IGNORED

Chelsea (Home FA Cup) Saturday March 12

markjazzbassist

Late to the party as I dont check in on the weekend. Just two quick notes:

1. I'm consistently the over-positive one on this board and I will keep that going. These games are why being an Everton fan is so special. Family, atmosphere, effort, courage. When those things combine into one performance I just sit there in complete and sheer delight. I dont want billions of dollars, i dont want diego costa ability, eden hazard ability, john terry ability, mesut ozil ability, yaya toure ability, raheem sterling ability etc. More than anything, more than any trophy, i want players who pull on the blue shirt with pride and show their effort on the pitch. Trophies are short term examples of superiority. Family, atmosphere, effort, courage are lifelong endeavors only the best achieve.

2. That was the best performance by a match official i can remember. take a bow michael oliver, that was a proper job.

Late to the party as I dont check in on the weekend. Just two quick notes:

1. I'm consistently the over-positive one on this board and I will keep that going. These games are why being an Everton fan is so special. Family, atmosphere, effort, courage. When those things combine into one performance I just sit there in complete and sheer delight. I dont want billions of dollars, i dont want diego costa ability, eden hazard ability, john terry ability, mesut ozil ability, yaya toure ability, raheem sterling ability etc. More than anything, more than any trophy, i want players who pull on the blue shirt with pride and show their effort on the pitch. Trophies are short term examples of superiority. Family, atmosphere, effort, courage are lifelong endeavors only the best achieve.

2. That was the best performance by a match official i can remember. take a bow michael oliver, that was a proper job.

Phenomenal post!

I had stop reading that Chelsea forum due to all the blocked swearing.

I read it all the way through and found it almost identical to the Liverpool website I read through ONCE. Moaned about everything, the ref, the crowd, the Everton players, the Chelsea bad luck, the Everton good luck, the penalties they should have had, Barry should have been sent off earlier, Lukaku's second was offside.........could go on. Totally delusional.

Hadn't visited the Shed End before. Delightful.

A few faves:

This before the game:

Fearing the worst.
Going out to a Lukaku winner will put a mouldy cherry on top of this woeful season.

This before half time:

Costa's booking really was pathetic stuff from everton. If any of our players went in like barry did on costa or faked injury like that we would never hear the end of it.

This at FT:

I pity the cleaner at Goodison having to clean up all that jizz in the commentary box...

• 3 weeks later...