IGNORED

Watford (Carabao Cup Home) Tuesday October 29th

markjazzbassist

Very happy with that.  You could see after the half they came out and wanted it.  Hit the cross bar a few times and kept it going until the goals started coming.  I hope it helps our confidence in the league too.

very happy we are moving on, I have always been a big advocate of the cups and winning a trophy.  Teams like colchester and oxford still in it, I’d take the villa and wolves winner to.  COYB

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Great finish from Richarlison. Shows how we are totally dependent upon the counter attack under Silva.

When we have the lion's share of possession we struggle to create chances against solid defensive units. When the game opens up and we get the chance to launch a counter we look much improved.

Unfortunately, half of the Premier League is going to set their side up to frustrate us and the other half are better than us.

100% this. We improved when they let the handbrake off and the space opened up. 

Before that we were clueless. 

Jesus, that first half will not live long in my memory. The majority of them were atrocious - Mina and Holgate perhaps the only ones that played well that half, and one that looked like an old man that needs putting out to pasture (*cough* Coleman *cough*). 

Second half we improved but it still wasn’t great for much of it. I’m just happy to be through, that’s all I really care about. 

Good thing Watford only turned up for a participation ribbon as we were gash again, especially first half. The off ball, or lack of to be more precise is shocking. I just can't see where Silva expects the goals to come from if we don't put players through the middle to collect the ball. Standard training is playing against two flat banks of go of four, I'd love to know how Silva thinks his attacking play will work past it and how long it actually takes the lads trying to do so. Seriously what are Gomes and Delph's instructions to do with the ball, as all I can see is they're told to pass it out wide. Gomes had possibly his worst game for us, shite on the ball and even worse off it.

Only real positive was Mina who in his short stint dominated from the back other than that the first half was filled with nothingness. Walcott gave some pace and urgency forward when coming on but ultimately the tactics just suck the life out of the team.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well this is a pleasant surprise to wake up to :) 

You know we only ever win when the other team doesn’t turn up Matt, shouldn’t be a surprise anymore haha.

Why would any manager ever come here. You lose its your fault! You win the premier title, it’s because the other teams had the year off ( though it’s still not a given we would win it ).

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

You know we only ever win when the other team doesn’t turn up Matt, shouldn’t be a surprise anymore haha.

Why would any manager ever come here. You lose its your fault! You win the premier title, it’s because the other teams had the year off ( though it’s still not a given we would win it ).

We played a team who haven't won a league all season. 5 draws, 5 defeats, 5 goals scored, 21 conceded. 

They didn't even have any fight, bar Pereyra, and started the game with their best players Dacoure and Deulofeu on the bench. Yet first half we were as bad as any game. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

We played a team who haven't won a league all season. 5 draws, 5 defeats, 5 goals scored, 21 conceded. 

They didn't even have any fight, bar Pereyra, and started the game with their best players Dacoure and Deulofeu on the bench. Yet first half we were as bad as any game. 

Yes PeteO but as we know, we could play Chelsea, Arsenal, or anyone else.... and we only win if they don’t turn up.

Never anything to do with us.

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Yes PeteO but as we know, we could play Chelsea, Arsenal, or anyone else.... and we only win if they don’t turn up.

Never anything to do with us.

It's a fair shout. Last time we beat a team were they showed up was Cardiff, and even then they were missing their best players.