IGNORED

Graziano Pelle

He's made a good account of himself overall his hold up and link play has been great he could be a great foil for Lukaku both offer complete opposites to each other roll them together and you've got the complete forward

That's the only way I want him - as the main striker's donkey so to speak. Whether that's Rom or someone else if he leaves I'm not really bothered, but there's no way we should consider him as a number 1 striker.

I see him as an option for another reason.... Ross Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu. Each one of those a goal threat.

How many times have we been unable to advance them because Rom isn't good enough at retention and lay offs? It's not that he can't do it... it's that it's a gamble. He simply can't consistently control and look after the thing.

Pelle has allowed the Italians to advance their midfielders because of his excellent hold up play. We may actually score from set pieces too.

I see him as an option for another reason.... Ross Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu. Each one of those a goal threat.

How many times have we been unable to advance them because Rom isn't good enough at retention and lay offs? It's not that he can't do it... it's that it's a gamble. He simply can't consistently control and look after the thing.

Pelle has allowed the Italians to advance their midfielders because of his excellent hold up play. We may actually score from set pieces too.

Agree ??

At his age he should be aiming to still play here or in one of Europe's other top leagues before making the mega money move, he's still got plenty of time left pending injuries...

Saying that although I'd have liked him here for abit less then that quoted if he does go you can't blame him/them for taking the money

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10496118/graziano-pelle-leaving-southampton-for-china-sky-sources

Skype sources official now.

With the world cup he's had, and as a man currently in his prime I can only describe that as a waste of talent.

Best of luck to him, but players that go to these poor poor leagues (that aren't mid 30's) for the money, for me, have absolutely no drive or sense of determination in a career aspect.

He's on like £350k a week.

Just a completely different world.

We'd have offered him £80k (give or take). So don't blame him, at the end of his career. Glad we missed out on him in some ways though, shows where his priorities are I suppose?

Just seen the figures he'll be earning $50k a day etc absolutely frightening, it's a shame to see players go for the money but when it's that kind of wedge for playing in such a piss poor league you can't blame them

Just seen the figures he'll be earning $50k a day etc absolutely frightening, it's a shame to see players go for the money but when it's that kind of wedge for playing in such a piss poor league you can't blame them

He earns far more in a day than I earn in a year.

I was better than my mates who went on and now play for Premiership clubs :(

Shame that, in all seriousness I was never a rugby player. I played football for my primary school team and was one of the better players so was a bit shocked when I moved up to secondary and found I was crap, big fish in a little pool to small fish in a big pool.

So I tried rugby because nobody had played it before so none of us knew what we were doing; was selected as hooker for our first game against a team who did know what they were doing, thought my neck was going to break! Moved to the wing with a bit more success, but not much.

Table tennis was my game, safer :P. Still many medals somewhere in the attic.

Shame that, in all seriousness I was never a rugby player. I played football for my primary school team and was one of the better players so was a bit shocked when I moved up to secondary and found I was crap, big fish in a little pool to small fish in a big pool.

So I tried rugby because nobody had played it before so none of us knew what we were doing; was selected as hooker for our first game against a team who did know what they were doing, thought my neck was going to break! Moved to the wing with a bit more success, but not much.

Table tennis was my game, safer :P. Still many medals somewhere in the attic.

Pig skin boots and leather casies mate? :P