IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

Getting booed by Belgium fans already.

Apparently it's VERY Everton in style and performance.

Yeah it was exactly like what it was for the past 2 years at Everton. It's a bit odd, cause it's unlikely to see Martinez' style already after a few days of training... but it was like: the Belgians were always playing densely together around the ball to give the Spaniards less space, but that also left a lot of space in the back and they kinda forgot to open up the play again once in posession. It seemed like no one really knew or cared what their role was. Individually, Hazard was superb, but he didn't receive the ball enough or the others didn't combine well enough to be effective. (De Bruyne was terrible) Same for Carrasco who showed a lot of good will, but was always took on 3 or 4 Spaniards on his own. Meunier was good too. Other than that, they played like a pub team.

Spain wasn't even good. I felt like if Belgium played like they did against Hungary, that it would have been another 4-0 victory.

Probably a "power" move to show him who's boss...

may be an element of paranoia - he also dropped mirallas. Its highly unlikely that he will think that those two will give him a good press to their team mates.

Belgium needed a manager who would smash tea cups. I do quite like the idea of Thierry Henry working with two of our forward players though.

may be an element of paranoia - he also dropped mirallas. Its highly unlikely that he will think that those two will give him a good press to their team mates.

Belgium needed a manager who would smash tea cups. I do quite like the idea of Thierry Henry working with two of our forward players though.

Henry working with Rom and Mirallas is the only good that can come of this.

From what I hear on Henry on Sky he seems to talk shit most of the time so I was surprised by the appointment.

I don't really get what the fuss is about Martinez's first game. He has had the players for a few days, they were only playing a friendly and they were against one of the best teams in the World (the same also applied to Spain). Belgium were shite in the Euros and Mirallas and Lukaku were probably just dropped because he knows all about them already and wanted to look at others in a game.

From what I hear on Henry on Sky he seems to talk shit most of the time so I was surprised by the appointment.

I don't really get what the fuss is about Martinez's first game. He has had the players for a few days, they were only playing a friendly and they were against one of the best teams in the World (the same also applied to Spain). Belgium were shite in the Euros and Mirallas and Lukaku were probably just dropped because he knows all about them already and wanted to look at others in a game.

i agree. plus it would have been 1-0 if J Lukaku wasn't dumb. his foul for the penalty was awful.

Somewhat double standards when people suggest hist first season success at Everton was down to Moyes but his first game for Belgium was all his fault :dont know: .

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...