IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday October 26th

markjazzbassist

7 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

How can we spend the money we have spent over the last 4-5 years bringing in some of the best quality players from sides below us to build on a squad we had not allow us to have higher expectations. Please tell me which World-Class players Leicester have bought which allow them to be expecting top 4 that we haven't. There league winning side was decimated and they have built back to be a very good side with great transfers. There is a long way to go but we have not come near to being as good as them in the last 5 years. 

I think we can have higher expectations, I think your talking utter shite.

Maddison, Tielemans, Pereira... Who have we signed that's better? Throwing money around doesn't mean you're signing good players. Our recruitment has been a disgrace since Moshiri came in

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

Maddison, Tielemans, Pereira... Who have we signed that's better? Throwing money around doesn't mean you're signing good players. Our recruitment has been a disgrace since Moshiri came in

100% agree its been shit but who is to blame for that. and I would say recruitment of managers has been shit aswell. I would slightly disagree on the money point in most teams it does seem to buy success Man City are where they are because of money spent. I'll be honest I am not sure what your point is. Are you saying SIlva should be given more time.

Just now, memmaclub2 said:

100% agree its been shit but who is to blame for that. and I would say recruitment of managers has been shit aswell. I would slightly disagree on the money point in most teams it does seem to buy success Man City are where they are because of money spent.

Only if you have people who know what they're doing spending the money. Silva might be out of his depth but I feel sorry for him coz he inherited a shit show and I think Brands has struggled to put it right too. A few injuries and we're being badly exposed. That's not just the manager, even if he isn't good enough. That's having a result of squandering fuck loads of money putting together an average squad

I said last week that we were flattered in that we played a terrible West Ham side and even today Brighton made things relatively easy for us going forward as there was plenty of space and our midfield had options ahead of them, again with Iwobi doing well as a 10. We had a lot more problems going the other way, Brighton didn't actually capitalise on the good positions they got themselves in which is a concern seeing as they scored 3, but they good get through the middle of us with relative ease. Neither Davies or Gomes are much good at tracking and staying with runners and they were getting by them. If we play that midfield against Leicester in a couple of weeks time we will get tonked.

Siggurdsson started well wen he first came on but slowly surely the runs dried up, him and Richarlison werent linking up play in the same way when Iwobi was there and as a result Walcott barely featured in any build up play. He had a chance to get on the end of a couple of chances (which he fluffed) but that was it.

Keane and Holgate did quite well for the majority of the game but they both started making mistakes, Keanes the more evident, but IMO Holgate should cover that front post for the final goal and if he does Digne doesn't have to get involved. In a positive for Holgate the ball he played for DCL' goal was very nice and simple.

As I have covered, the changes were poor. I thought we would go 433 with Richarlison going wide but he went into a 442 with Davies and Siggy playing as very deep wide central midfielders. Other than going for two banks of 4 I dont see what the point was. It ended up with a lot more long ball. He could have just sat Delph behind the other two midfielders and used the other 3 on the counter but he did what he did instead and that meant using a tired central midfielder on the left flank where he unsurprisingly struggled.

I feel like watching us is a bit of a waste of time at the moment unless its another frail team. We might get some joy at home against an Arsenal or Utd but that will likely be the highlight of our season.

18 minutes ago, nogs said:

Silva wanted wingers over centre mids. Teliemans smashed it last season and we should have been in for him yet Silva doesn't understand that central midfield is the most important position and focused on bringing in yet another winger!

As for Periera we've got Digne. 

If you do a mixed eleven of Everton and Leicester the player wise it's quite equal, the main difference is that their core is much much better/solid. (I've banged on about ours being weak for years).

Pickford 

Pereira Evans Mina Digne 

Walcott Teliemans Gomes Richarlison 

Maddison

DCL

38 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Theres a glaring error here. DCL over Vardy??? Or are you just comparing their signings this year??

Vardy is too one dimensional. If you want to play football you have a player who can hold the ball up rather than just roll off the last man, DCL has a lot more to his game than Vardy. 

32 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Look at how Darren Bent for on at Spurs. If the first thing mentioned about a player is their pace, I'm general they're not very good and struggle with a step up. 

Really tell that to Micheal Owen, they both had pace and a cool confidence to finish consistently week in week out, to say DCL is in their class is nuts. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Really tell that to Micheal Owen, they both had pace and a cool confidence to finish consistently week in week out, to say DCL is in their class is nuts. 

Michael Owen had a lot more to his game. His pace had gone at Newcastle yet his goals per game was still impressive, his positioning was class and he was also one of the best headerers (if that's a word). Vardy just has pace, and you have set up for the counter to get the best out of him. If he was here in this set up we'd look even worse attacking wise. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Michael Owen had a lot more to his game. His pace had gone at Newcastle yet his goals per game was still impressive, his positioning was class and he was also one of the best headerers (if that's a word). Vardy just has pace, and you have set up for the counter to get the best out of him. If he was here in this set up we'd look even worse attacking wise. 

Don’t think you’ve watched much of Leicester lately Pete at all. Vardy has had to change his game a lot under Rodgers. They play possession football now. Barnes, and Perez in 4-3-3. Still Vardy continues to bag 

21 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Don’t think you’ve watched much of Leicester lately Pete at all. Vardy has had to change his game a lot under Rodgers. They play possession football now. Barnes, and Perez in 4-3-3. Still Vardy continues to bag 

Their last manager for the sack as Vardy couldn't cope with the new tactics. 

I reckon he'll be shifted next year and Perez take the mantle. 

35 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I agree Vardy has really struggled with the step up to the Premier League.

Is this Jackanory, the guy was the league’s top scorer when they won it, he has been one of the top scorers constantly, his goals won Leicester the premier league one of the biggest feats I will no doubt see in my life as a football fan. 
What has he really struggled with in Premier league because I’m at a loss to what it could be. 

59 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gareth Bale then, and Darren Bent wasn’t renowned for his pace. 

For anyone saying vardy is 1 dimensional and that DCL has more to the game I question your understanding of the game. I am opinionated with little knowledge happy to admit it but if you look at DCL and vardy and see DCL as the better player I a dumfounded. With his goals record this season I am happy to see DCL get a place for a while to see if it keeps going BUT they said on the commentary today he has scored more in the last 5 than he did in the previous 39. SO you can understand my scepticism.

I agree with Marcos assessment of the refs decisions but the teams ability to pick themsevles up from that set back is the culture that the manager brings. The lack of character to come back from behind in 21 games is just not good enough and although he maybe better than Alladyce (Not may definitely) he is not a top 6 manager. Raffa mourinho they have a record of winning stuff. Atleast lets try that level of manager and say it doesn't work. I would rather be sacking mourinho saying that didn't work than another plucky hopeful like marco.

57 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gareth Bale then, and Darren Bent wasn’t renowned for his pace. 

I've commented loads on here about Bale being overrated. Done a stats check on him ages ago when he was in the prem and at the time top 8 was the usual plus us and WBA. Only team he had decent stats against was Arsenal, which were fairly open games back then. 

Phil Neville had him in his pocket with ease as did any decent right back. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Is this Jackanory, the guy was the league’s top scorer when they won it, he has been one of the top scorers constantly, his goals won Leicester the premier league one of the biggest feats I will no doubt see in my life as a football fan. 
What has he really struggled with in Premier league because I’m at a loss to what it could be. 

His goals are all the same though. There's a reason Sturridge couldn't get a game for Liverpool anymore and it's the same reason a bigger club hasn't took Vardy. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

His goals are all the same though. There's a reason Sturridge couldn't get a game for Liverpool anymore and it's the same reason a bigger club hasn't took Vardy. 

Jesus Pete get yourself down the doctors mate, I’m sure there’s a pill for your problem 💊😀

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Jesus Pete get yourself down the doctors mate, I’m sure there’s a pill for your problem 💊😀

He's useful. I even said I'd like him here as second choice of they went down (when they nearly did). But at Leicester he's played mostly in a system that suits him, just look at how lost Keane is here when asked to step up. Vardy doesn't have enough in his locker to be any more than a poacher. 

10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Come on, we all know that football is corrupt and VAR is a tool being used to manipulate results.

Hy everyone, I was very pro-VAR because naively I thought it would purify the game and stop shit happening on a pitch, shit like god's hands, free kicks and penalties for best actors and all that. But now I think the opposite with Leicester snatching draw from Burnely thanks to very controversial decision in previous tour and this awful penalty - all these makes me sick. Come on! Kean barely lay his arm on the opponent, the guy just felt a slight touch and immediately decided to fall by clutching his feet and nearly hurting himself with landing. VAR is a joke. I never was conspiracy person, but there is a possibility that some big football officials won't let go the monopoly to manipulate the game.

9 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Anyone see us doing anything this season? We are bang average 

I thought we already get used to it? This is reality - we are not top-6 club and not soon we become one, in fact today's game was a tester. I had some small hopes that performance against west ham will be a turning point, but no. After this tester I can say that maybe we could be a special guest star for the relegation battle of this season.

9 hours ago, nogs said:

No idea why people are slagging off Silva. DCL scores with first touch, bar a dreadful penalty decision we win the game. Get a fucking grip there's no accounting for bad luck and worse decision making. We got shafted by two awful decisions last week too. 

Yeah bad luck and decision making. But our performance and results took us far beyond the point when we really could  live up to this dubious consolation. 

There's a lot wrong about how this match played out. I thought the VAR decision was very harsh. The ball was going out no matter way Keane did or (probably) didn't do. So that was a really bad and unfortunate decision. The fatal part, for me, is the attitude and lack of confidence that followed. Mostly in that our boys don't have it.

I know I'm a dumb American on this stuff but when I played American football the teams I was lucky enough to play on always took pride in being mentally tough in the last 1/4 of the game. But that doesn't come easy--it means a ton of conditioning and hard work under pressure. In practice and training, we fucking ran till we all puked. But the payoff was knowing that when we got a lead late we could see it out.

And that's what's missing here. The players don't believe they deserve to win because they haven't earned it in training. I bet the number of times Sir Alex teams lost after leading in the 75th minute can be counted on one hand. Our boys, a lot of which are really good at football, just don't have the confidence necessary to see it out. And not to belabor the point, but that comes on the training ground. You have to earn the confidence. And I don't think they've even been asked to earn it. But when you've puked, thought you were going to die, run a thousand extra sprints that you thought were all your last sprint; that's when you earn the confidence to finish out a match like today's. 

A lot went against us today, but those points were out there for us. We just haven't earned them.

The penalty was shocking but it's the way we responded to it that is worse, our heads went down and we looked like a team of kids that had just been told off. The Delph substitute was a mistake, I can see what Silva was trying to do, but it just slowed everything down and we kind of lost our shape. We should be beating teams like Brighton but instead we've conceded three goals to a team that struggle to score. 

20 minutes ago, JimmytheJimster said:

The penalty was shocking but it's the way we responded to it that is worse, our heads went down and we looked like a team of kids that had just been told off. The Delph substitute was a mistake, I can see what Silva was trying to do, but it just slowed everything down and we kind of lost our shape. We should be beating teams like Brighton but instead we've conceded three goals to a team that struggle to score. 

It did slow everything down, which is exactly was always going to happen by bringing him. That's his whole game. So by saying you can see what he was trying to do I presume you mean you could see that Silva wanted to slow the game down, so you can't really criticise him for doing it.

21 hours ago, nogs said:

No idea why people are slagging off Silva. DCL scores with first touch, bar a dreadful penalty decision we win the game. Get a fucking grip there's no accounting for bad luck and worse decision making. We got shafted by two awful decisions last week too. 

Exactly.

We had so many chances to put this game to bed. He made subs and we went ahead.

We lost to a shocking decision by the officials. Absolutely disgusted by that decision. 

I honestly don’t believe that Silva instructed Walcott to miss a sitter either.