IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah he gets drunk on his own reputation is what I was getting at.  

I meant he has his head so buried in his philosophy that he doesn’t see the glaringly obvious. I used to think he was just too proud or stubborn to change when things go wrong, but in hindsight I think he just doesn’t see it. If he did, I honestly think he’d be up there with the worlds best coaches 

16 hours ago, Matt said:

I meant he has his head so buried in his philosophy that he doesn’t see the glaringly obvious. I used to think he was just too proud or stubborn to change when things go wrong, but in hindsight I think he just doesn’t see it. If he did, I honestly think he’d be up there with the worlds best coaches 

I rather suspect he might be the sort of person who doesn't do something if he doesn't fully understand the sense of doing so. So even if a certain action is often done by other managers or seems vaguely to him that it might even make sense, I think he may be the sort of guy who won't do it unless he fully, for 100% understands the logic behind doing so within the strategy he has set out.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6337869/How-Roberto-Martinez-turned-managerial-career-around.html

Would get him off our paybill, can only hope! 

Wonder whether Lukaku will follow him if he does? :fishing:

Zidane was a magician getting that squad to perform.  There isn’t a lot of quality there now and bale is not showing up.  Squad needs a serious overhaul.  Unless he’s given time and a couple windows, which is doubtful seeing how quickly they fired lopetegui, I don’t see it working.

a death wish that job.  Proves how amazing zidane was to get them winning CL.

On 03/11/2018 at 16:14, Palfy said:

He could surprise a lot of people. 

I think he could do well with top players... if he can win over the dressing room and not have them treat him like a clown. Real Madrid's dressing room has to be the biggest bunch of egomaniacs in football... 

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I think he could do well with top players... if he can win over the dressing room and not have them treat him like a clown. Real Madrid's dressing room has to be the biggest bunch of egomaniacs in football... 

I agree with that and led by Ramos who has passed his sell by date, but I wouldn’t mind Keane having a bit of his nasty streak could be the making of him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...