IGNORED

Cristian Tello

Guest Nikica

He's a nice player but his main style of play is using his searing pace to get past his full-back and run onto a slide-rule through ball, before opening his body up and dispatching it into the net. It's a bit one-dimensional to be honest and I don'r see him as a particularly effective passer, dribbler or link-up player. As he's been playing with Messi and Iniesta the aforementioned style works well for him. What players do you have who you think could provide these balls between the RB and RCB for him? I'm not being snarky when I say that, it's a genuine question. McCarthy might be able to do it when he advances up the park.

I don't think he's a particularly special player, but he is talented and - as stated above - he may look like a different player in a new system. He is after all playing among guys like Iniesta, Pedro, Xavi and Messi - hard to stand out in that company.

But he certainly has some quality and deserves his opportunity in the PL, if it materialises.

Guest Nikica

Fair point. I rate most of them tbh.

I would expect McGeady to be playing on the opposite side but he can still come in and play a diagonal through ball. I was thinking more of players in midfield who could do it in a heartbeat. Barkley would be the main one.

FWIW, I think Tello would do well at Everton. His pace and generally good finishing are huge assets. I'd like to see more to his game though.

Edited by Nikica

Fair point. I rate most of them tbh.

I would expect McGeady to be playing on the opposite side but he can still come on. I was thinking more of players in midfield who could do it in a heartbeat. Barkley would be the main one.

FWIW, I think Tello would do well at Everton. His pace and generally good finishing are huge assets. I'd like to see more to his game though.

thats what Chelsea wanted from Lukaku ;)

Guest Nikica

thats what Chelsea wanted from Lukaku ;)

You know I quite like Lukaku. I'm somewhere in the middle of yours and Hafnia's viewpoints. I'd like to see him develop more to his game too, as I have said. I believe he has the potential to, but sometimes it seems like not much progress is being made. But that's another argument, for another thread. Lol.

You know I quite like Lukaku. I'm somewhere in the middle of yours and Hafnia's viewpoints. I'd like to see him develop more to his game too, as I have said. I believe he has the potential to, but sometimes it seems like not much progress is being made. But that's another argument, for another thread. Lol.

it is indeed

luakuku is only a kid!

• 2 weeks later...

screw him then, we don't need him, just trying to help the lad and if he doesn't want playing time and increased demand for his services? then he ain't bright, good luck on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Away from Chelsea, in more placid waters, both Everton and Liverpool are being linked with Cristian Tello, an explosively fast Barcelona winger who is currently in the second half of a two-year loan spell at Porto. A fringe player at Barcelona who made almost 60 appearances in three seasons under Pep Guardiola, Tello has featured prominently on the radar of both clubs in the past and is understood to have big fans in Jürgen Klopp and Roberto Martínez.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/03/football-transfer-rumours

• 2 months later...
VIOLA SNAP UP TELLO
Barcelona have announced that forward Cristian Tello will join Italian side Fiorentina on loan until the end of the current campaign, bringing his current loan agreement with Porto to an end.
The 24-year-old joined the Portuguese outfit in the summer of 2014 on a two-year deal and made 33 appearances in all competitions last term.
Tello has played 19 times in total this season, scoring two goals.
A statement on Barcelona's official website said: "FC Barcelona and ACF Fiorentina have reached an agreement for the loan of Cristian Tello until 30 June 2016, once his current loan agreement until the end of the season with FC Porto is rescinded."

• 4 months later...