IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday October 26th

markjazzbassist

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's never a foul. It's accidental contact, both eyes on the ball. If that's a penalty then all accidental contact is a foul. 

Thats a disgrace. 

Alan Pardew..

"It is really a heart-breaking decision, every professional football player would tell you that’s not a penalty."

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

No idea why people are slagging off Silva. DCL scores with first touch, bar a dreadful penalty decision we win the game. Get a fucking grip there's no accounting for bad luck and worse decision making. We got shafted by two awful decisions last week too. 

Doesn’t matter. We should be beating teams like this comfortably. Look at Leicester last night. Take the game out of the officials hands. But we don’t do that ever 

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

No idea why people are slagging off Silva. DCL scores with first touch, bar a dreadful penalty decision we win the game. Get a fucking grip there's no accounting for bad luck and worse decision making. We got shafted by two awful decisions last week too. 

We've got 1 point on the road this season and we've played  Burnley,  Bournemouth, Villa and Brighton. It's more than just one off bad luck. We didn't deserve anything out of the game today and that's what we got. 

I just want him gone now. For all the excitement of the summer and the squad "on Paper" the performances he is getting is not good enough. Not buying a CB was massive mistake. I don't wish Marco ill will and thank him for his efforts but the spending the theoretical quality of the players we have is not turning into even keeping us standing still I think since we got the money and lost lukaku we have not been a top 7 side on performances or results. Until the board attract a true winner manager this is how everton will be.

Another point: IF we were serious about buying Zaha as a club like everton you have to make that happen early on in the window. irrespective of your views on the player to a team like Everton he is a marquee signing and playing that out in the media as we did and then to get iwobi for a massively inflated price shows the transfer team at the club are playing it like football manager. 

I would rather be back in the days of moyes buying marcus bent and getting us results through grit than having a precession of stop gap managers who spend a fortune and make no serious impact on improving either results or style of play. We have to be aiming for a manager who has won stuff and who can demand quality performances. Stop the board spunking money on perceived quality every year.

Just now, Finn balor said:

Doesn’t matter. We should be beating teams like this comfortably. Look at Leicester last night. Take the game out of the officials hands. But we don’t do that ever 

We're not Leicester though. About time Everton fans woke up and realised what we are squad wise. Some talented players, yes, but absolutely threadbare as a squad. Just look at the CB situation today. Look what happened when Gomes got injured. If that penalty hadn't been given nobody would be complaining. Expecting us to smash anyone, especially away from home, 8s just unrealistic

Just now, nogs said:

He made changes and they didn't work. Yes we scored, but it doesn't make the decision correct because our overall play was terrible. We got progressively worse after the subs, in fact after the Siggurdsson sub. 

Yes the penalty decision was shocking and it could have been completely different but you can't say we were creating chances or stopping them at the time. 

It's even more worrying how we turned to absolute shite once they scored the 2nd and it looked like they had another in them. Our heads had gone, very reminiscent of our time under Martinez. 

7 minutes ago, nogs said:

Do you know what mate its even on today so much this is another result but please explain to me what this guuys bring that koeman Martinez and Fat Sam didn't. Where is the improvement season on season. Surely as an Everton fan of the last 30 years I can expect us (spending the money we do) to be in and about the top 6 consistently. Look at the teams we have lost to and the performances to go with them and tell me you think he deserves more time.

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

Get a grip wake up nogs, we are playing mediocre teams and getting beat, you can’t blame the official’s for our losses we should be winning these games when you look at the money he’s spent, he’s had the backing it’s about time he paid it back. 

We lost because of simply awful substitutions. Kean should have replaced Bernard, for example. Bringing on Delph was a tactical mistake; we needed momentum.

Holgate did well stepping in today, and Sidibe is earning his stripes. I can't blame Keane for the penalty; it was just terrible refereeing. Then, I think we lost it mentally because of the impact of the penalty decision.

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

We're not Leicester though. About time Everton fans woke up and realised what we are squad wise. Some talented players, yes, but absolutely threadbare as a squad. Just look at the CB situation today. Look what happened when Gomes got injured. If that penalty hadn't been given nobody would be complaining. Expecting us to smash anyone, especially away from home, 8s just unrealistic

We’re not Leicester because our manager is wank and theirs is good, Silva’s had much more time and much more money. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

How can we spend the money we have spent over the last 4-5 years bringing in some of the best quality players from sides below us to build on a squad we had not allow us to have higher expectations. Please tell me which World-Class players Leicester have bought which allow them to be expecting top 4 that we haven't. There league winning side was decimated and they have built back to be a very good side with great transfers. There is a long way to go but we have not come near to being as good as them in the last 5 years. 

I think we can have higher expectations, I think your talking utter shite.

2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

Do you know what mate its even on today so much this is another result but please explain to me what this guuys bring that koeman Martinez and Fat Sam didn't. Where is the improvement season on season. Surely as an Everton fan of the last 30 years I can expect us (spending the money we do) to be in and about the top 6 consistently. Look at the teams we have lost to and the performances to go with them and tell me you think he deserves more time.

I'm not defending him to be honest. Before the West Ham game I thought it was probably time for him to go. But there are times in football when you get shafted and it isn't the managers fault. Evertonians are obsessed with blaming the manager. Sometimes it's OTT. We got done by an abysmal VAR decision and conceded on the break trying to win the game. Yes our away form is dreadful and Silva might not be the right man for the job but I don't see this as a result that can be put on him. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

75% of teams in the league play it out from the back. Maybe more! 

Not in this weather, ball is too slippy to play it out as often. It's inviting the opposition to press and hope for a loose ball.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Goal given as an og.

Thought it you were getting it on target you get credit for the goal. If that was Kane no doubt he'd be getting a plus one to his goals tally. 

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

sidibe has done well today, he will be a solid replacement/competition for coleman

Thought he was pretty poor myself. Rather we stuck with Martina as at least he could defend. Plus Walcott doesn't need the overlap so makes more sense have a better defender behind him. 

36 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The longer Siggy has been on the more and more we are getting stifled in attack. Richarlison has got a lot quieter as well. Iwobi less involved and Walcott too. 

I forgot he was in the pitch second half until he crossed it to their keeper to set up the counter for the winner. Joke of a sub and Silva should be sacked as he's obviously not learned. 

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's never a foul. It's accidental contact, both eyes on the ball. If that's a penalty then all accidental contact is a foul. 

Thats a disgrace. 

I thought they only went to VAR if the ref was unsure yet this one seemed to me called by the player. Are all pens reviewed? Joke whatever numpties made the decision any how, should be banned from the VAR room. 

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

Bringing on a player isn't enough to give credit. Did Silva encourage Holgate in training to play those balls? I highly doubt it. Likewise he's only there as Silva had little other choice, same with Davies. 

We only had one decision go against us and that would have only meant a draw. Even if we won he deserves to be sacked. The tactics are shite the subs are awful. Add to that he's just a massive fucking loser mentality wise, never won from behind and lost another lead. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

I'm not defending him to be honest. Before the West Ham game I thought it was probably time for him to go. But there are times in football when you get shafted and it isn't the managers fault. Evertonians are obsessed with blaming the manager. Sometimes it's OTT. We got done by an abysmal VAR decision and conceded on the break trying to win the game. Yes our away form is dreadful and Silva might not be the right man for the job but I don't see this as a result that can be put on him. 

People are saying that the decisions cost us. However this manager has had enough time to get his DNA into the players and bought players to fit his tactics. The last 6 games are the result of that. That is why people want him gone not just on today.