IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

Any way you're changing the subject. What was idiotic? 

Dogs can sniff cancer, think as a human being I can tell if someone is upset or not. We're animals we have instincts and emotions. 

It seems you tried to answer your own question.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Still dodging the question then. Where's the idiotic? 

Why can you tell someone's emotions in Jags, yet say I can't about Keane? 

We can all tell that Jags is upset when he concedes a goal as we’ve watched him for over ten years, Keane has only been here a couple of years so we haven't seen as much outward emotion from him or interviews or anything that gives away his feelings. The difference between the two is that you are assuming a negative from Keane because we don’t know his personality very well. If you don’t see the difference between the two then again it’s something else you don’t understand. Personally I think they both get hurt by conceding a goal, I’m just a lot more certain of it with Jags because I feel I’ve seen enough of him to make that call. If after two years of watching keane you think it doesn’t hurt him then that’s your thoughts, I just disagree and think it’s a shame you assume a negative about someone from just looking at him. 

And the idiotic, as I’ve already said, I think your opinion on players idiotic. How much more do you want me to explain? You think one of our highest rated players at the moment is the worst player to wear the shirt, you think our best centre half this season doesn’t get hurt by conceding goals, I see both of these cases as idiotic. In the same way as you are entitled to think both of these things, I’m also entitled to see your opinion as idiotic. 

We can keep going round in circles if you want? I’ve got nothing better to do today than to litter the forum with this shite. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

We can all tell that Jags is upset when he concedes a goal as we’ve watched him for over ten years, Keane has only been here a couple of years so we haven't seen as much outward emotion from him or interviews or anything that gives away his feelings. The difference between the two is that you are assuming a negative from Keane because we don’t know his personality very well. If you don’t see the difference between the two then again it’s something else you don’t understand. Personally I think they both get hurt by conceding a goal, I’m just a lot more certain of it with Jags because I feel I’ve seen enough of him to make that call. If after two years of watching keane you think it doesn’t hurt him then that’s your thoughts, I just disagree and think it’s a shame you assume a negative about someone from just looking at him. 

And the idiotic, as I’ve already said, I think your opinion on players idiotic. How much more do you want me to explain? You think one of our highest rated players at the moment is the worst player to wear the shirt, you think our best centre half this season doesn’t get hurt by conceding goals, I see both of these cases as idiotic. In the same way as you are entitled to think both of these things, I’m also entitled to see your opinion as idiotic. 

We can keep going round in circles if you want? I’ve got nothing better to do today than to litter the forum with this shite. 

Doesn't take that long to gauge someone's emotions, you're clutching at straws here. 

When we've conceded there's a big difference in Keane when it's his fault to when it's not. You expect there to be some difference but with Keane he looks absolutely gutted when it's his fault compared to a little bother when the team do. So it's not just looking at them, it's looking at the emotion expressed, so yes you can make judgement by looking. 

You're changing the statement to be about other posts now. I'm asking what was idiotic about this post below

On 05/05/2019 at 12:39, pete0 said:

Getting Everton, being Everton, its all one thing and Tim Cahill would probably be the first player most my generation would name if asked to name a player who fights for the shirt. 

Like Romey says I'm not asking for screaming and shouting, I'm asking for more effort. More commitment. Too many players seem to be playing for a wage rather than the love of football. And like Shukes says they're not busting their gut enough, and to add extra I'd say some don't feel the pain of conceding or getting beat. They don't have a winning mentality to win the 50/50s and turn the small margins in our favour. Fulham didn't beat us with skill they just wanted it more. 

Pete......  try and do something wrong on purpose...like put an extra 2 sugars in someone's coffee.  And when they say "urgh how much sugar have you put in this?!"

Reply and say.... "sorry I got it wrong".....

It may really be a struggle to do but I honestly believe that it may set you on the path of realising that you are human and you get things wrong.  It may help us on this forum. 

But .... knowing you - you would try and tell them that they need the extra sugar and that you watched them move at 0.1 mph slower due to lack of energy. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't take that long to gauge someone's emotions, you're clutching at straws here. 

When we've conceded there's a big difference in Keane when it's his fault to when it's not. You expect there to be some difference but with Keane he looks absolutely gutted when it's his fault compared to a little bother when the team do. So it's not just looking at them, it's looking at the emotion expressed, so yes you can make judgement by looking. 

You're changing the statement to be about other posts now. I'm asking what was idiotic about this post below

Pete, the idiotic comment I made about you was about you in general, not one specific post. You don’t make many posts about football that I don’t find idiotic. I’ve said before that I think you’re an idiot, you know that. I’ve not looked at one post and gone “oh that’s idiotic” I’ve looked at the last couple of years of conversation with you on here and decided I think your views are idiotic. If I’ve not made it clear enough I see most of your views in pretty much the complete opposite way and that I think you say half of it just for the sake of it then I’m not sure how to be more clear. If it makes it easier, I probably think each of your last 200 posts will be idiotic when it comes to football, you don’t need me to be specific about each, there are so many. This is not new information. This isn’t me clutching at straws, I disagree with you wholeheartedly, I don’t know how I can be any clearer. I honestly think you just come on here to argue, I don’t think you want to give a useful contribution anymore. I don’t think you’ve wanted to for a long time. But just my opinion, and I’m clutching at straws. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Pete......  try and do something wrong on purpose...like put an extra 2 sugars in someone's coffee.  And when they say "urgh how much sugar have you put in this?!"

Reply and say.... "sorry I got it wrong".....

It may really be a struggle to do but I honestly believe that it may set you on the path of realising that you are human and you get things wrong.  It may help us on this forum. 

But .... knowing you - you would try and tell them that they need the extra sugar and that you watched them move at 0.1 mph slower due to lack of energy. 

Coming from you 😂 

Clearly StevO got the wrong end of the stick and is back tracking. It's embarrassing that he just doesn't hold is hands. Absolutely no thought in his post. Only said it as he'd rather be offensive and get the support of people like you than hold his hand up. 

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

Pete, the idiotic comment I made about you was about you in general, not one specific post. You don’t make many posts about football that I don’t find idiotic. I’ve said before that I think you’re an idiot, you know that. I’ve not looked at one post and gone “oh that’s idiotic” I’ve looked at the last couple of years of conversation with you on here and decided I think your views are idiotic. If I’ve not made it clear enough I see most of your views in pretty much the complete opposite way and that I think you say half of it just for the sake of it then I’m not sure how to be more clear. If it makes it easier, I probably think each of your last 200 posts will be idiotic when it comes to football, you don’t need me to be specific about each, there are so many. This is not new information. This isn’t me clutching at straws, I disagree with you wholeheartedly, I don’t know how I can be any clearer. I honestly think you just come on here to argue, I don’t think you want to give a useful contribution anymore. I don’t think you’ve wanted to for a long time. But just my opinion, and I’m clutching at straws. 

Fuck me you are hard work. I don't care if you think I'm idiotic, doesn't bother me in the slightest. However that's not what you said, you clearly stated next idiotic comment implying my post was. So for the nth time, what was idiotic? Or is it purely because its me, which is basically what you're saying atm, so nothing to do with my content, both Shukes and Romey got polite responses even though they said similar. If that's the case you really need to take a hard look at yourself. 

As for contributing I always give an explanation. Unlike you who just negs stuff as he doesn't like the poster. Great contribution StevO. 

Not to derail this lovely bickering, I'm curious what folks think is the probability (%) Gana is an Everton player when the summer transfer window closes. FWIW I'd put it at 40%. I'm not so much worried about replacing his exact skills, more so he will be sold late on to a desperate club and we'll be left out in the cold for a replacement. Brands has known since January this could be coming so hopefully he's prepared. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Fuck me you are hard work. I don't care if you think I'm idiotic, doesn't bother me in the slightest. However that's not what you said, you clearly stated next idiotic comment implying my post was. So for the nth time, what was idiotic? Or is it purely because its me, which is basically what you're saying atm, so nothing to do with my content, both Shukes and Romey got polite responses even though they said similar. If that's the case you really need to take a hard look at yourself. 

As for contributing I always give an explanation. Unlike you who just negs stuff as he doesn't like the poster. Great contribution StevO. 

Not back tracking at all Pete. Next idiotic comment was meant as the next because there are so many, not just the previous. And yes, because it’s you, I’ve made that clear. I find most of your views idiotic  I don’t know how to be any clearer. 

You can say it doesn’t bother you but you’ve been questioning me about it since. 

I neg things I disagree with, it just happens I disagree with a lot of what you say. 

I’m bored now Pete. Maybe we’ll talk more when I don’t think your views are daft. 

13 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Not to derail this lovely bickering, I'm curious what folks think is the probability (%) Gana is an Everton player when the summer transfer window closes. FWIW I'd put it at 40%. I'm not so much worried about replacing his exact skills, more so he will be sold late on to a desperate club and we'll be left out in the cold for a replacement. Brands has known since January this could be coming so hopefully he's prepared. 

75% chance he stays for me.  The big club in for him was PSG, they have already agreed with Ander Herrera and he is their man.  So PSG is out.  Man United?  I just don't see it, we can pay the same and the only thing they have is Europa, i don't see playing on thursday in kazakhstan being that enticing to him.

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

75% chance he stays for me.  The big club in for him was PSG, they have already agreed with Ander Herrera and he is their man.  So PSG is out.  Man United?  I just don't see it, we can pay the same and the only thing they have is Europa, i don't see playing on thursday in kazakhstan being that enticing to him.

Maybe double the paycheck would entice him though. Especially at his age. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Nothing official about Herrera yet. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Not back tracking at all Pete. Next idiotic comment was meant as the next because there are so many, not just the previous. And yes, because it’s you, I’ve made that clear. I find most of your views idiotic  I don’t know how to be any clearer. 

You can say it doesn’t bother you but you’ve been questioning me about it since. 

I neg things I disagree with, it just happens I disagree with a lot of what you say. 

I’m bored now Pete. Maybe we’ll talk more when I don’t think your views are daft. 

It implies the last one was. You have been given opportunity after opportunity to clarify and frankly you haven't, and this I think all your posts are idiotic excuse is pathetic. 

You leave it all you want, but I will call you out again next time. 

53 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It implies the last one was. You have been given opportunity after opportunity to clarify and frankly you haven't, and this I think all your posts are idiotic excuse is pathetic. 

You leave it all you want, but I will call you out again next time. 

Can read my mind too. Goodnight Pete. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah legally he can’t , he signed a pre-agreement which is about all he can do till the window opens.

It can be announced now. The fact it hasn't suggests there is no agreement and is why United are still negotiating with him (and Mata).

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I can see us selling gana. I think the offers will come in and if he can get a champions league team I feel marcel is a guy that will appreciate he didn’t throw his toys out and will grant him the move 

as long as we get top dollar and his young replacement i'm fine with it.  We just need to make sure we aren't left high and dry or overpay for an average replacement.

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Most of these deals are done well in advance. Mad that we are talking about a twenty nine year old as being old 😂. Think it’s going to be a really busy window. 

Get our main targets done nice and early, and then just sit and wait and see if any juicy deals that we can’t turn down arise towa4ds the end of the window. That’s the way we should be going. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Get our main targets done nice and early, and then just sit and wait and see if any juicy deals that we can’t turn down arise towa4ds the end of the window. That’s the way we should be going. 

Not for Gana. Throw money at him, give him an out in January. He wants to play int the big competitions, “compensate” him if we fuck up 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ve got a lot of players that will be appealing to a lot of lower level mid level prem teams and foreign suitors. Like I’ve said be aggressive steal a march and get the players we want. Romey is right we just sit back then. Let us be a Chelsea for once. Instead of scraping if we need to offload on loans we will it’s going to take a good few windows to recycle the poor buys we have been laboured with. I think brands being given a space on the board indicates morishi is on board