IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Is Boris hoping that the Ukrainian Russian stand off is going to be his Thatcher’s Falklands conflict, and take the heat off all his problems at home. I may seem cynical but he’s gone to the Ukraine imo to get us embroiled deeper than we need to be at this moment in time to try and make it the number one topic of choice for reporters instead of his partying. 

Wouldn't be the first time he's run to a war zone to escape his self-created shitshow

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60576639

Hang on, what?! They're increasing tax for all of us but get a 2.7% payrise for financially crippling the country?! What?!?!

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer have both said MPs should not get a rise this year."

Is this a surprising stance from Boris? Curious to know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Johnson, been given a fine for breaking lockdown rules, along with his wife and Sunak.

Gotta go, simple as that.  

Disgusting, he hopes the war is a distraction….. if anything it should be used as an example of why arrogant pricks should not lead country’s in an aloof fashion when thousands are dying.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Gotta go, simple as that.  

Disgusting, he hopes the war is a distraction….. if anything it should be used as an example of why arrogant pricks should not lead country’s in an aloof fashion when thousands are dying.

I said weeks ago he is going to try and use the war as his get out jail free card, in the same way Thatcher used the Falklands. 

Watching the commons debate on shipping "illegal" immigrants off to Rwanda and Priti Patel banging on about what a great place it is. If that's true then how does it achieve her objective, stopping these people crossing the channel in the first place? It's plainly being done as (supposedly) a deterrant, so by definition has to be a place people don't want to go to, but why would they not want to go there if it's the land of opportunity she suggests it is?

Her argument makes no sense.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Watching the commons debate on shipping "illegal" immigrants off to Rwanda and Priti Patel banging on about what a great place it is. If that's true then how does it achieve her objective, stopping these people crossing the channel in the first place? It's plainly being done as (supposedly) a deterrant, so by definition has to be a place people don't want to go to, but why would they not want to go there if it's the land of opportunity she suggests it is?

Her argument makes no sense.

Your right they are using it as deterrent or punishment take your pick. 

Just seen a post in Linked in showing Boris walking around Liverpool with the police wearing a stab fest, yet another photo shows him in war torn Ukraine walking round with no protection at all. I don’t know how bad Liverpool is but that made me laugh 😂 

I have always thought for years that the politics in this country are in the gutter, if Johnson is allowed to stay on as PM by his party after law breaking and lies then that would confirm my worst fears. I would advocate protesting and even riots if that is what it takes for him to be removed, in a poll two thirds asked believe he should resign, the people have spoken the Conservative party need to respect the wishes of their own supporters and remove Johnson. 

On 19/04/2022 at 19:26, Palfy said:

I have always thought for years that the politics in this country are in the gutter, if Johnson is allowed to stay on as PM by his party after law breaking and lies then that would confirm my worst fears. I would advocate protesting and even riots if that is what it takes for him to be removed, in a poll two thirds asked believe he should resign, the people have spoken the Conservative party need to respect the wishes of their own supporters and remove Johnson. 

He's broken the law before, he's made racist comments whilst holding a government position, he's openly lied to the publics face repeatedly for a decade. What makes you think he's going anywhere now?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

He's broken the law before, he's made racist comments whilst holding a government position, he's openly lied to the publics face repeatedly for a decade. What makes you think he's going anywhere now?

Because more and more conservative MPs are starting to call for his resignation, they now know it has to be him or the party that will lose out in the future, and if it’s the party then that means them and many are not prepared to pay that price by protecting him when they know so many people suffered whilst he partied, and we are very much aware of it. This goes way further than lying to achieve Brexit or party policies, what he has done and the lies he has made to try and conceal the truth are beyond words, millions of people lost mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews, and nieces that died in hospitals, hospices, and care homes without any family to comfort them and say there good bye’s because they were obeying the lockdown rules he helped to introduce, and there will be many who will never forget or forgive him no matter how many years go by, that he partied whilst there loved ones died a lonely death. He’s hoping in time this will go away be forgotten, it won’t this will torment split and divide the Tory party until he is removed or resigns, the noose is getting tighter and will do so for more weeks to come, then he will be hung out to dry by his own back benchers. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Because more and more conservative MPs are starting to call for his resignation, they now know it has to be him or the party that will lose out in the future, and if it’s the party then that means them and many are not prepared to pay that price by protecting him when they know so many people suffered whilst he partied, and we are very much aware of it. This goes way further than lying to achieve Brexit or party policies, what he has done and the lies he has made to try and conceal the truth are beyond words, millions of people lost mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews, and nieces that died in hospitals, hospices, and care homes without any family to comfort them and say there good bye’s because they were obeying the lockdown rules he helped to introduce, and there will be many who will never forget or forgive him no matter how many years go by, that he partied whilst there loved ones died a lonely death. He’s hoping in time this will go away be forgotten, it won’t this will torment split and divide the Tory party until he is removed or resigns, the noose is getting tighter and will do so for more weeks to come, then he will be hung out to dry by his own back benchers. 

I hope you are right but I honestly doubt anything will happen.