schooling from the day they join till the age of 18 regardless of weather they are let go by the club before then.

We had have played Kelechi Iheanacho (19) Agelino (19) has been on the bench Cameron Humphries CB played pre season aged (16) and has been on the bench. Bersant Celina (19) has had his debut. Denayer will play role next year after a second successful loan playing in the champions league.

Was brought in to protect the G14 cartel FFP is facing legal challenges. City nearly joined in but where warned of by sponsors because failure to comply would result in being banned from champions league resulting in big damages. City had assurances they where within the spend limits they where done on technicality treated the same as PSG despite having less issues better business model making more effort etc.

You know how to kick a man when he's down

C'mon, don't let this turn into a to and thro argument Mark. The bloke came with clear good intentions.

What's happened at City...well, it could have been any club. I think the real City fans will happily acknowledge they got lucky. It is what it is.

By the way, in terms of youth development...Everton are a leading club. U18's...if we win our 2 games in hand, we are right with you lot at the top! Finch Farm set the standard for other facilities.

To your question...I wouldn't mind a Sheik so long as they kept the fabric of the club. It's a tough one because plenty of fans don't want much to change but most seem to want a new stadium...which will mean a big change!!! Ideally, we'd get another Kenwright but one with some money and/or more business balls about him.

Something will happen at some point. Kenwright is on his way out...I'm quite fearful of some of the rumours floating around.

I am 23 year old lad very offended :) Thanks for recognizing that I am genuine.

One point I would like to make. Which I made on another Everton Forum before being banned for being wind up merchant. Is MCFC have a unique business model which means the group of companies will be richer than any club in football in my opinion

I am 23 year old lad very offended :) Thanks for recognizing that I am genuine.

One point I would like to make. Which I made on another Everton Forum before being banned for being wind up merchant. Is MCFC have a unique business model which means the group of companies will be richer than any club in football in my opinion

Listen, let's not push our luck here!!!

Anybody who knows football knows that the owners of City have worked the system brilliantly. That includes shifting a good portion of club salary to one of their companies to comply with FFP rules. That also includes hugely inflated self sponsorship deals etc. And that's just the way it is. And that's just like any business...if there is a loophole, it gets exploited.

I'm not really bothered about City. It's all about Everton for me.

Personally, I am open to the US takeover. The group got a stadium built in San Diego for the Padres and that is Everton's biggest need. I am quite biased, obviously, because I'm an American, but there is huge room for growth for soccer in the US (especially if you believe, like I do, that American football is at its apex, and is likely to fall in popularity because it contributes to the death of the people that play it). I would hope that an American ownership group would try to leverage that demand in ways that would increase the financial strength of the club.

Dixie Dean.

Our scouts and top office staff work for City Football Group, City Football marketing, and City Football Services, They work for Manchester City Men and Women Melbourne City Men and Women New York City They are doing some stuff in China and They probably work with partner clubs and even an FA. This all takes up time, wages and infrastructure City are then Charged for this in the last lot of accounts the charges amounted to 11 million I think. It is standard practice in other big corporation who have other companies within there group to do this it was signed of by a multinational auditing firm and UEFA As where are supposed related party deals which where not shown as related party by either UEFA or our Auditors but PSGs where. Your argument essentially amounts to calling these people lairs,cheats and criminals on a public forum. That they pretended that these deals where not related and that City where not undercharged for these services this has legal and tax implications above and beyond that of FFP and essentially Mansour change down his sofa.

By the way the deals that are supposedly related party deals about to less than 15% of revenue according to some City fans. Our Etihad deal is 35 million for Shirt Academy Stadium and over 200 acres of land which will at some point be turned into a leisure attraction of international significance according to more than rumours. Liverpool get 25 million for shirt despite no champions league . Arsenals deal is now in line with ours despite offering stadium and shirt only and less success on the pitch perhaps till this season in recent years. United get 45 million for Shirt and about 20 for Academy even though its out of the way and did get some for there training gear.

Now sorry if that sounds very brutal but it really get on City fans nerves.

Dixie Dean.

Our scouts and top office staff work for City Football Group, City Football marketing, and City Football Services, They work for Manchester City Men and Women Melbourne City Men and Women New York City They are doing some stuff in China and They probably work with partner clubs and even an FA. This all takes up time, wages and infrastructure City are then Charged for this in the last lot of accounts the charges amounted to 11 million I think. It is standard practice in other big corporation who have other companies within there group to do this it was signed of by a multinational auditing firm and UEFA As where are supposed related party deals which where not shown as related party by either UEFA or our Auditors but PSGs where. Your argument essentially amounts to calling these people lairs,cheats and criminals on a public forum. That they pretended that these deals where not related and that City where not undercharged for these services this has legal and tax implications above and beyond that of FFP and essentially Mansour change down his sofa.

By the way the deals that are supposedly related party deals about to less than 15% of revenue according to some City fans. Our Etihad deal is 35 million for Shirt Academy Stadium and over 200 acres of land which will at some point be turned into a leisure attraction of international significance according to more than rumours. Liverpool get 25 million for shirt despite no champions league . Arsenals deal is now in line with ours despite offering stadium and shirt only and less success on the pitch perhaps till this season in recent years. United get 45 million for Shirt and about 20 for Academy even though its out of the way and did get some for there training gear.

Now sorry if that sounds very brutal but it really get on City fans nerves.

Ricko, the person's forum name is found in the blue/grey bar above the profile pic, not directly above it. That is a forum status name, given to most members, so your response might be misconceived.

For example, my name isn't "Premature, Know It All, Mozambique Second Division Scout"

Edited by Lowensda

You lost me at this point...

Your argument essentially amounts to calling these people lairs,cheats and criminals on a public forum

All I've actually said is that they are business men who have exploited loopholes like all business men do.

If somehow you take that as them being liars, cheats and criminals...then that's maybe something you already have on your mind because I certainly wasn't thinking along those lines.

At the end of the day, whatever you want to naively and blinfly think, they've worked the system to comply with FFP. But that's not their fault, or your fault, they've just out thought UEFA. And anybody else would do the same.

There's a bit in here, but more so about 'the loophole'....

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/matt-scott/16005-matt-scott-man-city-s-ffp-friendly-accounts-could-take-football-down-a-rabbit-hole

Loopholes are often not really loopholes they exist for a reason think of tax loopholes which exist to increase investment and savings etc.

What loopholes are you saying actually exist ?

Why should these loopholes not exist ?

I have dealt with how there is no loophole regarding related party inflated sponsorship or contracting out services to parent companies