IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday January 13th

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That first half was fucking atrocious. We couldn’t string three passes together and we were second to everything. If we weren’t playing a shit side like Bournemouth we’d have been annihilated and done by half time. 

Second half we were a completely different team. We almost went ahead within the first minute of the restart! We were pressing like our lives depended on it, we had a good tempo, we created and most importantly we put those chances away. 

The officials, and I include the linesmen in this, were fucking woeful. The worst I’ve seen for a long time. It wasn’t even just against us either - at one point our player practically ran through the back of a Bournemouth player and the ref was having none of it. 

I was told by a few friends that didn’t see the game that I must be over reacting as I said it was the worst refereeing performance I could remember. Having seen the game again I stand by that. I think overall we were worse off but I agree with Romey that there were some bad calls for them too. 

The challenge on Richarlison early on 🤦‍♂️🤣

Mostly repeating what’s been said...

hope we can look back on this game as a turning point. We very very rarely win these types of games but it’s so encouraging when we do. The grit, heart and team camaraderie made this my favorite game.

So encourages by Lookman being influential for 90 mins. It’s the first time he’s been able to do that. Needs to start until further notice.

Richarlison is not a striker. DCL is the answer for this season at least. Give him the remaining games and see if you need to buy a new striker in the summer. 

Tremendous team defense today. Keane is incredible as long as you don’t pass him the ball. So dominant in the air. Digne is just pure class. Zouma’s celebration leaves me wondering if he’ll want to stay long term.

Lastly, I’ll disagree with others in that I don’t think it was that bad of a performance from the ref. Not good sure but far from some of the Moss/Mason games. I hate those two. The card disparity was deserved. The only thing I was discouraged by today was our childish behavior towards the ref. Schoolboy immaturity. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Lastly, I’ll disagree with others in that I don’t think it was that bad of a performance from the ref. Not good sure but far from some of the Moss/Mason games. I hate those two. The card disparity was deserved. The only thing I was discouraged by today was our childish behavior towards the ref. Schoolboy immaturity. 

I doubt many refs would have given Gomes that first booking or the one to Zouma, especially when the ref must have been doubting his own decision as it looked a fair takle from Gana to me, he should have seen that as frustration not disrespect. Just before that moment he'd let Lerma off with a warning in what was the second worst foul in the second half (Keane being the worst). He was giving them very soft free kicks but then not giving similar stuff to us, Brook's stopped our counter which is usually a nailed on yellow. Richarlison's one was soft as well. Missed the first so can't comment on Bernard's. 

That ref had me shadow boxing in the stands when he pretty much squared up to Silva, I was screaming for Silva to "chin the bald twat". Worst refereeing I've seen at Goodison that.

At half time I was saying to my brother SIlva needs to get in a local team, Prescott Cables or something have them play us in a friendly behind doors game so we can learn how to pass more than 4 times without losing possession. Gomes and Bernard need to play it simple sometimes as the rest of the team aren't on their clever passing wave length, yet.

Pickford started very wobbly, but did great at the end. Zouma looks like he shits himself when hes under pressure, again him and Pickford nearly created a huge blunder, Zouma being at fault.

Richarlison decided to turn up for the second half and led that line well, but he needs to fuck off this going down easy shite. How he got back up after being body slammed by Ake (no foul given either) surprised me, it was like watching WWE.

Loved Zouma celebrating with Silva after the goal as well, nice to see.

Somebody should slap Pickford in the mouth, can be a bit disruptive in the dressing room if he carries on the way he is.  Time for a new Right back, Coleman's going downhill.  Midfield was average.  Charlison is not a centre forward and I wish Silva would stop playing him there, Siggi was only average and I would like to see Bernard given a go there. Lookman had a good game .  We need a striker badly..

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Somebody should slap Pickford in the mouth, can be a bit disruptive in the dressing room if he carries on the way he is.  Time for a new Right back, Coleman's going downhill.  Midfield was average.  Charlison is not a centre forward and I wish Silva would stop playing him there, Siggi was only average and I would like to see Bernard given a go there. Lookman had a good game.

ha ha ha  I love the idea Bill