IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

I agree with him.

Fighting for the short doesn’t need to mean being a prick and shouting.

I see some players busting a gut to get back and help, I see some throwing their body in front of shots.... but I also see half the team jogging back when we are defending, turning away from shots, and generally looking disinterested at times.

I am an old fashioned blood and guts footballer, I know this. I like to see players feeling sick when we have lost, ready to be sick after putting in 100%, and taking the hits to stop a shot in goal.

The last 6 or 7 games have improved a lot, but we still have a way to go. But we’re on the right track.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Clever mate.

But think we are all expecting us to finish higher next season whether Gana is here or not. That’s down to the management and staff improving the team, squad and consistency.

Han being here would help that along, but if he’s not, I expect the management to replace him somehow.

But a higher finish won’t be because of him, just as a lower finish won’t.

Every year we expect the same but it's not happened. He's been the constant the last three seasons and for me the most noticeable weakness is the midfield, we don't win the battle. *Holds breath* for the Pickford shouts even though he's clearly won us more points than he's lost so not the problem. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

All the Arsenal players scream and shout (and moan) for 90 minutes, and they're a team of absolute fucking fairies.

Sometimes you do need someone who'll scream and shout, but I look at Jags and think he's been a great leader for us. Both on and off the pitch. On it he's put his body on the line for over a decade for this football club. He might not be waving his arms round, drawing attention to himself to the fans, but I'm fairly certain he does a lot of talking on the pitch.

People have leveled the accusation that Michael Keane isn'ttt committed etc but, ffs, that lad fractured his skull playing for this football club. He played with an infected wound for months and months because he was new here, we were having a rough time, and he wanted to be on the pitch to help.

Couldn’t agree with anything more. 

Some people want to see Duncan strangling someone to show what the club means to him. Then missed the next few games with a ban. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Every year we expect the same but it's not happened. He's been the constant the last three seasons and for me the most noticeable weakness is the midfield, we don't win the battle. *Holds breath* for the Pickford shouts even though he's clearly won us more points than he's lost so not the problem. 

So has Baines, Jags, and many more players. 

But watching, I honestly don’t see us getting over run in midfield at all. I never witness these clear chances he gives away either. 

I have challenged you to show them by putting them on here for all to see, as that would be clear evidence it actually happened. But you never do. It could be that it never happened or you just don’t feel inclined to do it. Either way, I’m not bothered about it anymore. This whole saga is ruining the site.

You won’t accept clear facts.... like when you say he hides away, and I put on clear FACTs that he had more touches than any other player in the match, not just team.... but you choose to ignore that. Which makes having a conversation about it pointless, as you can just deny any reasonable points I or anyone else make.

But its also started to taint other threads now, as people are arguing any point you make now, as they think you are on a wind up. 

PeteO, I honestly don’t know if your just having a bit of fun with this or not. 

Your opinion on Gana is valid. It’s yours and yours alone. But the whole denying facts and inventing these clear chances he gives away, isn’t. It’s made the whole thread pointless.

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Couldn’t agree with anything more. 

Some people want to see Duncan strangling someone to show what the club means to him. Then missed the next few games with a ban. 

I don’t at all.

Not saying you were targeting me either 🙂

Just wanted to make my view clear that’s all. I don’t see the fighting spirit in some players at all. 

Keane. I witness him jogging back when a player is in front of him. Seamus will sprint like he’s about to lose a child.

Gana, who I love, tends to jog back as a token, rather than an effort to get back behind.

Morgan, will jog back as if he accepts... well he’s too fast for me.

Too many players don’t want to get hit by the ball, as it hurts.

Yet at the same time I see Bernard working his ass off to help out, Siggy going into tackles like he actually wants to win the ball, Digne sprinting like his life depends on it.

I just want a team full of it that’s all.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t at all.

Not saying you were targeting me either 🙂

Just wanted to make my view clear that’s all. I don’t see the fighting spirit in some players at all. 

Keane. I witness him jogging back when a player is in front of him. Seamus will sprint like he’s about to lose a child.

Gana, who I love, tends to jog back as a token, rather than an effort to get back behind.

Morgan, will jog back as if he accepts... well he’s too fast for me.

Too many players don’t want to get hit by the ball, as it hurts.

Yet at the same time I see Bernard working his ass off to help out, Siggy going into tackles like he actually wants to win the ball, Digne sprinting like his life depends on it.

I just want a team full of it that’s all.

Wasn’t aimed at you mate, I know your views on the game and we’re pretty similar. 

To play devils advocate on your other points; you’re telling me the wide players, full backs and forward players are working harder and getting into more tackles. Maybe the tactic is to press at the front and out wide, but sit and contain in the middle? The outer players being the first line of defence and the central players being the last line. 

I actually don’t think this, before me and you spend all day Sunday talking about it. 😂 

Just seemed with the players you’re saying working hard being Coleman, Digne, Gylfi and Bernard, and the ones not being Morgan, Gana and Keane, it could very well be a plan. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

You are Avoiding the question Pete, ... read it properly..... I don't need the search function.

I'm asking you for your updated opinion.......

Q: A FEW MONTHS BACK YOU STATED GANA GUEYE IS TGE WORST PLAYER TO EVER WEAR AN EVERTON SHIRT, "AS IT STANDS" DO YOU STILL THINK HES THE WORST PLAYER TO WEAR OUR SHIRT?

Anger issues much. Stop SHOUTING! 

Gana's done nothing to change my opinion. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Understanding what it means to play for Everton, you read that as not fighters? That’s some deep reading between the lines!

I might have said we could benefit from a psychologist many years ago, but the club use one. Pretty much every elite level sports team do now. But that isn’t to change people into fighters, that’s to handle many different things. From emotional struggles, getting over mistakes, personal trauma, mental health issues, bad habits and addictions, self belief, all kinds of things. Certainly not to make them scream and shout on a football pitch. 

Getting Everton, being Everton, its all one thing and Tim Cahill would probably be the first player most my generation would name if asked to name a player who fights for the shirt. 

Like Romey says I'm not asking for screaming and shouting, I'm asking for more effort. More commitment. Too many players seem to be playing for a wage rather than the love of football. And like Shukes says they're not busting their gut enough, and to add extra I'd say some don't feel the pain of conceding or getting beat. They don't have a winning mentality to win the 50/50s and turn the small margins in our favour. Fulham didn't beat us with skill they just wanted it more. 

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

Wasn’t aimed at you mate, I know your views on the game and we’re pretty similar. 

To play devils advocate on your other points; you’re telling me the wide players, full backs and forward players are working harder and getting into more tackles. Maybe the tactic is to press at the front and out wide, but sit and contain in the middle? The outer players being the first line of defence and the central players being the last line. 

I actually don’t think this, before me and you spend all day Sunday talking about it. 😂 

Just seemed with the players you’re saying working hard being Coleman, Digne, Gylfi and Bernard, and the ones not being Morgan, Gana and Keane, it could very well be a plan. 

Sorry wrong quote, was meant to be to Shukes. 

I don't have recording of the match. But Matt or Bailey did put up the fulham changes were he was at fault for two clear chances, and there's even cause to blame him for a third. 

That's your interpretation. I've put my argument otherwise and used the OS as reference which shows Gana didn't make the 40+ forward passes the echo stated if you check the pass map. Stats are just stats any how, you ask for evidence the only way would be video but I don't record the match, however on Friday I put in the effort to highlight the issues at half time and I don't see what's wrong in that. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

I give up with you. 

At least until I see the next idiotic comment that I can’t stop myself from replying to. 

Just don't comment then. You interpreted my initial post wrongly. Don't see what I've done idiotic. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Just don't comment then. You interpreted my initial post wrongly. Don't see what I've done idiotic. 

I’ve not interpreted anything, I just seem to disagree with every single view you have on football and how you want footballers to behave on the pitch. A lot of your views, around “fighters” and around Gana I see as idiotic. 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Anger issues much. Stop SHOUTING! 

Gana's done nothing to change my opinion. 

Getting Everton, being Everton, its all one thing and Tim Cahill would probably be the first player most my generation would name if asked to name a player who fights for the shirt. 

Like Romey says I'm not asking for screaming and shouting, I'm asking for more effort. More commitment. Too many players seem to be playing for a wage rather than the love of football. And like Shukes says they're not busting their gut enough, and to add extra I'd say some don't feel the pain of conceding or getting beat. They don't have a winning mentality to win the 50/50s and turn the small margins in our favour. Fulham didn't beat us with skill they just wanted it more. 

Ok.... there we have it folks...... as it stands Peteo says at this very moment including recent form :- IDRISSA  GUEYE IS THE WORST PLAYER TO HAVE EVER WORN AN EVERTON SHIRT.

Feel free to correct me on that Pete.....  that despite having players like:- Brett Angel, bakayoko, Tobias linderoth, pistone, Tony Thomas, nyarko, li wie feng, alexanderson, pembridge, gemmill, John Spencer,  Nick Chadwick, Mitch ward, espen baardsen....... relax....

IDRISSA GUEYE the target of PSG and Man United is the worst player to wear an Everton shirt. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve not interpreted anything, I just seem to disagree with every single view you have on football and how you want footballers to behave on the pitch. A lot of your views, around “fighters” and around Gana I see as idiotic. 

I mentioned fighters and you took that wrongly as me wanting players to strangle the opposition. Even in this post still. I've mentioned players like Cahill and Neville, that we needed players with more bite, not that one that physically do.

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I mentioned fighters and you took that wrongly as me wanting players to strangle the opposition. Even in this post still. I've mentioned players like Cahill and Neville, that we needed players with more bite, not that one that physically do.

I’ve clearly used the Duncan incident as an exaggeration to prove my point. We have a lot of fight in this team. You don’t see it. 

Ok.... there we have it folks...... as it stands Peteo says at this very moment including recent form :- IDRISSA  GUEYE IS THE WORST PLAYER TO HAVE EVER WORN AN EVERTON SHIRT.

Feel free to correct me on that Pete.....  that despite having players like:- Brett Angel, bakayoko, Tobias linderoth, pistone, Tony Thomas, nyarko, li wie feng, alexanderson, pembridge, gemmill, John Spencer,  Nick Chadwick, Mitch ward, espen baardsen....... relax....

IDRISSA GUEYE the target of PSG and Man United is the worst player to wear an Everton shirt. 

Gana is definately worse than claus Thompson, per koldrup, Stefan rehn,Rodrigo, Paul gerrard, the straq, Mike Williamson, Gareth Farrelly, preki, Ian Wilson, Mikel Madar,Stuart Barlow. All far better players 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ve clearly used the Duncan incident as an exaggeration to prove my point. We have a lot of fight in this team. You don’t see it. 

I wasn't clear to me, and if it wasn't that being a misunderstanding I don't see why you are calling my opinion idiotic. How is wanting more fight like Cahill and Neville idiotic?

I see it from some. However I also do half-arsedness from others too. 

Never said he's the worst to have worn it, never said Li Weifeng was better. Add those two to your Haf 'facts'. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Sorry wrong quote, was meant to be to Shukes. 

I don't have recording of the match. But Matt or Bailey did put up the fulham changes were he was at fault for two clear chances, and there's even cause to blame him for a third. 

That's your interpretation. I've put my argument otherwise and used the OS as reference which shows Gana didn't make the 40+ forward passes the echo stated if you check the pass map. Stats are just stats any how, you ask for evidence the only way would be video but I don't record the match, however on Friday I put in the effort to highlight the issues at half time and I don't see what's wrong in that. 

No I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with you having an opinion on it at all PeteO. Not at all.

Im just saying that these clear chances haven’t been recorded anywhere, not in highlights, not in the full recordings of matches, literally nowhere. But you seem to see two or three, EVERY single match. 

Now when he does make a mistake, people do highlight it, but they also keep it in perspective and show that others make just as big, if not bigger mistakes. 

My point is that points can easily be backed up by simply showing evidence, which always exist, if it happened. And if you were to show me these each match.... then I, or anyone else wouldn’t be able to say that it didn’t happen as you would have evidence of it. 

Many of us would actually end up with egg on our face wouldn’t we? Haha especially me for calling you out on it. I would look a right numpty and have to say.... you know what PeteO, your right and have been all along. 

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with you having an opinion on it at all PeteO. Not at all.

Im just saying that these clear chances haven’t been recorded anywhere, not in highlights, not in the full recordings of matches, literally nowhere. But you seem to see two or three, EVERY single match. 

Now when he does make a mistake, people do highlight it, but they also keep it in perspective and show that others make just as big, if not bigger mistakes. 

My point is that points can easily be backed up by simply showing evidence, which always exist, if it happened. And if you were to show me these each match.... then I, or anyone else wouldn’t be able to say that it didn’t happen as you would have evidence of it. 

Many of us would actually end up with egg on our face wouldn’t we? Haha especially me for calling you out on it. I would look a right numpty and have to say.... you know what PeteO, your right and have been all along. 

I'm happy to sit next to you and moan all game if you really want an ear ache next time you're over the pond. Hopefully it's have to be in Paris 🙂 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I wasn't clear to me, and if it wasn't that being a misunderstanding I don't see why you are calling my opinion idiotic. How is wanting more fight like Cahill and Neville idiotic?

I see it from some. However I also do half-arsedness from others too. 

I find most of your opinions idiotic, because they aren’t even just a little bit different to what pretty much the rest of the world sees, you go the complete opposite. I honestly think you just do it for the sake of the argument, It can be the only explanation for half of the things you come out with on here. 

In terms of wanting people to be more like Cahill and Neville, yeah fine, but you had a pop at Keane a while back for not looking upset at us conceding a goal. When in reality you don’t have a clue how he’s feeling about it, not in the slightest. But he wasn’t screaming and shouting so he must not be upset by it. I don’t know why you need to see a player being angry physically for them to be feeling it. Jags is a great example, I know 100% he is hurt when we concede a goal, but he’s never been a screamer. 

On the topic of Gana and your opinion on players not being fighters as you like to put it, I’ll never agree. As I said, I think some of your opinions and your posts are idiotic, you bang the drum over and over, don’t even consider that anyone else might be right. You get asked to back up your opinions but you never seem to be able to but still, we’re all having the same conversation over and over. 

The amount of people commenting that these conversations ruining topics speaks for itself, then we also get people asking for bans because of it. It baffles me, I’m going to try to stop commenting. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Right or wrong your still a numpty 🙄😜

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I find most of your opinions idiotic, because they aren’t even just a little bit different to what pretty much the rest of the world sees, you go the complete opposite. I honestly think you just do it for the sake of the argument, It can be the only explanation for half of the things you come out with on here. 

In terms of wanting people to be more like Cahill and Neville, yeah fine, but you had a pop at Keane a while back for not looking upset at us conceding a goal. When in reality you don’t have a clue how he’s feeling about it, not in the slightest. But he wasn’t screaming and shouting so he must not be upset by it. I don’t know why you need to see a player being angry physically for them to be feeling it. Jags is a great example, I know 100% he is hurt when we concede a goal, but he’s never been a screamer. 

On the topic of Gana and your opinion on players not being fighters as you like to put it, I’ll never agree. As I said, I think some of your opinions and your posts are idiotic, you bang the drum over and over, don’t even consider that anyone else might be right. You get asked to back up your opinions but you never seem to be able to but still, we’re all having the same conversation over and over. 

The amount of people commenting that these conversations ruining topics speaks for itself, then we also get people asking for bans because of it. It baffles me, I’m going to try to stop commenting. 

Says more about you than me. Very close minded. I bet you thought the same when I said Joe Hart is no where near good enough and that DCL should start. 

For the second time I've not said they need to scream and shout. You've just said I can't tell how Keane feels and that's why I'm idiotic, yet then you go on to say how Jagielka feels... 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Says more about you than me. Very close minded. I bet you thought the same when I said Joe Hart is no where near good enough and that DCL should start. 

For the second time I've not said they need to scream and shout. You've just said I can't tell how Keane feels and that's why I'm idiotic, yet then you go on to say how Jagielka feels... 

You mean you had two opinions where people agree with you and that’s now a big thing? Next you’ll be telling us how much you rated Ronaldo.

If you don’t know how Jags feels when we concede a goal then you’ve not taken much notice of any interview or any reaction from him in the last ten years. Keane is new to us, so we don’t have the same insight, it’s not fair to assume less of him because of that. 

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

You mean you had two opinions where people agree with you and that’s now a big thing? Next you’ll be telling us how much you rated Ronaldo.

If you don’t know how Jags feels when we concede a goal then you’ve not taken much notice of any interview or any reaction from him in the last ten years. Keane is new to us, so we don’t have the same insight, it’s not fair to assume less of him because of that. 

Point isn'tt about me being right, the point is it's two things you would have found absurd but turned out true. 

Any way you're changing the subject. What was idiotic? 

Dogs can sniff cancer, think as a human being I can tell if someone is upset or not. We're animals we have instincts and emotions. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Point isn'ttt about me being right, the point is it's two things you would have found absurd but turned out true. 

Any way you're changing the subject. What was idiotic? 

Dogs can sniff cancer, think as a human being I can tell if someone is upset or not. We're animals we have instincts and emotions. 

So u can sniff cancer by that logic?

18 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Gana is definately worse than claus Thompson, per koldrup, Stefan rehn,Rodrigo, Paul gerrard, the straq, Mike Williamson, Gareth Farrelly, preki, Ian Wilson, Mikel Madar,Stuart Barlow. All far better players 

You missed Brett Angel. Never forget Brett Angel.