IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Maybe anti-establishment was the wrong phrase. From what I read, he's very different from previous PM's in that he's not as proper and, for lack of a better term, presidential. That's what people apparently loved about Trump, was that he wasn't like "a normal politician." 

It seems to me that Johnson has sort of that same streak in him, that he's not your typical government leader.

He fosters that image for sure and a large section of our society fall for it, but it's all forensically planned. That's the difference between him and Trump, Trump is just stupid and Johnson knows what he's doing.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So what happens to the slimey toad now? Is that his career in politics over?  Probably get offered a consulting job at one of the companies he ploughed tax payers money in to. 

I imagine he will be back in the cabinet or shadow cabinet in a few years time. 

I expect he will still be an MP until the next GE at least. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

You can stay if you lie but you’re kicked out for calling a liar a liar.

Makes sense. 

There’s some sort of protocol in the commons where you can’t call a liar a liar even if proven that they have lied, and even worse if they do stand up and tell a blatant lie in the house they have some form of immunity from any form of prosecution, and if true Boris has pushed the boundaries of right and wrong further than anyone else, but he’s not a liar 🤥

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

? He stands up for his MP and acknowledges the speakers position.  Played it well in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

? He stands up for his MP and acknowledges the speakers position.  Played it well in my opinion. 

Undermines his MP by then supporting the speakers decision. 

Like supporting a protest then saying the police are right to arrest you.

This government stinks.

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This government stinks.

He acknowledges the fact that the speaker did what she was legally obliged to do which is different from supporting her, she had no decision to make, she applied the rules as they stand.

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This government stinks.

Not even close to that in my opinion. That's defending his player and sweettalking the ref. 

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He acknowledges the fact that the speaker did what she was legally obliged to do which is different from supporting her, she had no decision to make, she applied the rules as they stand.

There was no gun to their head to enforce it. 

If you were in charge would you have made the same decision?

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It's the law so there was. I know you're ultra left wing Pete, but Starmer has done the right thing here. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It's the law so there was. I know you're ultra left wing Pete, but Starmer has done the right thing here. 

Just now, Matt said:

I'd prefer to do what's right than what's lawful. 

Starmer is meant to be the opposition. He's the one who should have already been all over the lies.