IGNORED

Thiago Silva

24 minutes ago, barryj said:

I hear what your saying but I don’t think they can be really called that as there are only three friendlies before we get going. I want Everton to be at their best every game and get into a winning habit. We all to easily throw comments like this at games that don’t go our way or against inferior opposition but that’s not the winning mentality I want our team to have. They do mean something otherwise we wouldn’t have them. Look at our neighbours over the park a win against better opposition in their opening friendly, Spurs another. 

They are just about getting players fit mean nothing when the season starts 

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

Completely disagree. You can get players fit on the training ground, but you need a certain level of intensity in the friendlies to get match fit. Winning breeds winning. 
Otherwise save the hassle and just have the first team play the U23s until the season starts. 

This, 100% agree.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we told our wingers last preseason to do a lot of running and get fit, don’t worry about crossing or doing fuck all with the ball and it carried into the season.

Once you step on that field you have a job and task to do.

I think the same applies to the end of last season too. Lots of people gave excuses which I understand to an extent but the end of that season rolls into the beginning of this.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see us, Newcastle and Palace all struggle at the start of the new season. They both play today so it will be interesting to see whether they turn up!

Chelsea have signed Malang Sarr from Lille on a free. Means they’ve got quite a stockpile of CB’s. Not sure if we can sneak in and get Thiago Silva from underneath them but he would be an excellent addition to go with the some of the other names mentioned.