IGNORED

Brighton (Home) Saturday January 11th

markjazzbassist

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your not alone.

Even though we had a lot of possession, I never thought we were in control. I was in the upper bullens and Sigurdsson got loads of stick for turning away from the defenders anytime they were put under pressure. He literally turned his back to them.

Davies lost the ball on the edge of penalty area so many times, but at least he tried to look for it. But I just can’t see where he is going to improve.

Sidibe should come with a obstructed view warning on the website as he makes the opposition walk around him on the pitch all the time. Watch his reaction when they hit the bar. He gets turned, and stands still, STILL! Not even a complementary jog like Morgan.

But once the ball hit Bernard, was things happened.the front three worked hard all game and dragged us through. But we do need someone more energetic in the middle to help these guys out.

The commentry on the stream I was watching were mentioning how the Everton fans were unfair to be doing that. If he watched us week in week out he'd understand why.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

The commentry on the stream I was watching were mentioning how the Everton fans were unfair to be doing that. If he watched us week in week out he'd understand why.

Yes I think it was more people were confirming to each other that it happens all the time. 
And by loads of stick, I don’t mean shouts at min, rather people talking with each other.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Even though we had a lot of possession, I never thought we were in control. I was in the upper bullens and Sigurdsson got loads of stick for turning away from the defenders anytime they were put under pressure. He literally turned his back to them.

Davies lost the ball on the edge of penalty area so many times, but at least he tried to look for it. But I just can’t see where he is going to improve.

You sort of answer on Davies when you talk about Sig. He's losing the ball as he's got little options/help from the bloke next to him. Big shame he never got to play with Barry more to learn of someone more experienced. 

40 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Surprise surprise Theo penalty wasn’t even  discussed on the ref watch on sky sports this morning.

Doesn’t matter Gallagher as he rarely goes against his mates and I find it about the most uninteresting but if tv on a subject that should be fascinating. All I hear him say repeatedly is ‘be careful what you wish for’ and ‘he’s either offside or he’s not’ arghhh 

Id love for an ex ref to on these shows to show some personality and not be so robotic. 

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

You sort of answer on Davies when you talk about Sig. He's losing the ball as he's got little options/help from the bloke next to him. Big shame he never got to play with Barry more to learn of someone more experienced. 

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

Yes I think it was more people were confirming to each other that it happens all the time. 
And by loads of stick, I don’t mean shouts at min, rather people talking with each other.

There is more to this than simply going to get the ball from the centre backs. It was clear from Ancellotti's instructions to Pickford that he wanted us to go longer and not risk those balls into midfield, of which Davies fell foul of on more than one occasion. I don't believe that Ancellotti wanted us to play straight through midfield following the Liverpool game. We saw that Davies and Siggurdsson were much more comfortable at getting on the ball once we had possession higher up the pitch. Again they were outnumbered 2 v 3 in the middle and when Brighton pressed they caught us out.

If you watch Man City they don't all rush deep to collect the ball. They impose themselves on the space and trust their teammates to find them. If you watch Siggurdsson closely, even more so when he was a 10, you see him expecting the ball to go somewhere else so that he is then available to pick the ball up from them in space. It's the same when you watch De Bruyne. He isn't available, running around to make sure he can receive every pass. He trusts his teammates to find him when he gets into space which for him is usually in that inside right channel. 

I have seen enough from Siggurdsson to know that he without doubt does collect the ball when required, and more importantly when it's on. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There is more to this than simply going to get the ball from the centre backs. It was clear from Ancellotti's instructions to Pickford that he wanted us to go longer and not risk those balls into midfield, of which Davies fell foul of on more than one occasion. I don't believe that Ancellotti wanted us to play straight through midfield following the Liverpool game. We saw that Davies and Siggurdsson were much more comfortable at getting on the ball once we had possession higher up the pitch. Again they were outnumbered 2 v 3 in the middle and when Brighton pressed they caught us out.

If you watch Man City they don't all rush deep to collect the ball. They impose themselves on the space and trust their teammates to find them. If you watch Siggurdsson closely, even more so when he was a 10, you see him expecting the ball to go somewhere else so that he is then available to pick the ball up from them in space. It's the same when you watch De Bruyne. He isn't available, running around to make sure he can receive every pass. He trusts his teammates to find him when he gets into space which for him is usually in that inside right channel. 

I have seen enough from Siggurdsson to know that he without doubt does collect the ball when required, and more importantly when it's on. 

At centre mid he should be doing more to be in a position for the pass to alleviate the pressure. Biggest compliment Barry got was that he's always showing for the ball. More often if we were under pressure the ball would end up with Davies rather than Sig as he shirked responsibility. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

At centre mid he should be doing more to be in a position for the pass to alleviate the pressure. Biggest compliment Barry got was that he's always showing for the ball. More often if we were under pressure the ball would end up with Davies rather than Sig as he shirked responsibility. 

If he shirks responsibility why does he end the game with more touches and more passes? 

58 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If he shirks responsibility why does he end the game with more touches and more passes? 

Fuck me the old stat argument. Much easier to sit behind and recieve the ball in a nice safe spot and crab it. There's far too many variables to just go off stats. How many times were we in a jam and Gylfi showed for the ball? How many times did he use good foot work or get the ball forward? 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

There is more to it. But turning your back to your defenders when they are being pressured is not a tactic from the manager. I can assure that of that.

If it is, then we really need to get rid of Carlo right now haha.

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

One of the reasons Felli was so good for us is that he was always following the play, showing for the ball and hustling it on again. Barry did too. Gomes is the only current player we have that can do that.