IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday September 24

markjazzbassist

This is beyond two bad games. This team played weak teams and pulled some wins off, but there is clearly some problems evident with this team, namely horrendous finishing. Holy fuck, my 9 year old lad is more on target than these blokes today. Also, a severe lack of directness towards goal, Rom had almost no chances today. Defence looked like Martinez era shite at times. Bolasie, Gerry, Barkley all utter bollocks today...how can we compete with the big boys when our "stars" show up with that garbage! Depressing, and I'm having deja vu from last season. It's more than a loss for me, thus is bigger and deeper than that.

Edited by chalkpie

This is beyond two bad games. This team played weak teams and pulled some wins off, but there is clearly some problems evident with this team, namely horrendous finishing. Holy fuck, my 9 year old lad us more on target than these blokes today. Also, a severe lack if directness

Yes, to my real worry above about energy, concentration, and character, I should have added the obvious: talent.

I think our reaction is one of shock and worry - this wasn't Man City or Arsenal today - it was fucking B'Mouth and what we saw was fairly shocking. Not to mention the loss to Norwich a few days back. What i saw was more than a bad day at the office - this clearly demonstrated our lack of depth in the squad, and some shocking quality.

I'm nervous for next week.

First loss of the season in the league and the doom and gloom crew are out in full force. Guardiola said the cherries were the best side they've faced this season. Their points betray them.

Ross, Coleman, Oviedo, Barry, all had let downs today. We missed baines terribly, and like I've said for a while now Seamus can't defend or cross. Now teams are targeting him.

Had some great chances rom header Ross header bolasie shot, bolasie cross to Valencia.

Not worried, we will turn it around, I'm confident.

Just watched Koeman's postgame interview. He referred twice to players not starting match with right attitude. That must have been obvious and maddening to all who watched the match, which I did not. Koeman seemed to say Everton were the better team in second half.

Were they? Clearly better team? Changed attitude/energy? "Deserved" a draw but, once again, couldn't finish (and so actually didn't deserve a draw)?