IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

To rub salt in just realized we let 6 in yesterday and the shite have only let in 7 all season.

I know we are not any way near their standard yet, but should we be that far behind with everything that has changed.

Yes we had one good game against them but that is the exception not the norm.

7 minutes ago, seve said:

To rub salt in just realized we let 6 in yesterday and the shite have only let in 7 all season.

I know we are not any way near their standard yet, but should we be that far behind with everything that has changed.

Yes we had one good game against them but that is the exception not the norm.

Also not halfway through the season and they have double our points tally all ready how do you close that gap some will say about 4-5 hundred million, we have spent more money than Spurs in the last few years and they gave us right spanking, we need to except we are well short of the standard of players required to move us on and rehashing the players that didn't work last season isn'tt going to work any season.

So for me every player bar Pickford, Digne, Keane, Mina, Gylfi, Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman and Gomes and Zouma if we can get them to stay need to go, so I think the way forward is the money for better calibre of players needed to progress, then we can stop rehashing the old you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

19 hours ago, nogs said:

It's like we're flitting between two extremes. Open, entertaining football under Martinez, awful at the back, anti-football under Koeman and Allardyce, now Silva is trying to beat Man City and Spurs at their own game. Just a happy balance please! 

Come on nogs that's ridiculous. If it were that easy we would be in the top 4 not endlessly chasing it.

Notes from yesterday:

Richarlison is completely anonymous when needed most. That needs to be fixed more than any other weakness in the squad. 

Yes Davies had a bad game. He was put in a no-win situation. Davies is a younger, far worse Gomes. As folks have said knife through butter with those two centrally. Say what you want about Gana, I happen to like him alot, but if we're committed to Gomes we need to be committed to Gana, or a player with a similar skill set. 

Sigurdsson's work rate is absolutely spectacular. I cannot remember a player who works as hard as he does in that role. Makes me want to watch the game while on a treadmill.

Spurs clearly the more clinical team but I do wonder what happens if DCL makes it 2 and Pickford stays on his line so Zouma can very easily head it back to him. Never a foul on DCL and Pickford had an absolute nightmare in the first half. Unsettled the back line for the rest of the day.

Said this last week as well. I love Seamus more than any other player in a blue shirt currently. I would love to see him on the bench every week.

Do we go to Mina and Zouma from here? Keane won every single aerial challenge over Kane. Not sure if CB's can be blamed despite shipping 6. 

Most discouraging was having to watch Schneiderlin make another appearance. Gutless loser should never be allowed to play for the club.

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Notes from yesterday:

Richarlison is completely anonymous when needed most. That needs to be fixed more than any other weakness in the squad. 

Yes Davies had a bad game. He was put in a no-win situation. Davies is a younger, far worse Gomes. As folks have said knife through butter with those two centrally. Say what you want about Gana, I happen to like him alot, but if we're committed to Gomes we need to be committed to Gana, or a player with a similar skill set. 

Sigurdsson's work rate is absolutely spectacular. I cannot remember a player who works as hard as he does in that role. Makes me want to watch the game while on a treadmill.

Spurs clearly the more clinical team but I do wonder what happens if DCL makes it 2 and Pickford stays on his line so Zouma can very easily head it back to him. Never a foul on DCL and Pickford had an absolute nightmare in the first half. Unsettled the back line for the rest of the day.

Said this last week as well. I love Seamus more than any other player in a blue shirt currently. I would love to see him on the bench every week.

Do we go to Mina and Zouma from here? Keane won every single aerial challenge over Kane. Not sure if CB's can be blamed despite shipping 6. 

Most discouraging was having to watch Schneiderlin make another appearance. Gutless loser should never be allowed to play for the club.

Good points.

Personally I think they would have created plenty of chances regardless of going 2 up.

I agree that we need get more complimenting centre mids. Schneiderlin was completely anonymous when he came on, and looked like he was shitting himself when the ball came his way. I also dont ever want to see the Davies / Gomes combination again. They are both better players alongside someone more disruptive. That could be McCarthy but it would seem his recovery isnt going as well as we had hoped. 

I think Keane actually played really well despite being hopelessly exposed most of the game. He didnt really give Kane anything 1 v 1. Im not sure who we should go back to, but Keane should be one of them.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Honestly don’t see why anyone is shouting for Keane to be dropped at this point. For me, he’s been our best CB this season followed closely by Zouma. Despite conceding 6 yesterday I wouldn’t lay the blame on the CB’s in any way. Which sounds weird but it really was pretty much the other 9 players that were the problem. 

Surprisingly keane has been our best CB.  Honestly Coleman is part of the defense at RB and that’s the biggest issue I see.  Zouma and keane and digne have been fine, good, even great At times.  I’d give kenny burnley to stake his claim before looking for  rB in  Jan.  I don’t think he has it but I hope e proved me wrong.

On 24/12/2018 at 10:46, Palfy said:

So for me every player bar Pickford, Digne, Keane, Mina, Gylfi, Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman and Gomes and Zouma if we can get them to stay need to go, so I think the way forward is the money for better calibre of players needed to progress, then we can stop rehashing the old you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I'm really surprised you include all thee of our centre backs in that list. I still don't think we've found the general at the back we've needed for two or three seasons now.