IGNORED

Stoke City (Home) Saturday August 27

markjazzbassist

Ah man..poor guy..feel so bad for him

I'll be honest they gave it a real go. I was in a horrible position from the top balcony I could see it all! Couldn't really concentrate on the game whilst it was unfolding. But to see his son trying to revive him after the paramedics had gave up was soul destroying. He just wouldn't stop!

I'll be honest they gave it a real go. I was in a horrible position from the top balcony I could see it all! Couldn't really concentrate on the game whilst it was unfolding. But to see his son trying to revive him after the paramedics had gave up was soul destroying. He just wouldn't stop!

That's heartbreaking and must have been rough to watch.

Just couldn't imagine being in that position.

Hope we can give him a good send off on our next Goodison appearance.

Head up mate.

Never a nice thing to see. My sunday league team played on a summers evening. The ones where the last games of the season are played out.

I was on the side line injured and watched the first half before leaving to see my now wife before she left for a night shift. I went the pub afterwards to see how the match finished and everyone was just sat in silence. Not long after I left the opposition goal keeper collapsed on the pitch and died. My mates dad was giving CPR till the ambulance turned up. All too late.

The family took comfort that he died doing what he loved. I hope this fellas family can do the same.

Hope you're OK MC, not a nice thing to see at all.

Can imagine mate..it'd tear me in half if it was my dad..poor fella

My son and grandson were at the Stoke game, as they travel from Nottingham I waited until later in the evening before phoning to hear their take on the game. While I was waiting I logged into Toffeetalk and read about the poor guy and his son. I then phoned my son on his land line, no reply. Phoned on his mobile, got the answer machine (most unusual for him). Mild panic set in. Someone mentioned the Park end and I was sure that was where my son had his season ticket. I phoned again half an hour later and my Grandson answered, what a relief. I really feel for the son and family of that poor guy only in his 50's.

Can imagine mate..it'd tear me in half if it was my dad..poor fella

When I coached my oldest son's team, we'd play a short scrimmage at the end with parents joining in. One night, a father fell and didn't get up. We called the emergency services, but he died there on the field. As you can imagine, his son was very distraught. It really shook everyone up badly. Yes, these things will always happen from time to time, but they can be difficult to witness.