IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

then how should we have setup?  you just slate people and players and managers but never offer an alternative.

The full backs are too high and there is no where near enough cover in midfield. I've heard more tactically astute contributions than 'make a substitution and have a go' by the way. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The gulf between us and the top sides I'm beginning to fear is so big I'll never see it bridged in my life time, so I just need to get use to it.

Dont panic yet Palfy, it wasnt that long ago that we were going toe to toe with Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. 

The wheels have fallen off the last couple of weeks, City was a weird system, and this game has gone completely not to plan. Prior to last weekend, we were as close to the top 4 as we have been for a long time. 

The bigger problem is the not putting away sides and then conceeding stupid goals at the other end, which was also the problem last time we did get this close to the best sides.

Just now, Palfy said:

Lads I don't think how we set up would have made much difference, simply man for man they are better than us.

Yep you can only work with what you've got. But you can maximise it, organisation is what managers earn their wage on. Look at Palace yesterday, yeah City underperformed but they made it difficult and reaped rewards. 

Anyone who thinks we're not playing too open watching this needs their heads checking. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The gulf between us and the top sides I'm beginning to fear is so big I'll never see it bridged in my life time, so I just need to get use to it.

12 minutes ago, jofanon said:

I reckon another £400-500m to reach the top 4

Years and years of under investment means we have to buy a slightly better set of players, improve, then buy the next tier etc...

None of us will be satisfied to remain a 7-10th place team for the next 5 years (or longer).  But that’s what we are, right?

Which of our players are top-6, much less top-4?  Gomes, whom we may not be able to sign?  Anyone else?  Maybe Richarlison, Digne, Sigurdsson?  Lookman, potentially?

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Yep you can only work with what you've got. But you can maximise it, organisation is what managers earn their wage on. Look at Palace yesterday, yeah City underperformed but they made it difficult and reaped rewards. 

Anyone who thinks we're not playing too open watching this needs their heads checking. 

Wouldn't argue with that mate

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I’ve said it time and time again you have to take your chances, Charley’s one at 0-0 could have been different. 3-6 

Should have been 2 up if it wasn't for the ref but it's clutching at straws when you concede 6 at home.

Dreadful today and embarrassing if we don't go on a half decent run over Christmas questions are going to start being asked of Silva and that's exactly what needs to not happen.