IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Sunday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

All joking apart but Davies and DCL aren’t good enough. Where’s Benni gone? Can’t be worse than Morgan 

Can't see what DCL has done wrong myself, an assist and a harshly disallowed goal isn'tt a bad day's work. He provided a decent focal point in first half, we've not offered much going forward since. 

Davies has lost his way badly. 

Spurs where simply better even with the brainfarts and positioning errors we would have been beaten 

They are a testament to slowly building a side that can compete without spending the earth, a very good and balanced side no two ways about it 

We need to address some issues in the summer as I don't think much will get done in January, it's never going to happen overnight we are still in the process of shifting through the shite of previous managers but I have every faith in a season probably two we'll be more of a match for the better sides 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

Not good enough that. Silva has some big questions to answer tactically, we are far too easy to score against. 

Table is horrible. Behind Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, Leicester at Christmas, one point less than we had last year. 

Its strange as we are clearly a better team this year but we arent getting the results to go with it. 

We desperately need to pick up 3 points on boxing day.

Just now, EFC-Paul said:

Spurs where simply better even with the brainfarts and positioning errors we would have been beaten 

They are a testament to slowly building a side that can compete without spending the earth, a very good and balanced side no two ways about it 

We need to address some issues in the summer as I don't think much will get done in January, it's never going to happen overnight we are still in the process of shifting through the shite of previous managers but I have every faith in a season probably two we'll be more of a match for the better sides 

here here

21 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

None of us will be satisfied to remain a 7-10th place team for the next 5 years (or longer).  But that’s what we are, right?

Which of our players are top-6, much less top-4?  Gomes, whom we may not be able to sign?  Anyone else?  Maybe Richarlison, Digne, Sigurdsson?  Lookman, potentially?

I don't know mate, but 2 points from a possible 15 is relegation territory not top 6.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its strange as we are clearly a better team this year but we arent getting the results to go with it. 

We desperately need to pick up 3 points on boxing day.

It's like we're flitting between two extremes. Open, entertaining football under Martinez, awful at the back, anti-football under Koeman and Allardyce, now Silva is trying to beat Man City and Spurs at their own game. Just a happy balance please! 

Spurs were by far the best team we’ve faced at home this season, we lost our mojo after the first goal and got rolled over. May have been a different games if our 2nd had been given. 

most frustrates by how easy Spurs picked up the rebounds for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Marvo has a major job in rebuilding our confidence for the Burnley games. 

Fuckinghell. 

Coleman and Davies are fucking shite. Coleman has been a good servant but he’s done. Davies just isn’t good enough and never will be. 

Pickford has had another fucking nightmare. 

Richarlison needs to fuck off if he’s to stroll around like he doesn’t give a shit like he did today. 

Load. Of. Shite. 

14 minutes ago, nogs said:

Depressing just how much further Spurs have progressed than us in the past decade. All comes down to recruitment for me, we can't claim we're paupers anymore, could learn a lot from the way they've gone about building a squad. 

Agreed but to be devils advocate they had their “big money owner” a longer time than we have.  We just got moshiri.  Levy and co has been there since 2001.  Also London, that in itself is a massive boon.

no argument on recruitment and academy though, they might be the best in the league there.

I have been a blue for over 60 years now and i am fortunate to have seen some great players and teams in royal blue

but the club for the last 20 years has got me beat, and even more the recent history, we have changed managers like never before, we have changed chairman, and a lot of players

have come through the door, but nothing changes, soft underbelly, no leaders, no fighters when the chips are down, We have poached managers, employed people from other successful

clubs like technical directors and scouts, but nothing changed paid a lot of money and sacked them. The lesson is we have to build from within, with people who understand what an Evertonian is and what it stands for. Im not for sacking Silver he has less than 20 games, no one can be judged on that, but we need to toughen up, sissoco ran that show today with no resistance from us, Gana is not the answer we need an enforcer in there.We need a regular goal scorer and we need to sign players who will fight for the club, because what i have is group of highly paid athletes who dont give to hoots about the team.

Yes this is a rant  and yes i have stated the obvious in places but nothing is changing.

Really don't see how Davies is getting the flack for this game. 

Three players had stinkers, Pickford, Coleman and Sigurdssen. Digne was losing his battles and Richarlison wasn't doing enough. Centre halves had their issues but ultimately it was cock ups and Spurs being very clinical that made the score line what it is. 

Davies, Gomes, DCL, and Walcott will have the shortest feedback when they go through what went wrong. 

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

I don't know, mate. I would very much prefer the good old Barry - McCarthy pair from couple of seasons back than everyone we have currently. 

It was directed at that particular game it was suggested we only played badly because we never had our ball winner, I was merely stating Spurs never had theirs but it didn't stop them playing well, so wouldn't it be marvellous to have more about us that if we haven't got out ball winner we can still complete and win games as they did.

In football being able to adapt to different situations and circumstances is everything those who can't don't succeed.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Really don't see how Davies is getting the flack for this game. 

Three players had stinkers, Pickford, Coleman and Sigurdssen. Digne was losing his battles and Richarlison wasn't doing enough. Centre halves had their issues but ultimately it was cock ups and Spurs being very clinical that made the score line what it is. 

Davies, Gomes, DCL, and Walcott will have the shortest feedback when they go through what went wrong. 

everytime they won the ball off one of our guys unless it was davies, i would see davies 5 yards away just jogging like "eh someone else can work to get that".  honestly it seems like he's loafing sometimes, i don't know if he's coached to do that but he just doesn't seem arsed to hunt down the ball and intercept and take it off people.  which, if he's not, what is he in there for?  because he didn't add anything in the final third, and gomes is the passer/pirlo creator guy, so what?

and i'm not being harsh on the guy, i'm honestly bewildered as to what he's supposed to do if he's not to win the ball.

5 hours ago, seve said:

I have been a blue for over 60 years now and i am fortunate to have seen some great players and teams in royal blue

but the club for the last 20 years has got me beat...., nothing changes, soft underbelly, no leaders, no fighters when the chips are down....  we need to toughen up, and we need to sign players who will fight for the club, because what i have is group of highly paid athletes who dont give to hoots about the team....  nothing is changing.

My passion for Everton goes back only 20 years, and really I’ve been able to follow our club closely for only about the last 10 or 12 on American tv.  So I’m probably not qualified to judge our boys quite so fiercely as seve has here.

But ..... 

The mental qualites I most value in athletes are relentlessness and alertness.  The essence of football surely demands, and rewards, these attributes.  Too many of our players do not play relentlessly, and their alertness, maddeningly, wanes at crucial moments.  Even the best players make stupid plays occasionally.  But presumably the best teams are best in large part because they are composed of players who demonstrate their skills regularly and their mistakes rarely.  The best players are physically gifted but also mentally alert.

Too often our players — individually and in groups — don’t pay attention, are not alert, to the play around them.  We all complain when one of our own is ball-watching.  On the Spurs’ 3d goal, our wall collectively turned once the ball sailed over their heads ...and watched ... as Kane tapped in the rebound off the post.  They did not much move.  They weren’t, individually or collectively, alert to the possibilities of the play in the moment.  In a fundamental sense, they were’t ready to play football.  Not daydreaming, exactly, but not alert, relentless football instincts, either.  Not a bonehead play, like Pickford’s.  But lazy, as seve says, “soft underbelly.” A Christmas gift to Kane.

We’re far too good at gift-giving.  We give away goals, and thus points.  We seem to have more physical talent this season.  But we are mostly mentally soft, rarely relentless, intermittently inattentive to the basics of the game.

7 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

My passion for Everton goes back only 20 years, and really I’ve been able to follow our club closely for only about the last 10 or 12 on American tv.  So I’m probably not qualified to judge our boys quite so fiercely as seve has here.

But ..... 

The mental qualites I most value in athletes are relentlessness and alertness.  The essence of football surely demands, and rewards, these attributes.  Too many of our players do not play relentlessly, and their alertness, maddeningly, wanes at crucial moments.  Even the best players make stupid plays occasionally.  But presumably the best teams are best in large part because they are composed of players who demonstrate their skills regularly and their mistakes rarely.  The best players are physically gifted but also mentally alert.

Too often our players — individually and in groups — don’t pay attention, are not alert, to the play around them.  We all complain when one of our own is ball-watching.  On the Spurs’ 3d goal, our wall collectively turned once the ball sailed over their heads ...and watched ... as Kane tapped in the rebound off the post.  They did not much move.  They weren’t, individually or collectively, alert to the possibilities of the play in the moment.  In a fundamental sense, they were’t ready to play football.  Not daydreaming, exactly, but not alert, relentless football instincts, either.  Not a bonehead play, like Pickford’s.  But lazy, as seve says, “soft underbelly.” A Christmas gift to Kane.

We’re far too good at gift-giving.  We give away goals, and thus points.  We seem to have more physical talent this season.  But we are mostly mentally soft, rarely relentless, intermittently inattentive to the basics of the game.

Totally.  We aren’t aggressive enough as a team - we need a Keane/Gerrard to drive this team forward.  Haven’t had an inspirational leader for as long as I can remember 

i wonder if the alertness  is lack of fitness?